World of Warcraft: Current Year

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Hahaha

This is just a sad attempt at Blizzard trying to outdisney Disney. This character has been in-game since pretty much classic and has -always- had a male name with a female appearance (female bronze dragons have the suffix -ormi).

And no one gave a shit because dragons can turn into whatever they damn please so if this one dragon decides it wants to be able to grab gnome boobs at any time more power to him.

Except now it's popular to claim loud and high that you give a shit about minorities so let's officialize Chromie being a tranny dragon I suppose.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This character has been in-game since pretty much classic and has -always- had a male name with a female appearance (female bronze dragons have the suffix -ormi).
Its leaps of utter retardation. They created the character long before they had ever fleshed out the lore of dragons. It never was a supposed to be a mystery or a guessing game.
After shitting in your throat they're now pissing on you and don't even have the decency to call it rain.

Dragons are trans now.
Its sooo fucking retarded. Its fantasy, not supposed to be 100% 2021 humanity in a different setting.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Except now it's popular to claim loud and high that you give a shit about minorities so let's officialize Chromie being a tranny dragon I suppose.
Remember when they suddenly decided out of nowhere that Tracer was gay?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, as soon as he said that it was either hypocrisy or stockholm syndrome.

He is one of the few people that could actually have a big impact if he ever switched games. As it stands, as long as he continues feeding WoW content to his audience, why would Blizzard even care?
Switched games to what though?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Can't they just leave sex out of it? Jesus Christ.

Nope

That is literally all they talk about, think about and this shit seeps into all forms of media and entertainment.

I never asked myself if Ellen Ripley in Aliens liked dick or pussy, cause it didn't fucking matter. Same for any of the heroes of the games I played, cause that shit was irrelevant to killing monsters.

Now that shit is in your face as part of a character intro in the first 5 minutes cause apparently it's relevant somehow.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why are people shitting up this thread with this nonsense?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

I don't normally follow Asmongold but this rant is pretty on point:

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter
I read all that whining only to see him say he wont unsub. What a goddamn cuck :trump: This is why the US is gonna go to shit, that this guy loves taking it up the ass and that people love to be part of Asmongold's community. People dont care if something is wrong because whining is sufficient

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
He doesn't quit because it's still the best game of it's kind. It's fun, and it's especially fun if you play it with people that you actually like playing with.

There's a bunch of dumbass design decisions floating around in every expac, and some have more than others, but at the end of the day you take the good with the bad and deal with it. When it stops being fun you quit, but you don't have to throw a giant drama fest and turn into a crying baby over a couple annoyances.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Slow

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He doesn't quit because it's still the best game of it's kind. It's fun, and it's especially fun if you play it with people that you actually like playing with.

There's a bunch of dumbass design decisions floating around in every expac, and some have more than others, but at the end of the day you take the good with the bad and deal with it. When it stops being fun you quit, but you don't have to throw a giant drama fest and turn into a crying baby over a couple annoyances.

The real reason he doesn't quit is time invested, and frankly it's kind of how he makes his money. Could he swap to another game and make as much? I doubt it. When you say it's still the best game of it's kind it really matters what you mean by "it's kind". I don't think it's a better game than FF XIV at this point, but they are VERY different MMO's and depending on what specific things appeal to a player the most, I could easily see WoW still being the best spot to scratch that itch.

But it's taking a lot of L's in a row, and Legion is starting to look more like a flash in the pan. What was the last great expansion prior to Legion? I know MoP has kind of a divided opinion, but most people thought Cata, WoD, and BFA were all steps backwards mostly, no? If Shadowlands ends up in that group, too, it's a long time to go with only Legion standing out as mostly good.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I read all that whining only to see him say he wont unsub. What a goddamn cuck :trump: This is why the US is gonna go to shit, that this guy loves taking it up the ass and that people love to be part of Asmongold's community. People dont care if something is wrong because whining is sufficient
I was tricked, I read it thinking i'd get some Furor style rant and unsub threat but no, Asmongold is a fucking pus. Imagine being emotionally mature enough to step away from something, do/play something else, and come back. Not this guy, no, he going in dry everyday with a smile. A guy like Asmongold should have end game characters across all major MMOs and be potentially a top tier MMO reporter and making more money than he is but no, he simps for WoW.

Cuckity cuck cuck yeehaw, what a bitch.

Last edited:

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I unsubbed around two months ago, turns out you don't need an active sub to play on PTR so I've been playing the 9.1 content for a couple weeks. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me want to renew my sub.

The world content isn't bad, lots of new cinematics and story. Being able to mount in the Maw and fly in the SL zones is a nice (intentionally withheld) QOL improvement. Casuals can grind the new zone to eventually get roughly heroic raid level gear (237 and heroic is 239) but it's not clear yet how long it will take (it will take a long time, likely months).

Torghast changes kinda suck so far as it makes you want to rush, even if you don't want to. I completely ignored the timer/empowered bar and full cleared everything at my own pace on layers 8-10 (202 aff lock), even went AFK for 5-10 minutes sometimes, and got 4 stars consistently. Still some of the torments/blessings really make you want to rush, like I got this lightning orb one that charges up while you are moving so you end up running around in circles around the mobs every pull like a spaz. It's looking like it's going to take 9-10 hours of runs to max out the new talent tree if you're efficient.

I don't raid so I can't comment on the new raid, but I will say making the new dungeon Mythic only is clownshoes and tone-deaf if they're trying to retain players.

I don't want to play FF14 as it's not my style, but damn, their devs actually care and communicate with their players. They are not too stubborn to admit when they are wrong and constantly make changes to fix things that suck with the game. Their subs are booming as most games are, where as WoW is the only major game to actually lose subs during the pandemic. I can't even imagine how dismal their metrics would look if they weren't propped up by Classic and TBC.

TL;DR: Check out 9.1 for a month if you want, unsub until 9.2