World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vedette

<Donor>
The court of public opinion already had these guys tried shown guilty and hung a few days ago when this shit all started.

Alex is not on trial, Blizzard is for the culture they harbored in their offices, which I can safely say is pretty fucking abhorrent. Dont hate the playa, hate the game. All these dudes were doing is playing within the arena that they were given acess to, like all you fucking simps would be doing anything different then and there. Literal rock stars of blizzard at a convention. Spare me the fuckiing blue tears.

At the end of the day this is a failure of HR, and Morhaime if he knew anything. Even if HR was doing the worst job ever: hiding all of this while telling the women to go make a sandwich. I find it hard to believe that he wasn't CC'd by a disgruntled employee in one of these situations.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From my experience, most of that shit is drama and I really just want to do my job and get tf away from work. Anytime its put in my lap, I end up going through the whole situation only to find its he said/she said. What am I suppose to do with that? I usually end up writing them both up. Not because Im taking one side or another, but because fault lies between both parties after the full story comes out. Issues that are clearly pointed out in the codes of conduct manual thats the size of a f'n law book that they have to sign to become employed.

We dont know the full story for this shit and thats where Im at personally. Im not going to judge anyone based off what he said / she said. This shit escaped outside of the company and now here we are, fully placing blame on the male of the situation which is where it always lands when looked upon broadly.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
here we are, fully placing blame on the male of the situation which is where it always lands when looked upon broadly.
No, we're placing blame on the company. I don't really care who did what. In the end, boys will be boys. But it's on the company that allowed a culture of boys acting like boys at one big long party instead of men acting like men at work.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was skeptical at first, and still am on a lot of it. Sadly though, the basics of it fit what little we know from the outside.

Blizzard has always been slow as fuck, and now we know it's because nobody was actually working rather than any particular dedication to quality.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Who wants to bet there was some kind of NDA surrounding Furor's release and Activision violated it by claiming they fired him over this?

If he was fired fired, then he probably didn't sign any. What leverage would they have? I could only see it if they offered him some type of severance to vacate.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Like to see someone that worked at SoE back in the day release a new you have 14 days meme stating Alex has 14 days till his life and career as he knows it is totally and forever done.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
News flash: most players are morons, or just oblivious.

This shit was wrong, and you know it. If that woman's story is true, Alex committed sexual assault. Period. Full stop. That's illegal everywhere. Blizzard fucked up because they knew about it and didn't put a stop to it.
What woman? What story? I don't have Twitter.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If he was fired fired, then he probably didn't sign any. What leverage would they have? I could only see it if they offered him some type of severance to vacate.
I'm guessing he wasn't actually fired fired but instead they 'amicably parted ways' in hopes of keeping things as quiet as possible, not expecting everything to go nuclear half a year later.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Dont worry, with these kinds of people soon to be at the helm at Blizzard the company will be in good hands.

• 9Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Perfect example of what happened to Blizzard...

E7ZqvOYVkAIX14m.jpg

• 6Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well said. To be clear, I believe these should all be taken seriously and handled appropriately and in cases where bona fide shit went down, there has to be consequences.
And in cases where it's made up the accuser should also face severe consequences.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some of yall (Mkopec) have just straight up let the culture war destroy your brains if you sincerely think Alex dindu nuffin.

• 7Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 7 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Some of yall (Mkopec) have just straight up let the culture war destroy your brains if you sincerely think Alex dindu nuffin.
Never said he dindu muffins. But some tweets of some dumb ass stories and all one sided does not make proof. So yeah lets all hang these dudes, obviously twitter has spoken.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user