World of Warcraft: Current Year

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the success of Classic is actually part of the problem. A creative person might have seen that success as an opportunity to look backwards and see how it wasn't just novelty that drove people to enjoy those experiences. An MBA, however, sees it as as excuse to get lazy since they know they can still print money by recycling the old stuff for awhile.

I aslo wonder how supporting Classic as well as Retail has impacted the engineering team's ability to innovate.
Classic is responsible for some of the stupid design decisions in Shadowlands. Well, more accurately, the devs misunderstanding why classic was popular caused the terrible design. Stuff like lowering item acquisition to frustrating levels is pure classic brain stupidity from the devs. Meanwhile, they keep making mythic raiding more difficult for a smaller group of people while people are racing through classic raids happily.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Mythic raiding is one of the major things that killed the game. Until it’s gone I will know blizzard hasn’t learned anything and the game will still be dying

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Classic is responsible for some of the stupid design decisions in Shadowlands. Well, more accurately, the devs misunderstanding why classic was popular caused the terrible design. Stuff like lowering item acquisition to frustrating levels is pure classic brain stupidity from the devs. Meanwhile, they keep making mythic raiding more difficult for a smaller group of people while people are racing through classic raids happily.
I think The Maw was a shitty attempt at a Classic style zone?

Don't know why they though that few rewards, few quests and no fast travel methods would work.

Just double the difficulty of world mobs and make some elite areas with better rewards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game needs much better alt design. The fact these morons haven't gotten that through their heads is baffling. It stems from Ions smoothe brain design philosophy of having one character and being proud of that character. Utter out dated thinking.

Anyone thinking this game isn't going to be built from the top down on quotas and spreadsheets a fucking clown.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I think The Maw was a shitty attempt at a Classic style zone?

Don't know why they though that few rewards, few quests and no fast travel methods would work.

Just double the difficulty of world mobs and make some elite areas with better rewards.

Maw was what finally made me hit the unsub button.

• 1Like

Otto

What was left of my launch guild that survived BFA was gone for good after two weeks of Shadowlands. Even if the next expansion is great my old guild isn't coming back unfortunately.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yikes, is Shadowlands that bad? Making me rethink spending 50 hours just doing the leveling content. I'm always trying to recapture the fun I had doing BC and WOTLK for the first time and none of the expansions ever measure up. Legion was probably my favorite after that.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is this the video game version of Rajaah second guessing his (time) investment choices?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yikes, is Shadowlands that bad? Making me rethink spending 50 hours just doing the leveling content. I'm always trying to recapture the fun I had doing BC and WOTLK for the first time and none of the expansions ever measure up. Legion was probably my favorite after that.
Yes it's that bad.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Having a zone that said 'hey! We made some more challenging content but to keep it challenging we are going to limit how much you can play it!" was a boneheaded move.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s not that bad right now. It was atrocious at launch through 9.1. patch. The 9.1.5 and 9.2 patches finally implemented all the changes players recommended in beta.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It’s not that bad right now. It was atrocious at launch through 9.1. patch. The 9.1.5 and 9.2 patches finally implemented all the changes players recommended in beta.
Thats good to know. Cause at this point, I'd do anything to stop seeing someone ride FFXIV's tranny cock every other post. ffs.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thats good to know. Cause at this point, I'd do anything to stop seeing someone ride FFXIV's tranny cock every other post. ffs.
Two positive comments about FFXIV in the last three pages.

Seems like you're just jealous that FFXIV players actually enjoy their game and their devs don't hate them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Two positive comments about FFXIV in the last three pages.

Seems like you're just jealous that FFXIV players actually enjoy their game and their devs don't hate them.
avd.gif

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shadowlands being tolerable doesn’t make it better than FF14. FF14 actually has a dev team that likes their players and gives a shit about making a good game.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Mythic raiding is one of the major things that killed the game. Until it’s gone I will know blizzard hasn’t learned anything and the game will still be dying
Should there just not be hard content in the game?

How else do you make a game interesting for people who've played for a month vs people who've played it for over a decade?