World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
fun.png

Well, thank you Blizzard for optimizing the fun out of the game yourselves, so I don't have to.

• 16Worf
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 23 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
View attachment 358207

Well, thank you Blizzard for optimizing the fun out of the game yourselves, so I don't have to.

How does this explain the continued proliferation of nightfae throughout the expac?

Warriors all going nfae being the latest facepalm. Its impossible to get a venth dps.

Fun was optimized out alright. 5 alts 5 nightfae.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 358207

"given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of the game," and that, therefore, "we're going to hire a bunch of members of a community known specifically for optimizing the fun out of the game and put them in charge."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They can't possible put out another mount for a 6 month sub to tide people over. That's just like outright admitting that the emperor is naked.
Everyone quit though! I'm sure they'll limp out a gimpy 9.1 at some point next month though, gotta balance the systems!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I think (& hope honestly) that I'm done with not only WOW (dropped SL faster than any xpac ever), but Blizzard titles as a whole.

Never really enjoyed OW, Hearthstone feels like every other fotm card game to me, Diablo died with D3, Warcraft has been dead for 20 years... just nothing they're doing makes sense anymore and I can't think of a company as successful as Blizzard once was completely miss the mark so often and with such disdain for it's customer base. Good riddance to bad rubbish I guess, it's sad in a way but in another way it's pretty gratifying as well. All good things come to an end and I have almost zero interest in anything these fuck nuggets do from here on out - even a WOW 2, with new graphics, new worlds, etc etc (which doesn't look likely) probably isn't enough to get me interested again. They have zero idea what they're doing and zero clue what gamers want/need.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard has no shame anymore. They'll do it.
That's because the player community hates the WoW developers. And it's not getting better, it's getting worse. That is no excuse for Blizzard to actually lean in on this and go full Gamigo and milk the whales as long as possible.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If FF14 ended up being flipping the table on retail WoW I don't think it would even be a surprise.
All I'm getting from the YouTube algorithm now are videos about WoW Streamers playing FF14 now.

WoW is getting the dying game vibe and nobody wants to be playing a dying game, it's just a matter of if Sunk Cost Fallacy is going to keep people trapped in it or not.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Annie Fuschia was playing FF XIV today. It's always crazy to me how everyone bandwagons in the streamer/YouTuber communities.