World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Probably November to draw subs away from FF14 Endwalker.

Feel like Blizzard will try to target 9.1.5 for that. No chance they get out 9.2 that quickly at this rate, at least not in any shape it really needs to be to help wrap up the expansion since it sounds like they might not ever even have a 9.3 at this rate.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Feel like Blizzard will try to target 9.1.5 for that. No chance they get out 9.2 that quickly at this rate, at least not in any shape it really needs to be to help wrap up the expansion since it sounds like they might not ever even have a 9.3 at this rate.
"Why go to the Moon to fight Zodiark with the new scythe weilding Reaper class and kickass remixed FF4 battle music when we just removed Conduit Energy, Renown is now gained 4.8% faster and every other Tuesday is double anima from world quests!"

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hearing July 13th is a possibility

Nothing official but D2 drops in September and blizzard doesn't compete with its own releases

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It's always crazy to me how everyone bandwagons in the streamer/YouTuber communities.
I think this is the worst nightmare for Blizzard, because the patch cycles were designed so people (or more appropriately, the "influencers") would talk about WoW and not other MMOs/expansions.

To be honest, I am quite amazed how that "WoW player leaving for FFXIV" circlejerk started. From what I can gather it started with Bellular, and him having a lot of views on his clips channels talking about FFXIV. Everyone else starting to chase those clicks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think this is the worst nightmare for Blizzard, because the patch cycles were designed so people (or more appropriately, the "influencers") would talk about WoW and not other MMOs/expansions.

To be honest, I am quite amazed how that "WoW player leaving for FFXIV" circlejerk started. From what I can gather it started with Bellular, and him having a lot of views on his clips channels talking about FFXIV. Everyone else starting to chase those clicks.

It didn't start with Bellular, there's been plenty of long time smaller steamers who have swapped in the months before Bellular started talking about/playing FF. He might just be a bigger name that moves the needle for a lot more people causing even more people to swap or at least try out the other game.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
All I'm getting from the YouTube algorithm now are videos about WoW Streamers playing FF14 now.

WoW is getting the dying game vibe and nobody wants to be playing a dying game, it's just a matter of if Sunk Cost Fallacy is going to keep people trapped in it or not.
When they start churning out cosmetics or bring up D4/OW2 release then you will know they are panicking.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
ion.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
well given they are doing their lead up to the expansion big info posts I think early july is pretty near guaranteed.

There's a lot of stuff on PTR that flat out doesn't work at all at the moment, and the weekly PTR patches have trivial fluff.

If it does go live in early July it's probably going to be a shitshow.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There's a lot of stuff on PTR that flat out doesn't work at all at the moment, and the weekly PTR patches have trivial fluff.
And this would prevent the patch from launching on the management's mandated day... how?

If it does go live in early July it's probably going to be a shitshow.
That's what 3 hotfixes a day are for...

• 1Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
That's what 3 hotfixes a day are for...
Maybe this is one of the reasons why many people quit Blizzard, precisely because of abysmal project management and enforced deadlines like this.

Being forced to do overtime to hotfix known issues is all kinds of fucked up. QA shouldn't be an afterthought you just patch and hotfix on later. It is disrespectful to both your customers and your workers.

• 1Truth!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The people in charge dont give a shit. All that matters is how much money is rolling in.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Anyone who added a 6 mo sub when Shadowlands launched has had that lapse at this point. I have to imagine at this point their subs are monotonically decreasing at an alarming rate.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
You dudes make it sound like having the first patch be 8+ months after launch is somehow a harsh deadline on the devs. Fuck off.

• 2Worf
  • 1Slow
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users