World of Warcraft: Current Year

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Since there is so much negativity in this thread lately I'm going to post some positive thoughts! I resubbed a couple months ago after quitting shortly after MoP launched. I'm really enjoying everything and I have no shortage of stuff to do. Between LFR, Flex, achievements, pet battles, and pvp I almost feel like I have too much to do. I have also really enjoyed the storyline as I've done the legendary quest and went through the various raids on LFR that I never did. Flex is awesome, by the way, and I love the fact that my smallish guild can do (slightly) more challenging content with whoever we happen to have online for (slightly) better rewards.

I'm also really looking forward to WoD. Is it more of the same? Sure. But considering I'm really enjoying what we have now, I don't see any problem with having more of it.

I guess I should add the caveat that I'm an extremely casual player: I only have time to play 30 minutes to 1 hour maximum on weeknights, and on the weekends I might play for 3 or 4 hours at most each day.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hold on McCheese, Kudos and Dumar will tell you how much fun you aren't having within a few minutes.

kudos

<Banned>
I'm sure he's having a great time.

However I think come April 4th he will soon forget about this pile of shit and move on to greener pastures.

Calling it now. TESO will be a WoW killer.

Bam. Shots fired.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
He's a sellout. Of course he sounds like a tool.
You stupid troll fuck please kill yourself.

Someone offered to pay him to do what he loves. The thing he found most fun in his life now gets him a fat paycheck. He gets paid to design video games!

The motherfucker WON LIFE, period.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
You stupid troll fuck please kill yourself.

Someone offered to pay him to do what he loves. The thing he found most fun in his life now gets him a fat paycheck. He gets paid to design video games!

The motherfucker WON LIFE, period.
I've worked in the industry (for one of the big ones) on the technical side. And I got out precisely because I didn't wanna become a sellout (that and the money is awful).

Furor leveraged his position as a leader of a prominent guild into a (for many) dream job as a quest designer to a creative director. Not dissing that: it's what he did AFTER that leverage. He doesn't design videogames: he designs revenue streams that have graphical interfaces based on marketing research, which is all WoW is now. He sold out completely and totally (like most do). You call a spade a spade, regardless of where it came from.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I guess I should add the caveat that I'm an extremely casual player: I only have time to play 30 minutes to 1 hour maximum on weeknights
And I'll tell you what I told Furor and everyone else back on FoH: single-player games are better for you. You're not supposed to do dungeon crawls and raids in that amount of time. But here we are.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
And I'll tell you what I told Furor and everyone else back on FoH: single-player games are better for you. You're not supposed to do dungeon crawls and raids in that amount of time. But here we are.
Dumar logic is best logic. Hey weather, you are not supposed to rain today you are supposed to sun shining. But here we are.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Even we (FoH insiders) don't know exactly what things Furor has worked on aside from questing, so it's funny seeing Dumar make these assumptions. Sure, he's in the pilot seat for WOD, but it's not like he can put out an expansion that radically alters the direction of the entire game.

The only way you guys wouldn't call him a sellout is if he financed, wrote and published a game all on his own. And knowing Furor lately, it would be a goddamn CCG called "You Suck at This Game"

That said, I'm sure Furor would wholeheartedly agree that he's a sellout. And would not give one single fuck about it, either.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have a feeling any technical guy who hit the six figure and beyond gets labeled a sellout. Fuck it. I have a great job and I'd trade places in a fucking heart beat. Cry more.

Cybsled

Furor in the pilot's seat for WOD only means one thing: Monks will get nerfed to fuck, because he hates monks ;/

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What does a class that parses in the middle of the charts have to do with one that is at the top of almost every encounter in every tier of an entire expansion, sir? Other than being delightfully simple and awesome to play, that is.