World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most people will be asking for 570+ with cloak and heroic garrosh achievement for flex 1.
WTF kind of bullshit is that for just Flex 1? The requirement as posted above is like 510?

People be dumb. I suppose it's the way it's always been though. People don't want to carry anyone, and to hell if your raid is going to be the one that isn't completely over-geared for the content.

kudos

<Banned>
People don't want to carry anyone because everyone else wants to be carried. It's hilariously stupid but that's the average gamer for you.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
WTF kind of bullshit is that for just Flex 1? The requirement as posted above is like 510?

People be dumb. I suppose it's the way it's always been though. People don't want to carry anyone, and to hell if your raid is going to be the one that isn't completely over-geared for the content.
He's exaggerating, but not by much.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I decided I am going to level a hunter when I am not raiding on my druid. So far, I really enjoy healing in a raid. I can make mistakes and there is more than one other person that can cover. Still working on rotation and mana management. I did Vale of Eternal Sorrow last week with 3.5k spirit. That was a bad choice. I immediately went to Vale and reforged all the spirit I could into around 6.5k and I use the 1000 spirit elixir. That allowed me to fully run SoO without being completely terrible. I had fantastic luck for gear in the runs. Ended up leaving with a Horned Mace of the Old Ones / Juggernaut's Power Core / Set Shoulders. Did ToT just for sigils and got a 502 helm as well. Basically went from ilvl 460something to 510 in a single day. When it was all said and done I have 9.5 spirit unbuffed and plenty of 1k spirit potions.

I am just spam running heroics on the DK right now so that I can try and kit my hunter out with heirlooms. It will also help be grind out the 3k valor to try and get to the next quest point on the cloak. Hopefully it will translate into a great time saving from the bonus xp from the gear on the hunter.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
How would you rate vs. a mage playstyle? I dusted off my mage for a bit yesterday and it was fun, but lacks in the ability to solo well in timeless isle. That is kind of my benchmark for being able to solo in general. Normal soloing mage can tear things up, but pretty much any class can do that now.

Hunter seems to be the better pvp choice as well so I am trying to figure out which to run.

I can't decide if I should level up a hunter for ranged DPS purposes or just suck it up and play the mage.
Hunter is infinitely more fun in every way.

Also, oQueue isn't broken, you gotta download the new version fromhttp://solidice.com/oqueue/

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
13% blackfuse wipes...I have never wanted to get a boss down and never do it again more than this one.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
He is talking about heroic, it is a huge difficulty jump.
lol yea. The jump from heroic thokk to blackfuse is so bad it's funny. After about 210 wipes we finally came up with a strat that works best for us, and have him down to 13% after 2 nights of it. There's like 3 things that keep fucking us, and they always rotate. One wipe will be a belt fuck up, next will be a tank dying to some random bullshit like our cloak proccing from overload damage or some other faggoty RNG (use the cloak proc to get one of the 7 stacks, shit hits for a million at that point). If it's not those 2 it's our disc priest getting killed from a sawblade because he doesn't know how to look behind his character.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As a tank, I found the Blackfuse Shenanigans incredibly fun. So many stacks, so much vengeance, so much implosions. I can understand why everyone else hates it though
smile.png

I still don't understand how the hunter in our raid group, of all people, is the one who dies constantly from standing in shit.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a tank, I found the Blackfuse Shenanigans incredibly fun. So many stacks, so much vengeance, so much implosions. I can understand why everyone else hates it though
smile.png

I still don't understand how the hunter in our raid group, of all people, is the one who dies constantly from standing in shit.
Oh it's fun as a tank (the frustrating part comes from everyone else dying). I'm doing 350-400k dps and 30-40 million more than the top dps. It just sucks wiping 200 times, and sucks even more that 200 wipes is almost mandatory for this fucker.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My favorite thing to do as a hunter is jog circles around the arcane mage turreting in his Fuck You rune. Hell I run and jump all over the place while threading my way through other ranged without getting close enough to stack up any bad effects. My favorite meter isn't DPS, it's being at the bottom of "damage taken."

And yes, I'm masturbating furiously throughout. Because fuck being unable to move without fucking your dps.

(heroic progression mage PTSD so strong)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My favorite thing to do as a hunter is jog circles around the arcane mage turreting in his Fuck You rune. Hell I run and jump all over the place while threading my way through other ranged without getting close enough to stack up any bad effects. My favorite meter isn't DPS, it's being at the bottom of "damage taken."

And yes, I'm masturbating furiously throughout. Because fuck being unable to move without fucking your dps.

(heroic progression mage PTSD so strong)
LOL every word of this is true.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Mage has got to be the worst class in the game right now. Or maybe it's a toss up between mage and rogue, pure dps that is boring to play. It's a shame because my mage is probably my oldest character but the thought of playing it makes me want to blow my brains out, it's so far behind hunter and warlock in not being complete garbage

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember back when the original AV hit and arcane mages were the shit. Especially them little gnome fuckers you could nto target. They would all jump around a GY you were trying to take over and take out a dozen players at a time. Ahh the good ole days.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. I'm starting to decide against rolling my rogue as my main in Warlords now. I get bored of him incredibly fast :\
ungay ret pallys so i can go back to doing ret/holy or ret/prot like back in early wotlk~

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
While I hate the long queue times, and being just one of many others, I think I figured out kind of why I like DPS so much more than Tanking or Healing.

DPS has so much more to do in fights! There are a few fights that have some tank switches, or maybe the healers have to heal blobs or something instead of other players as part of the mechanics, but for the most part, it's the DPS that get to do the cool shit in a fight.

This came to light more so last night when doing LFR SoO Downfall. Of course DPSing the correct target on Blackfuse makes a huge difference. Not being stupid and DPSing the correct Klaxxi makes a difference, and then my group wiped like 5 times on Garrosh, and a few of those were to a bad engineer killer. Again, DPS important.

This small subset of fights of course is not representative of the entire raiding scene, and I think many could argue quite well that tanks or healers make a much bigger difference in terms of a raid encounters success of wipe, but I was just feeling a bit meh last night on my Holy healer.

Can't wait to level up my Hunter to 90 over the next week or so.