World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bruman

Golden Squire
So I've kinda had a WoW itch, but I think it just needs a small scratch and I'll be fine. I never bought MoP, and my account says I can do a trial. Anyone know if that will give me a trial (10 days I think) of MoP content, or will it just be 10 free sub days of content I've already purchased?

I'm guessing I could get back to max level in those 10 days pretty easily, and consider the itch scratched.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It will be 7 days of MoP, I'm not sure if they give you full access though.. I think it stops you from actually hitting level 86 unless they changed that at some point.
It's moreso for making a monk and dicking around for awhile

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone able to link me some information and breakdown on iLvl requirements to do certain raids?

Like ToT is 480 and drops 502 ilvl gear
SoO is 496/528

These are for LFR. What are the requirements/drop ilvl for Flex, normal/heroic? I'm up to 515 on my Holy Paladin, and trying to map out next steps.

btw still searching for that guild that raids 9:30pm-12am PST. haha

Bruman

Golden Squire
It will be 7 days of MoP, I'm not sure if they give you full access though.. I think it stops you from actually hitting level 86 unless they changed that at some point.
It's moreso for making a monk and dicking around for awhile
Some better googling than what I had failed at earlier brought me to this:Mists of Pandaria Trial - Battle.net Support

Seems you're right. That's terrible, oh well. I have a scroll of resurrection someone randomly sent me too, maybe that'll work.

Crone

2 seconds to google brah

Raid Finder - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft

2 more seconds for flex

Flexible Raid - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft

"iLvl" on the charts is what is required. I guess it doesn't really say the drops though.

ToT LFR drops : 502
SoO LFR drops: 528
SoO Flex drops: 540
lol. Thanks brah. At work, and couldn't do that at the moment. Should have just waited until I could use my phone to Google. I do appreciate it though.

Wait.. so SoO flex requires ilvl 540, but also drops ilvl 540? how does that make any sense.

Therefore normal raids must require less? Normal 10, then flex, then heroic is the progression?

This is why I asked the question. I don't know how to progress now that I'm nearing the top of the LFR gear.

Needless

Toe Sucker
lol. Thanks brah. At work, and couldn't do that at the moment. Should have just waited until I could use my phone to Google. I do appreciate it though.
Ahh, in that case;

LFR ilevel requirements:

ToT: 480
SoO: 496

Flex:

Vale of Eternal Sorrows requires a minimum item level of 510.
Gates of Retribution requires a minimum item level of 517.
The Underhold requires a minimum item level of 524.
Downfall requires a minimum item level of 531.

Crone

Ahh, in that case;

LFR ilevel requirements:

ToT: 480
SoO: 496

Flex:

Vale of Eternal Sorrows requires a minimum item level of 510.
Gates of Retribution requires a minimum item level of 517.
The Underhold requires a minimum item level of 524.
Downfall requires a minimum item level of 531.
And you just answered my question I had edited in. Thanks a lot! you rock!

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I found Paladin had like 3 buttons to press in any spec, and then 1-2 cds
And that's probably why you were bad at it. Also LOL at all this "monk tanks are super hard guiz, so much harder than all the other tank classes, i'm a pro!" bullshit.

Monk tanking is just as retardedly easy as every other fucking tank class. All tanks can get shit on. It's not about the "class" it's about knowing when to use your cooldowns and not be a moron. Monks just happen to do the most DPS right now because their vengeance his higher due to the nature of how they take (read: stagger) damage.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Reducing the amount of abilities will go a long way to making other abilities more powerful and more impactful (this more enjoyable). I would play WOW again if they reducded rotations down to a few abilities that you can press when shit is needed or opportunities present themselves. Tanking already does this to some degree from what I understand and healing almost always did.

Crone

So after considering leveling up a new melee DPS character, I think I'm just going to go with a Hunter. I've never leveled one up, despite it being easy, and I prefer ranged DPS, and the current batch of raids really does favor ranged dps versus melee.

May the herpa derp commence as I faceroll to 90! lol

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Hunters are just champs, you can't go wrong. You can solo old shit, you can kill current shit, you can look p cool, and the dps 'rotation' at 90 is pretty fun/not too complicated.

