World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A lot of the joy of early WoW was getting your shiny tier set, being done with gearing, and showing it off in a big city or in PvP. You had status. Then how about having a rare grind mount?

Now there's billions of recoloured incremental upgrades that look like shit, no status at all and no end to the grind. Every patch has 20 recoloured mounts and a few for the cash shop so nothing stands out.

What WoW needed was more casual content to show off your gear or get some sort of mount like Netherwing rep in Burning Crusade. Raiding was always good, especially once it went down to 25 man... but they keep trying to fix raiding.

FF14 has that original "farm it and you are done" design with millions of things to do while wearing your epic gear. Oh and you can alt a new class on the same character and only need to unlock everyone once ever.
I still hold that raiding was its best in WOTLK and it’s been downhill since. Maybe fights are great or individual tiers are great.

They should have dumped tons of time into ultra casual content. Made 10m raiding on par with 5m heroics or maybe mythic 0 and just said fuck it to LFR (I’m contradicting myself from 5 posts back). Then yeah shit like Torghast, mage tower, pvp like wintergrasp but make it about Tmog shit and some good not great gear. Then kept the 10m and 25m tier sets for classes. Class sets were awesome and I know it sucked trying to to create Paladin set 45, but hell redo a few classic ones with some upgrades. Put some distinct loot out and just have two levels. Make 25m ball bustingly hard and put a mount in it. Basically toss new and experimental casual content at the Wotlk model ad nauseum.

Its fucking sad that 10m Wotlk naxx had more memorable loot than anything in other xpacs.

Ion and maybe Blizz in general seemed to forget the classic audience that grew up and had kids really needed a way to get their raids in a Thursday night bowling league setting. See the story. Kill some bosses. Chuckle at the young fucks running around in the 25m raid gear as we talk about running BT back in the day before heading out to alterac redux and maybe running some crazy new extra long 5 man then fishing while green chat and beers roll by.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Fixed slightly.
meh.. My only complaint about ICC is I expected more horror. It looked too clean inside. I really feel that xpac got the short end of the stick. They clearly had more shit planned.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
meh.. My only complaint about ICC is I expected more horror. It looked too clean inside. I really feel that xpac got the short end of the stick. They clearly had more shit planned.

But lets be real, Ulduar was the only real standout raid from Wrath. ICC had some good fights, but a lot of it is carried by the "This Is The Raid Tier We Fought Arthas" aura.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

But lets be real, Ulduar was the only real standout raid from Wrath. ICC had some good fights, but a lot of it is carried by the "This Is The Raid Tier We Fought Arthas" aura.
I don't necessarily disagree. I just think the model for raiding was good with 10/25m. ICC also benefitted by coming after Trial of the Crusader which sucked and should have been part of a two raid zone patch.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Weekly Vault had to be disabled server-side and the new zone just crashes and kicks you. To char select or Oribos

Quest chains unresponsive

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lmao I remember for all 12 weeks or so of Shadowlands that I played, every single Tuesday was a fucking shitshow for the first 2 hours of servers being up. Constantly being stuck on flight paths and being dropped to your death outside Oribos. Every. Tuesday. For. 3. Months.

Small indie company.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The designers being part of the l337 hard core gaymer is 99% of the problem with WoW. Everyone says they want ball gridningly hard content until they wanna remember it's meant to be an MMORPG and the core of that concept is a community driven social game. People can disagree but you want content to be easy enough that you aren't forced into a constant war between developers and trying to slow down the top end shit socking turbo nerd ultra faggots.

Ion gets mad that Uberleet_McDickface will grind out 200 hours of content and be done, so instead Ion makes that into a 2000 hour grind which Uberleet_McDickface will still do anyways, but now Timmy_CasualChad is completely fucked from even reaching a quarter of that grind and instead quits the game in sheer disgust that he was asked to grind 2000 hours in the first place only for it to be 100% negated in patch Fuckyou.X

A bit of difficulty is great, and if they wanna lock cosmetic type shit, or mage tower type events away for a period of time, then great, but when the entire game is based around wasting your time then fuck everyone at Blizzard.
Ion is a piece of shit and I literally, genuinely, 100% hope he dies. Not a threat or anything, but if he died, the world would be a better place. Look into that man's eyes and tell me you see a soul. You don't.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Trade chat was being spammed with FF14 references during the time vault weekly was disabled

(blizzard actually removed the client ability to see the vault, including the stairs to the vault).

Its one thing if its a hot patch with hot content, you'll tolerate a rough launch. But rather 9.1 is the content people didn't ask for.

I can't imagine how many subs they lost. General sentiment was see you in 9.2. Many people corrected that by saying see you in FF14 and chat erupted in applause.

And at this point I have to consider FF14 myself. I just want normal MMO design.

Ion can fall down a flight of steps on his back.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Checked in, 2 AM EST. Great Vault still disabled, no ETA

Both the vault, and the stairs to the vault, are deleted from sight.

One rollback was done, but my first vault loot I got was retained despite the rollback I got to keep my item. No ETA given by Blizzard, and Great vault is permanently locked on a Tuesday reset. Disgusted.

This has to be a 100k-200k sub loss event. There's no way people tolerated not having Tuesday reset loot with no ETA.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
1625032084418.png

• 2Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Trade chat was being spammed with FF14 references during the time vault weekly was disabled

(blizzard actually removed the client ability to see the vault, including the stairs to the vault).

Its one thing if its a hot patch with hot content, you'll tolerate a rough launch. But rather 9.1 is the content people didn't ask for.

I can't imagine how many subs they lost. General sentiment was see you in 9.2. Many people corrected that by saying see you in FF14 and chat erupted in applause.

And at this point I have to consider FF14 myself. I just want normal MMO design.

Ion can fall down a flight of steps on his back.
Don't worry I am sure Ion will be circlejerking at the office while watching Method and the top runners try to bust mythic... whatever the fuck it's called.

Caeden

You know we used to brag on Blizz’s engineers. My guess if the big names have bled, so have the unsung heroes that made shit in their games buttery smooth.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Watched the Sylvanas vs Tyrande cinematic. Utter horseshit and I'm not even someone who typically gives a toss about the whole Night Elf melodrama engine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Weekly Vault had to be disabled server-side and the new zone just crashes and kicks you. To char select or Oribos

Quest chains unresponsive
I somehow saw this coming, as they had to push out the patch in whatever state it is. Because right now the tide of "internet hivemind opinion" is turning against them.

It's probably "all hands on deck" at the moment, because they just don't know what they did wrong. Which is, kind of, ironic in a sense, after letting players beta test one thing and then release something else. And then blame players for it in a roundabout way.

Meanwhile at Square Enix:

A TOAST SISTERS.jpg

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's actually pretty crazy that FF14 has managed to become such a huge topic within the WoW community. Like, I don't know if it's crazy to think there could actually be a huge exodus. This many people talking about it in every general Oribos chat on every server is kind of a big deal. People are sheep, and cultural movements cause huge changes and upheaval. If I was Blizzard, I'd be shitting my pants.

They are so cocky and arrogant and shitty. I desperately crave a massive downfall that causes a cataclysmic change at Blizzard. I want them to finally eat shit, like they deserve. They've taken the player base for granted for far too long, and been resentful of it in the process.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users