World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it me or tyrannical is way harder than fortified? I was pugging 10s last week but this week I m failing 7s on bosses. Also seems like some dps cheesed bosses the previous week without knowing the mechanics. One retadin didnt even know about soaking beams on halls last boss in a +9
I doubt that. Most bosses are stupid easy to tank even with it. The trash last week was f'n scary though.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
8 is pretty hard. The first time I haven't been able to complete with my Veng DH. I know I can get it if I get the Immolation Aura Powers, I just haven't gone back and tried again.

The key to rogue likes/lites are fast in nature. Hades has perfect pacing, it takes about 40 mins max to do a run. Dead Cells is a little over hour on 5BC. The pacing in Torghast is all janked up in the upper levels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Merrith Merrith Does the 25% crit 75% healing reduced affect pets?

I'm on a 7 upper and this looks like a make-or-break decision. I don't like the sound of 75% reduced healing.

edit: passed on it, 7 upper boss now. Synod down on upper 7. Was very close and Turtle saved the fight with a rez.

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Seems like decent changes. Would still like to see some kind of alternate rewards system, like the cosmetics or random fluff folks mentioned. Only other thing that's bugged me are the Tower Sentinels and if you have ones that are spawned in sections of the floor that are sealed off, you're still most likely getting hit with their aura and can't kill them off. Minor, but kind of annoying.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The fact that M+ still doesn't have cosmetic/mount/achievement rewards should tell you they are never putting that shit into Torghast.

Challenge modes had better rewards than this shit.

• 2Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
That's a lot of nerfs, nice. Funny how they do a bunch of hard nerfs right after they buffed it on the 14th probably due to the reddit threads, etc.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
At least put something into Torghast that lets you raise your reputation with Ve'nari.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
The cosmetic shit will come in with Twisting Corridors whenever that comes out

Layer 8 of that has a mount you can use in Torghast except each layer has 18 floors so the anima powers are going to be nuts

Araxen

That's a lot of nerfs, nice. Funny how they do a bunch of hard nerfs right after they buffed it on the 14th probably due to the reddit threads, etc.

The entire front page of /r/wow was about how bad Torghast was now. lol

I'm honestly surprised they made the changes so quickly to be honest. It has to be some sort of record.

• 1Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s weird how they are fine designing mythic raids and high level M+ to be impossibly hard for the vast majority of the population but then are terrified to make anything else in the game challenging. It’s fine, getting my weekly done faster is appreciated.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
cracked 190 ilevel today. mapping out the road to 200 now.

Messing up my first legendary choice will cost me an additional 2-3 weeks before I can pump high M+ keys.

One of my legendaries is worth 1k dps and I can't get access for at least 2 more torg cycles.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They just need to embrace the silliness of torghast. Give everyone broken fun as fuck powers, that just lets them speed through it while doing some really dumb crap. THere's zero reason it needs to be some challenging content, as all it is atm is a weekly chore for ash.

If you want to make it into actual content, then it needs to be something for more then just something you do once a week for ash.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just hit 1800 on my DH. Very hard class. Onward to Duelist!

1608254565383.png

• 1Faggotry

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
It’s weird how they are fine designing mythic raids and high level M+ to be impossibly hard for the vast majority of the population but then are terrified to make anything else in the game challenging. It’s fine, getting my weekly done faster is appreciated.

Torghast really isn't content that should be Mythic+15 difficult, or something that should require Raid gear, IMO...especially for the paltry rewards it actually gives at the highest layers.

In fact, I don't think the difficulty should be tuned around item level at all. Make it more like the Mage Tower where it's primarily about fight knowledge and perfect execution. Obviously better gear will be an advantage, but there were people that could outplay the Mage Tower at 900 ilvl, and people that struggled at 960 ilvl. That's the sign of actually challenging content and not just something artificial tuned to be difficult with pure numbers.

They just need to embrace the silliness of torghast. Give everyone broken fun as fuck powers, that just lets them speed through it while doing some really dumb crap. THere's zero reason it needs to be some challenging content, as all it is atm is a weekly chore for ash.

If you want to make it into actual content, then it needs to be something for more then just something you do once a week for ash.

100% agree. I don't know why they don't just lean into it completely instead of this weird half-assed form of "balance".

Make some super wacky overpowered abilities. Expand on the goofy drawbacks. Hell, if they made it shorter I would even think they could include traps and negative animas that make you lose. But that's much less tolerable when runs last 1-2 hours. Make them 30 minutes and let people be overpowered and have fun.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Interesting that mobs that get that stacking buff won't be crowd control immune at 10 I wonder if that means they'll be crowd control immune at a higher level or they just won't be crowd control immune cuz if not druids can just root rot the whole thing

Merrith

Merrith Merrith Does the 25% crit 75% healing reduced affect pets?

I'm on a 7 upper and this looks like a make-or-break decision. I don't like the sound of 75% reduced healing.

edit: passed on it, 7 upper boss now. Synod down on upper 7. Was very close and Turtle saved the fight with a rez.

I had a choice similar to that last night and didn't seem to affect our healing at all. Probably because mend pet is just a flat "heals 50% of pet's health over 10 seconds" or whatever.

Did my other 8 today, not sure if the nerfs hit super hard or what, b/c that shit was a joke. I had a bunch of shitty power choices too, only real damage buffs I had was Hunter's Mark and Kill Command bonuses. Boss seemed like a super easy one, though. Specter guy who goes incorporeal from time to time.

• 1Like

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
matter of fact another one spawned while I was taking a s*** and killed himself on my thorns and I ended the fight with full health.

• 1Mother of God