Orcus_sl

shitlord
Just hit 90 on my second warlock. I will have a green dreadsteed, oh yes I will.

The new AV is pretty fun. Seems a lot more violent, towers burn quicker. I guess defending Bal and Galv is a thing that works again.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hunters are just champs, you can't go wrong. You can solo old shit, you can kill current shit, you can look p cool, and the dps 'rotation' at 90 is pretty fun/not too complicated.
How would you rate vs. a mage playstyle? I dusted off my mage for a bit yesterday and it was fun, but lacks in the ability to solo well in timeless isle. That is kind of my benchmark for being able to solo in general. Normal soloing mage can tear things up, but pretty much any class can do that now.

Hunter seems to be the better pvp choice as well so I am trying to figure out which to run.

I can't decide if I should level up a hunter for ranged DPS purposes or just suck it up and play the mage.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Timeless is pretty easy to solo on a Mage once you are in full Timeless gear. Before that it's more kiting and relying on burst. Having the 3 buffs makes things even easier because they seem to have an absurd proc rate.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone able to link me some information and breakdown on iLvl requirements to do certain raids?

Like ToT is 480 and drops 502 ilvl gear
SoO is 496/528

These are for LFR. What are the requirements/drop ilvl for Flex, normal/heroic? I'm up to 515 on my Holy Paladin, and trying to map out next steps.

btw still searching for that guild that raids 9:30pm-12am PST. haha
I started doing Flex at 490 iLvL. How did I do this? I formed the raids myself (healer) and stacked it to make up for my lack of stats (not skill). OpenRaid and OQ are great resources, however OQ has been borked since the last patch.

This drastically expedites the gearing up process, since LFR drop rates can be frustratingly low and LFR sucks in general. If you suck, I wouldn't suggest this route, since it will quickly become obvious you're getting carried, but if you're good enough, you can hide in the raid.

This week I cleared all LFR raids, ToT 10, Flex 1 & 2 and went from 490 ilvl to 526. I've had a bit of trouble with Flex 3, however, but ironically enough it's been due to melee not helping with puddles on Malk and not my healing, ha.

Crone

Timeless is pretty easy to solo on a Mage once you are in full Timeless gear. Before that it's more kiting and relying on burst. Having the 3 buffs makes things even easier because they seem to have an absurd proc rate.
Timeless on a Mage is something I've experienced recently, and I was glad to be done farming the boxes and get into a raid setting with my Mage.

It's for sure doable, but there is more kiting involved, and bursting down adds. My gripe would be I'd feel just overwhelmed, and had no way to deal with it. Multiple tigers, or the ghosts around those houses that have a lot of moss covered chests in them. Like dang, get 2-3 adds, and just run out of juice. Was annoying.
frown.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah for sure. I am probably around ilevel 530 now and I can take 3 mobs at once without a problem, but when I was just gearing up it was nearly impossible especially with a shit weapon. Hunter will have a much easier time.

Crone

I started doing Flex at 490 iLvL. How did I do this? I formed the raids myself (healer) and stacked it to make up for my lack of stats (not skill). OpenRaid and OQ are great resources, however OQ has been borked since the last patch.

This drastically expedites the gearing up process, since LFR drop rates can be frustratingly low and LFR sucks in general. If you suck, I wouldn't suggest this route, since it will quickly become obvious you're getting carried, but if you're good enough, you can hide in the raid.

Thus far I've cleared ToT 10 and Flex 1 & 2 and went from 490 ilvl to 526 in a week. I've had a bit of trouble with Flex 3, however, but ironically enough it's been due to melee not helping with puddles on Malk and not my healing, ha.
Ohh, nice. I'm 515 ilvl currently, so I actually qualify for some of the Flex's already. Flex 1 & 2 at least.

I'm going to post up on my server (Hyjal) forums, and see if anyone else wants to get a Flex group going for late night. Otherwise just start getting people out of Trade channel.

Edit: Oops, responding to your edits... so I was doing OQ, and apparently a new version has been released, but since it's not on Curse anymore, people don't know yet there is a new version, so without the people using it, it doesn't work. Probably get back up to speed soon, I hope.

As for OpenRaid, I verified and confirmed my character, but it was never listing anything under "QuickRaid". Is this because my iLvl wasn't high enough?