World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When should I get rid of my starter pet, and move on to other pets? I assume at some point? Or can I just level all the way up to 90 with this, and then worry about different pets later? Do they really make that much of a difference?

Sterling

El Presidente
They've pretty much been normalized by spec. So can mostly just get a tank pet and a dps pet etc for leveling then you can get into wanting specific ones later on.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I was Hunter noob the first time I played one. Didn't understand why my pet was dead 3 seconds after every pull until the tank was losing his shit on me in chat.

With my Monk even as a level 87 now doing dungeons I'm still not running that shit in terms of being a leader and controlling every pull. 9/10 it's some level 90 DPS with 560ilvl running his 85 buddy through there and just steamrolling shit. I'm not learning the proper fight tactics, placement, movement mechanics, it's just pull->kill in 5 seconds. No bullshit I didn't even know the Sha of Doubt had a second phase until my 10th run through there.

I'm utterly fucking convinced that I'm going to be 90 leading a 25 man heroic SoO going "Through no fault of my own I've always been pulled through shit. If you would please explain my role in every fight in here that would be great."

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I was Hunter noob the first time I played one. Didn't understand why my pet was dead 3 seconds after every pull until the tank was losing his shit on me in chat.

With my Monk even as a level 87 now doing dungeons I'm still not running that shit in terms of being a leader and controlling every pull. 9/10 it's some level 90 DPS with 560ilvl running his 85 buddy through there and just steamrolling shit. I'm not learning the proper fight tactics, placement, movement mechanics, it's just pull->kill in 5 seconds. I'm utterly fucking convinced that I'm going to be 90 leading a 25 man heroic SoO going "Through no fault of my own I've always been pulled through shit. If you would please explain my role in every fight in here that would be great."
Say it up front, and most people understand and don't mind waiting. Basically, tanks are so rare, and it's either let you figure out the fights, or they wait 45 minutes for a new tank. Most will choose to give you a few minutes to learn the fights. lol.

But the shit's easy, and can easily bring up some guides online for it. Joystiq has 5 second guides to LFRs for TOT and SoO. As a DPS or healer, worked well to understand at least a little bit of wtf was going on. lol

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I swear OQ is totally dead since it was updated. Is it just morons that don't know they need to update or something not working?
I thought it was just me last night. I tried to join 3 different groups. The first two would get the invite and then it would instantly go away and I wouldn't be in the group. The third one was fine so I assumed the other groups hadn't updated.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hunter Pet names are so handy. For the same reason why there should be no name filter.

It's such a time-saver to just /ignore any requests from people with a pets named Rapemachine/Dildosoreass/lolcat/--Aamina.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Asking 4 others to use LoS and pull all mobs near was too much to comprehend, that's why it was hard. It certainly was the last attempt at being challenging, with Cata being... meh loevel of challenge even with blue gear.
Yes, there are always those that find content difficult enough.
LoS pulling in HoR was for wimps and cowards. Tank all the things!
cool.png

velael_sl

shitlord
The only thing I want to do as a DPS is run pac man on Sha. Im not jelly about anything else a DPS does atm.
We combined 2 of our 10m teams to start raiding 25m in preparation for WoD ... which means we have extra tanks, so a couple went DPS. First time on Sha and one of the tanks get sent to pac-man and you hear in TS "OMG YES PAC-MAN FUCK YEAH AWESOME" ... followed almost immediately by "Can someone rez him?". Was hilarious.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I swear OQ is totally dead since it was updated. Is it just morons that don't know they need to update or something not working?
Possibly related, battletags and Battlenet in general have been acting fucky for me the past few days. I randomly get 'you have been disconnected from Battlenet' and all my realID friends disappear, then show up again for no apparent reason later.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Say it up front, and most people understand and don't mind waiting. Basically, tanks are so rare, and it's either let you figure out the fights, or they wait 45 minutes for a new tank. Most will choose to give you a few minutes to learn the fights. lol.

But the shit's easy, and can easily bring up some guides online for it. Joystiq has 5 second guides to LFRs for TOT and SoO. As a DPS or healer, worked well to understand at least a little bit of wtf was going on. lol
So far Taran Zhu from the Shado-Pan Monastery was the first "ok this is fucking hard" tanking experience I've had, took about 5 times before I had it down. I feel like I'm fucking up if I'm not always within 3 feet of the boss and for that one you have to just run away sometimes.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Defile
Replaces Death and Decay
Lasts 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
Deals damage to all enemies standing in it. Damage and area increase by 5% every time it deals damage, maximum of 3 times per second.
Enemies standing in your Defile deal 10% less damage to you.

Necrotic Plague
Replaces Frost Fever and Blood Plague
When Necrotic Plague deals damage it spreads itself to nearby targets and gains a stack. Maximum of 15 stacks.
You gain 5 Runic Power when an enemy with Necrotic Plague deals damage to you.

Breath of Sindragosa
Consumes Runic Power to continuously deal damage to all enemies in front of you. Enemies damaged by this breath are Marked. Targets with the Mark of Sindragosa deal 5% less magical damage to you.
Mandatory macro for the last one: "Suffer mortals, as your pathetic magic BETRAAaaaaaAAAAaaaAAYYYSSS YOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!"

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sons of bitches taking my Healing Sphere, how am I supposed to solo H. Immerseus now!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The average persons iLVL flies by Heroic Dungeons so fast now that I wouldnt even worry about that shit. Hell, I dont even care if Im standing in puddles anymore. My regular rotation heals me for more than what puddles and all mobs are doing in damage to me. Dungeons and Scenarios are great for farming Valor, but they are just laughably easy now. Challenge Modes are fun for all of five minutes while you get your chievs and then forget they even exist. (Monks Transmog armor is the probably the ugliest damn armor Ive ever seen. Looks like a high res armor set from Betrayal of Antara.)

Trust me, you'll learn the raids way before you get into Heroics lol. It took me weeks to go from 548ish to 560ish. It seems like I only ever seen an ilvl point movement when I get a Warforged Heroic piece of gear now. Man... when you get that 580 in a slot and know its BiS till next content patch? I get all warm and fuzzy.

Sons of bitches taking my Healing Sphere, how am I supposed to solo H. Immerseus now!
wait, what?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Healing spheres were kinda cool because they reminded me of the TERA heal mechanics. They also healed for a fuckload when I had massive vengeance stacks.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
wait, what?
High Crit %, High Vengeance, cast-able on the move with a huge mobility class, ability to set them up ahead of time, as a Brewmaster Tank I heal the green blobs faster and more efficiently than many healers. Properly aimed/timed Chi Burst, Targeted Expulsion, Healing Spheres, hooooooooooooo.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
High Crit %, High Vengeance, cast-able on the move with a huge mobility class, ability to set them up ahead of time, as a Brewmaster Tank I heal the green blobs faster and more efficiently than many healers. Properly aimed/timed Chi Burst, Targeted Expulsion, Healing Spheres, hooooooooooooo.
Mind blown. Up until now, I never helped heal the blobs on Immerseus!

Maul

Dental Dammer
So far Taran Zhu from the Shado-Pan Monastery was the first "ok this is fucking hard" tanking experience I've had, took about 5 times before I had it down. I feel like I'm fucking up if I'm not always within 3 feet of the boss and for that one you have to just run away sometimes.
Do you have some kind of learning disability?