World of Warcraft: Current Year

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Alright, I got my Paladin up to 90 on Friday and started in on the Timeless Isles. I'm still in the process of getting a set of gear and properly enchanting/gemming it and I don't know what to do with the Burdens of Eternity that I've found. Is there a default best slot to use them on?
Rings or bracers as they seem to get replaced less than anything else. Some people will claim neck but you can get a 522 neck with valor so fuck that noise.

For the love of God don't do it on your chest, head, or legs. Your first tier pieces are going to come quick once you start doing SoO in LFR.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Closed beta hasn't even started yet, a July release date seems a bit optimistic. I'd be surprised if it went live before September. Either way, I was bored to death of the current content by January and have been unsubbed since then, I don't even know how anybody will be able to last until whenever this drops.

kudos

<Banned>
How do these shit heads justify a $50 price tag for an expansion with:

• No new races
  • No new classes
  • $15/month sub fee

???

The character models had to be done just like in Cataclysm the world needed to be redone. It's a bullshit price for a late expansion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
First couple pages of that thread are overwhelmingly negative. When exactly does the dick riding start?

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Remember when everyone on FOH was saying that Blizzard wouldnevergive an advantage through RMTs? Remember when it so SURELY gonna be cosmetic items only? I remember the fucking retards that were saying that.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Remember when everyone on FOH was saying that Blizzard wouldnevergive an advantage through RMTs? Remember when it so SURELY gonna be cosmetic items only? I remember the fucking retards that were saying that.
So what you are saying is you already pre-ordered.

Rime

<Donor>
I am not sure how other guilds are handling it, but announcing that it will be out towards the end of December (but probably sooner, guiz!) really hit our numbers hard. Had two people outright quit, another two have grown quite flaky. Makes progressing through the last four bosses of SoO heroic painful =(

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Warlords of Draenor is expected to release on or before 12/20/2014
My battle.net euro site lists as "expected Fall 2014", and, well, Dec 20th is officially the last day of that season. Sounds like the usual US lawyertalk ("can't have unwarranted assumptions. What's the last day of autumn?")

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well of course it will hit raiding numbers hard. The knowledge that there is literally NOTHING new for at least 6 months and more likely 9 and even then it will be capped by the complete item reset that comes with each expansion means there is really no point to doing any raiding whatsoever. The usual summer raiding doldrums as people realize that the real world has sun and warmth and all that jazz will strike NOW rather than Memorial Day and then get progressively worse...and it should.

Blizzard isn't even pretending that there is any reason to stay subscribed to their game and there isn't a single gaming "journalist" with the balls to ask them the question. All the Polygon'a and IGNs and Kotakus can do is repost the "pre-order now" press release and slobber over the ActiBlizz ad revenue.

I would expect at least one of the so-called 'analysts' at Forbes or the WSJ who pretend to have prescient knowledge of the juggernaut that has become the gaming industry to voice some concern at the impact this might have on the ActiBlizz bottom line, but even they are all too busy talking about Titanfall to notice that ActiBlizz just shot their sacred cow in the head.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I canceled now too =/

I just dont know why they didn't leave the first and second tier of MOP open longer, they seemed like good interesting tiers, but giving them a lifespan of 4 months each and then giving SOO 3-4 times that seems insane.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Honestly what is the big deal with the level 90 boost? How many true noobs are there after 10 years? Most people I met used it for that one single class they never could be bothered to level. It's not that people ask what key to press to shoot their sword at the enemy.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly what is the big deal with the level 90 boost? How many true noobs are there after 10 years? Most people I met used it for that one single class they never could be bothered to level. It's not that people ask what key to press to shoot their sword at the enemy.
And honestly it doesn't even matter. The leveling game and end game are two completely different games, so any new person needs to completely learn it regardless. It'd be nice if they actually paced out the 60-80 game to be the same pace as 1-60 instead, but that would be a cost with no gains while this actually makes them money.

The release date does not worry me at all, although I'm a bit shocked they'd even flirt with the idea of going over a year with no new content. I agree with the assertion that they rushed the other raid tiers in this expansion too quickly and should have spaced them out more. However, I cannot believe I'm about to pay what I paid for the original game for an expansion. Especially since expansions have released with less content over time. I know inflation and all of that, but I guess it's more of the principle of the thing than anything. Here's to hoping this may have much more content, although I am not holding my breath.

bayr_sl

shitlord
This is a lesson on how to drop the ball. TESO and Wildstar set them up perfectly by both being disappointing piles of shit and then they go and make the expansion they desperately need overpriced and late. That's me done

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like the idea of the boost but I don't like the idea of it being purchasable 8-10 months out from the expansion.Thatfeels like a cash grab.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one actually thinks the 12/20/14 date is the launch date, right?

It's very clearly put there for legal reasons considering they can't sell something that has no release date.

The game will be released well before that. You can quote me on this.
You're probably right but its funny that they picked a somewhat specific date instead of the standard 12/31/14 which everyone else does when they know a game will come out this year but they don't have (or want to set) a firm release date.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Another thing that irks me is people that by the hard copy collectors editions have to wait until release to use their boost to 90. If anyone should be getting an extra bonus it should be the fucks that pay for the most expensive copy of the game. I guess you really must love artbooks and soundtracks.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Feels wholly mismanaged. I'll finish up a few things on alts then enjoy other games this year. No sweat off me on the launch date. They really need a 1-3 boss Halion esque raid zone now.

I have to think they somewhat think the D3 xpac will soften this blow. They commented once that D3 ate up a ton of wow subs.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
You're probably right but its funny that they picked a somewhat specific date instead of the standard 12/31/14 which everyone else does when they know a game will come out this year but they don't have (or want to set) a firm release date.
Because they can say release is Fall 2014 instead of Winter.

I think healer changes are shit, I don't want casting time and less mobility, fuck fuck fuck fuck. You have 14 days to revert that shit, if you won't... then I'll go play something else.
Jokes aside, they really think people will endure playing 1999 healers stuck in place turreting shit left and right? Good luck with that.