World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A love struck kid said something stupid and now you want to ruin his life. Yes, you have no sense of humor.

Kids make mistakes, you have to let them do it and give them the room to breath. A little understanding goes a long ways towards making people better human beings. We aren't born perfect, knowing all of the rules (that change every day).

Kid? She said a "over a decade older then me", so if she is 18 at minimum(god I hope so at least) hes 28 at minimum. Most likely in the 30s. That's not a kid.

That's a grown man being creepy. Nothing to ruin his life about, if it was just the note. Go read the rest of that tweet. If the other stuff is true, then he is especially creepy.

I agree cancel culture is stupid. Worse when actions and lives are ruined just from accusations. But if there is proof and evidence, then they deserve to go down.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That note is not just 'some love struck kid'.

Yeah, My age is showing. Most people are kids to me now. Everyone makes mistakes, all through life. Hopefully, we keep growing and learning from them.

But that can't happen when woke fascists are hell bent on ruining everything that makes us human.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yeah, My age is showing. Most people are kids to me now. Everyone makes mistakes, all through life. Hopefully, we keep growing and learning from them.

But that can't happen when woke fascists are hell bent on ruining everything that makes us human.

You wrote one of these notes, didn't you?

• 3Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That jsut shows you how pathetic and vindictive that bitch is. Keeping that shit for 15 fucking yers is pretty cringe too.

Also Mist, STFU. Werent you afraid to leave the fucking house because of rape culture?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

You're right, it's not worth ruining someone's life over. No one is really advocating for ruining any individuals' lives over the shit that happened at Blizzard.

They're advocating holding the company accountable for creating an atmosphere where all this crazy behavior towards young women was allowed and never actioned.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Moron

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That jsut shows you how pathetic and vindictive that bitch is. Keeping that shit for 15 fucking yers is pretty cringe too.

Also Mist, STFU. Werent you afraid to leave the fucking house because of rape culture?

And yes keeping the note from someone you admit you were angry with and didn't like for years? Why? Future blackmail?Pass it around at work to embarrass? Any rational person just throws it in the trash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You wrote one of these notes, didn't you?
Lol. No. But I do remember pounding on my ex's door one night, while she was seeing her new boyfriend.

It was a stupid thing to do. She came out and talked to me calmly and I went home with my tail between my legs. I got over her soon after that, and moved on with my life. A little wiser.

In today's world that common mistake would be blown all out of proportion. While in reality it was just a love struck kid who couldn't comprehend what was going on, and just needed a little time to come to grips with life's little challenges.

We all make mistakes. We shouldn't be persecuted for life for actions that have no consequence other than to hurt someone's pathetic feelings.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow, the incels are really showing themselves in this thread.

You don't write something like that to someone you work with. That guy is clearly a psychotic stalker-type.
Well sure, but how long did she keep that letter around? If she felt threatened by him, go to the police and the matter would be ended immediately, but apparently she didn't, but she kept the letter to post up on Twitter now? Yikes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean I believe it happened, but ... WHO GIVES A FUCK. Like this is what is giving these people trauma for years on end? People are saving letters like this for decades? Who fucking cares. Throw it in the trash and move on.

"IT SHOULDNT HAPPEN AT WORK THO!!!!!@#@!"

Have you actually never had a relationship develop at work before? Half my friends have dated/married people they met at work, you can't just turn your brain off when you're with people more than your own friends/family at a place of work. Life happens. Attraction happens. Its fucking normal. So is saying "sorry not interested, also you're being fucking creepy". Done.
You're asking -Mist- that question.

• 1Worf

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The sad thing is they are really selling Alex as the Weinstein of Video Games.

I don’t think he was drugging chicks, or raping them. I don’t think he was exchanging power and influence favors for sex. It’s likely he’s a single dude who lives like a playboy and crossed some lines. the dude likely deserved to be fired (I am not privy to all the details), but they are destroying him publicly.

Now unless there is actual evidence of crimes, or sexual harassment, he’s simply guilty of being horny. To be clear, sexual harassment shouldn’t be some dude saying he wants to marry you or asking you out.

Regret =! Harrassment. If you went to the Cosby suite and willingly slept with (or other intimate things) Alex, that’s not assault…unless you actually said No, and clearly defined a boundary that he crossed.

Cosby thing optics are real bad, and while I’m sure it’s tongue in cheek (I highly doubt they were advocating/practicing roofies and sex) , it’s just gives tons of ammo to accusations. It now gives every single blue hair support to say anything.

Was there real sexual harassment? Who the hell knows. The State of California might have something. But the world is reacting to the optics, which to my eyes seem like some bad judgement, immaturity, and bad taste. Again though, I’m only speaking about Alex.

