World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Wow, the incels are really showing themselves in this thread.

You don't write something like that to someone you work with. That guy is clearly a psychotic stalker-type.
Do you actually believe every Male is some well rounded creature of the game especially in tech jobs? I used to work with a guy who went on a date with an intern at one of my first IT jobs. Mind you this guy was a very smart individual, and the girl was gorgeous. I tended to come to work later than anyone else because I just don't do mornings. Anyways they went on their date and I came into work around 10:30AM the next day. I asked him how it went and he said great, and that he had sent her an email. I said oh really? What did the email say? and he told me that he really really liked her and just couldn't linger and needed to know how she felt. I told him he royally fucked up and had no chance now.

Now I never saw this email, but she politely told him they could be "friends" which means get fucked in female speak. I only write this because there are a plethora of socially awkward men who genuinely like these women that receive the awkward letters/emails. The only women who likely haven't had some sort of embarrassing letter like this handed to them are ugly, or do not associate with many men.

Cybsled

You don't write something like that to someone you work with. That guy is clearly a psychotic stalker-type.

Alternate take: socially awkward people can feel like they are more eloquent and can communicate better in a letter vs trying to do it in front of their object of affection.

Yes, it can come across as creepy, but in the persons mind they probably find it less creepy than trying to put together a cohesive statement in front of that person while at the same time probably suffering from the mother of all anxiety attacks

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Alternate take: socially awkward people can feel like they are more eloquent and can communicate better in a letter vs trying to do it in front of their object of affection.

Yes, it can come across as creepy, but in the persons mind they probably find it less creepy than trying to put together a cohesive statement in front of that person while at the same time probably suffering from the mother of all anxiety attacks
Don't do that shit at work if you want to keep your job.

How hard is that?

• 4Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But I don't see anyone but my workmates while working 80 hour shifts at sub-industry-standard pay for the privilege of making video games, Mist!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck that letter is cringey as fuck. If my buddy came to me and said he was thinking of sending that, I'd tell him to quit being a fag and link him this song..

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The note was creepy and if was just that, throw it in the trash and move on. You don't keep it for years.

If the other stuff in that tweet was true, the the dude was reaching stalker/obsessive behavior(aka even more creepy). Worse she accuses he threatened murder on a BF because he was dating the current focus of his obsession among other stalkerish things. Yet does nothing about it. You can get temporary restraining orders pretty easily iirc which can lead to a permanent one with evidence.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
we just wanted good games but now all we have are dorks tweeting shit about other dorks from 10+ years ago in an attempt to get some spotlight

this sucks.

it's all gradeschool shit which it seems none of the people involved have ever graduated past

• 3Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Yep, they're on the opposite side of the pendulum swing when it comes to the 'believe all women' movement with this harassment stuff.

Still playing TBC, don't really care about all this drama(yet here I am), but feel for the people expecting support for Shadowlands.

• 1Moron

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
I ninja transferred from FoH in TBC after riding coattails to a bunch of loot. Alex put a permanent -15% damage penalty on my account and Lori sent threats via emails + handwritten letters to the P.O. box listed on my account. Who's dick do I suck to get added to this lawsuit? See y'all in the post-subpoena docs from this forum btw. Common knowledge Alex has been posting here the whole time.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, they're on the opposite side of the pendulum swing when it comes to the 'believe all women' movement with this harassment stuff.

Still playing TBC, don't really care about all this drama(yet here I am), but feel for the people expecting support for Shadowlands.

I mean I believe it happened, but ... WHO GIVES A FUCK. Like this is what is giving these people trauma for years on end? People are saving letters like this for decades? Who fucking cares. Throw it in the trash and move on.

"IT SHOULDNT HAPPEN AT WORK THO!!!!!@#@!"

Have you actually never had a relationship develop at work before? Half my friends have dated/married people they met at work, you can't just turn your brain off when you're with people more than your own friends/family at a place of work. Life happens. Attraction happens. Its fucking normal. So is saying "sorry not interested, also you're being fucking creepy". Done.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I just know I should have bugged him on battle.net more. Now I want to keep him on there incase he magically reappears.

1627611872699.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't do that shit at work if you want to keep your job.

How hard is that?

The rules have changed so much that even a good fart will get you fired.

Cancel culture has gotten out of control. The new communists are woke corporations and their need to please the idiot herd. No matter how pathetic the cows truly are.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You really think that cancel culture is a good thing? Sad. It must suck to have no sense of humor.
"Don't give creepy stalker love-notes to your coworkers" is not cancel culture.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Don't give creepy stalker love-notes to your coworkers" is not cancel culture.

A love struck kid said something stupid and now you want to ruin his life. Yes, you have no sense of humor.

Kids make mistakes, you have to let them do it and give them the room to breath. A little understanding goes a long ways towards making people better human beings. We aren't born perfect, knowing all of the rules (that change every day).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A love struck kid said something stupid and now you want to ruin his life. Yes, you have no sense of humor.

Kids make mistakes, you have to let them do it and give them the room to breath. A little understanding goes a long ways towards making people better human beings. We aren't born perfect, knowing all of the rules (that change every day).
That note is not just 'some love struck kid'.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users