World of Warcraft: Current Year

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's not that I would do it for money
biggrin.png

I just enjoy speed levelling in WoW. It's almost like Diablo, you just kill hordes of stuff and don't even bother to loot most of the crap.
Corpses should have green/blue/purple sparklies if they have good shit on em.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've leveled a few level 90's recently, and they all come in right around 4 days played when they hit level 90. I'm sure I could do this faster if I wanted. 96 hours, or $60. Some might say the $60 is a damn cheap price.

kudos

<Banned>
This is the first mount that didn't require a faction grind, 1%> drop, or $25 in like ever dumbshit.

Why isn't my hearthsteed red, it's like mud colored + blue.
I almost choked while eating my lunch because of the hilarity of how inaccurate you are.

Cybsled

Kudos apparents fails to grasp the concept of cross marketing products. Allow me to explain!

Blizzard has Hearthstone, a f2p game with cash options for buying cards. Blizzard also has a MMO with millions of players. Many of those MMO players maybe don't care about Hearthstone, but they like awesome looking mounts, so they decide to play. Blizzard is hoping some of those people will end up liking Hearthstone and continue to play it, thus creating more potential customers.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to have to jump on Hearthstone during prime time tonight to see if I can get my last victory for the mount. I was doing pretty decent until all of the match ups started being like 4 ranks higher than me.

kudos

<Banned>
Kudos apparents fails to grasp the concept of cross marketing products. Allow me to explain!

Blizzard has Hearthstone, a f2p game with cash options for buying cards. Blizzard also has a MMO with millions of players. Many of those MMO players maybe don't care about Hearthstone, but they like awesome looking mounts, so they decide to play. Blizzard is hoping some of those people will end up liking Hearthstone and continue to play it, thus creating more potential customers.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
Cybsled apparently fails to grasp how to stay on topic. There are far more numerous ways to acquire a mount these days than what he listed - far easier ways at that.

Cybsled

Cybsled apparently fails to grasp how to stay on topic. There are far more numerous ways to acquire a mount these days than what he listed - far easier ways at that.
I was replying more to your "candy mount" comment.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Complaining about mounts seems a little trivial... I mean seriously your first mount in Vanilla cost you what? 100 gold?

Crone

For pets, I can understand it a little better, but for mounts, I don't get the collectors drive for them. It bugged the shit out of me to see all the fools lining up to show off their WoD pre-order mounts in Org. Woo, you spent money. Same for any mount they have on the Blizzard store.

Now a whole group of people showing off their bear mounts from the old school ZA Timed runs? Now that's something. Or the mounts from raid achievements, or other holiday festival achievements. That's fine, but people getting all happy over mounts they spent money on, I think is stupid.

But I have no problem with buying pets, or even the level 90. Not sure why.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I've never participated in some fancy mount line or anything but I did pick up the Iron Skyreaver, and I've got the Dread Raven from the pre-order. They're just cool to fly around on. That's about it for me. I don't have some gotta catch em all or give a shit if anyone else digs it mentality. No ePeen on something you spent $ on I agree.

Cybsled

Getting a mount was easy. At level 40, I talked to a warlock quest giver in Barrens and they gave me a mount + riding skill for free ;p

Crone

Probs going to boost up a Warlock to level 90. Is the green fire quest I had heard about still relevant? I assume it's still in game, but the spell color that it changes even still used in rotations? Sorry for my ignorance. At work, so google is limited, and I know nothing of warlocks.

Cybsled

Any fire based magic or effects, including warlock mount and metamorph, will have the green color. Destro-locks use the most fire based attacks, so it would be visible the most on them.

Edit: btw, quest is no joke. You need the Grimoire 1st (rares on isle of thunder or you can buy off AH), which starts the chain. Before black temple, empty your bags as much as possible (bonus looting spree is part of it). The final fight is basically a solo heroic raid. You need pots/flasks/glyphs/etc. Destro spec is your best bet, be sure you get the enslave demon glyph and the embertap or healthstone glyph (more self healing). You have almost no room for error, even if you try to overgear. Have fun
wink.png