As to women being paid fairly, promotions, and that bullshit, another story.

That said, this absolutely is the woke apocalypse. You better fit neatly in the letters LGBTQ or identity as something other than White and Male.

Lastly, the whole “believe victims“ nonsense. Heres a simple answer. No. I’ll take your accusation seriously, and want to see evidence or proof and understand a situation before I blindly believe anyone. But I’m not taking anyone’s word just because your a victim or your a woman (Or a man).

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're right, it's not worth ruining someone's life over. No one is really advocating for ruining any individuals' lives over the shit that happened at Blizzard.

They're advocating holding the company accountable for creating an atmosphere where all this crazy behavior towards young women was allowed and never actioned.
This brings up a good question. What are your limits for what needs to be "actioned" as you put it. What is harassment, in your view? We know that to the woke crowd, harassment can be anything they want it to be at any time, and to the more sane people of the world such a broad definition is enraging.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider

That Blizzard, in any meaningful sense, has been gone for years. Activision stalled on stomping out their culture out of fear of killing the goose. Can't think of companies doing anything much worse than that over the last decade?

What is all this teeth gnashing, over allegedly hurt feelings from ten years ago, supposed to accomplish? A wrist slap for Activision? A more female friendly Blizzard? Whatever form Bliz takes (which has already been heavily feminized,) is going to be completely dismantled in short order. Talent's dried up, they haven't made good games or even good content for old ones in a long time, and what was left of the brand is now ruined.

They don't care about the company, it's about cultural revolution.

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I ninja transferred from FoH in TBC after riding coattails to a bunch of loot. Alex put a permanent -15% damage penalty on my account and Lori sent threats via emails + handwritten letters to the P.O. box listed on my account. Who's dick do I suck to get added to this lawsuit? See y'all in the post-subpoena docs from this forum btw. Common knowledge Alex has been posting here the whole time.

I can't wait to see this quoted as an absolute truth in the next Kotaku article.
Shit, I have an aching to post this on reddit myself. just to speed things up and for the lols

what I want to know is that have Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule or the LLC been contacted by "media" for a comment yet?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It’s likely he’s a single dude who lives like a playboy and crossed some lines.
He wasn't single. And while it certainly doesn't excuse the bullshit she got caught doing, he probably had a heavy hand in driving her to it.

• 1Picard

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't forget part of this gigantic shitstorm is spurred by WoW current state. If we had a great expansion instead of BFA 2.0 with content drought a lot of this would have been mostly background noise. Most WoW content creators figured another content drought is ahead and since 9.1 content is mostly done for them content wise, they're going hardcore on what's currently going on. And a lot of players are concerning themselves with it because they'not busy enjoying the game.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
I ninja transferred from FoH in TBC after riding coattails to a bunch of loot. Alex put a permanent -15% damage penalty on my account and Lori sent threats via emails + handwritten letters to the P.O. box listed on my account. Who's dick do I suck to get added to this lawsuit? See y'all in the post-subpoena docs from this forum btw. Common knowledge Alex has been posting here the whole time.
The upside? Someone is going to step forward and accuse Alex of rape, and he'll spend years and $$ defending himself and could wind up in jail.

Lori? She's a ragged out hooker who sucks shitcock for a fiver in a no tell motel for a living. Keep in mind, Lori used to lecture people here on the importance of personal cleanliness.

I guess this pic is several years old now. Hard to imagine, but it is likely she looks worse than this now.
ert.jpg

That emotion you are feeling right now? The Germans call it schadenfreude. Here's what it tastes like. Enjoy your meal.
delicious-hamburger-with-cheese.jpg

Cybsled

Don't forget part of this gigantic shitstorm is spurred by WoW current state. If we had a great expansion instead of BFA 2.0 with content drought a lot of this would have been mostly background noise. Most WoW content creators figured another content drought is ahead and since 9.1 content is mostly done for them content wise, they're going hardcore on what's currently going on. And a lot of players are concerning themselves with it because they'not busy enjoying the game.
If the current game was still AAA, and the accused devs were still on staff, you would probably see tons of the fanbase running interference because their main priority would be preserving the quality of the game.

The game has been doo-doo for a number of years now, so you have an apathetic fanbase who now latches onto this whole fiasco as an explanation as to why the quality of the game sucks now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lori is not even the saddest part in all of this, imo. Raiding is fucking dead and Furor just fucks off to Hawaii never once having to repent or otherwise atone for badges. Unbelievable ending to the greatest genre of gaming.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

RIP Bellular. I guess it's back making some game in his failed game studio for him.

• 1Like