World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
That would be a good troll.
youknow.jpg

But to be honest, I can't detect honest stupidity and trolling on the WoW forums anymore. Prime example:

1643661795061.jpeg

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hell has frozen over: Development Preview: Cross-Faction Instances
The end is coming even faster. It’s funny how far they are going to appease the last of their following.

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's just a band aid over faction inbalance.

I want to see something more extensive where you get cosmetics for being a cross faction mercenary and different cosmetics for being alliance/horde exclusive.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hell has frozen over: Development Preview: Cross-Faction Instances
Seems like they know they are bleeding players and just want to put all the content on auto pilot and not have to worry about if enough players are playing both factions for groups. The will make it feel like more people are in queues.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe Microsoft will fire and replace Ion.
Maybe Microsoft will fire the one responsible for promoting Ion into that position. Ion is good when it comes to raids and encounters, but has zero interest or ideas for the MMO part, what we call "open world".

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Seems like they know they are bleeding players and just want to put all the content on auto pilot and not have to worry about if enough players are playing both factions for groups. The will make it feel like more people are in queues.

More races for Demon Hunters lets goooooo.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All those restrictions they listed out for cross faction when all it really needed to be was just as simple as "War Mode On/Off." They cant even f'n help themselves, they have to put a system on just fucking everything. Ridiculous.

Boosting itself should have died in its entirety. Labeling it just as organizations is going to cause organizations to look for loop holes to get around it. The rule change just made it more annoying to do and didnt/wont stop anything.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They've created their own mess. The game isnt fun to play through with all their time gates and artificial content blocks, so people bypass it by paying for boosts after the fact. They cant kill boosts entirely because even more players would quit.

But in all their hubris, instead of fixing their game design philosophy they just make it a little more inconvenient. They suck, that's why the game sucks, and thats not gonna change.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
All those restrictions they listed out for cross faction when all it really needed to be was just as simple as "War Mode On/Off." They cant even f'n help themselves, they have to put a system on just fucking everything. Ridiculous.

Seems like all they had to do is copy how it was done in EQ. You can group with, heal, and buff anyone you want but you're still KOS in opposing faction cities.

Instead they're going to make it all complicated because Little Timmy the Elf might get mad if an orc joins his group.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Fuck little Timmy for playing an elf. Only good elf is a dead elf or a dark elf.

• 1Worf

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Maybe Microsoft will fire the one responsible for promoting Ion into that position. Ion is good when it comes to raids and encounters, but has zero interest or ideas for the MMO part, what we call "open world".
That would be Mike Morhaime, so he's already fled.

Fadaar

That guy
blizz finally allowing cross faction grouping is pretty high on the "break in case of emergency scale". like... at the top imo.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Its funny but also true that not being able to advertise as Huokan or Nova will damage sales.

All boosters I know including myself having done some one-time boosting only runs with big name brand organizations. I personally won't do a run if its not Huokan. I certainly would never trust anyone on a raid boost with my gold besides Huokan. M+ I can branch out a little bit and use local guys occasionally.

I avoided guild runs like the plague. They lack professionalism and cohesion typically. Althought I did get a lot of keys on alts from independent crews-- it's not always a risk I was looking for.

Last edited:

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
As Blizzard started to sell tokens they almost dried out the black market for gold selling on third party sites. The amount of people being scammed oin shady auction sites and ebay went down a lot. Not what will happen if you ban ingame boosting that way? Exactly, those offers will be back on ebay and on shady auction sites with the same result.

Also same issue with cross faction: all the alliance players waiting for their big PvP and raid carry: guys, there is a reason you lost all the time in PvP and no one wanted to raid with you and that is not "the horde models and racials are looking far superior". In the last years the alliance seems to only consists of dad gamers and soccer moms and why would you want to mix that with the current horde?

Also: no child left behind everyone's a winner attitude. We wanted more "War" in Warcraft, not less.

Last edited: