World of Warcraft: Current Year

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All expansion oriented MMO's have this issue where they don't actually expand upon the past world, rather just add a new storyline in a separate landmass. They need to be able to take everything WoW has, from Classic to Shadowlands and condense it into "The Game", but they can't. The best thing WoW Classic / Retail could ever do is take a look at all the xpacs after Wrath and strip them down to only stuff that is directly related to Burning Legion / Sargeras / Titans.. to me that is the essence of WoW (the while Orcs vs. Humans as a focus is/has been dumb).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Is the new universal starter zone worth seeing/doing?
No.

It's just a tour of game mechanics, starting from "attack this target dummy", culminating into a "grouping" tutorial that has you defeat a big bad in a multi-phase fight ... with bots if there aren't enough players around. Which never are.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I didn’t recall much Arthas. I thought it was going to be all Bolvar.
This is the true nature of Blizzard hype, they just imply things and let their shills do the talking.

I'd refer you to videos on Youtube like "Arthas RETURNS in Patch 9.2! Every Hint/Appearance on the 9.2 PTR," but I'd rather you not click on those videos and give them attention.

Cybsled

No.

It's just a tour of game mechanics, starting from "attack this target dummy", culminating into a "grouping" tutorial that has you defeat a big bad in a multi-phase fight ... with bots if there aren't enough players around. Which never are.

So basically a fancier version of the old EQ1 tutorial zone?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
All expansion oriented MMO's have this issue where they don't actually expand upon the past world, rather just add a new storyline in a separate landmass. They need to be able to take everything WoW has, from Classic to Shadowlands and condense it into "The Game", but they can't. The best thing WoW Classic / Retail could ever do is take a look at all the xpacs after Wrath and strip them down to only stuff that is directly related to Burning Legion / Sargeras / Titans.. to me that is the essence of WoW (the while Orcs vs. Humans as a focus is/has been dumb).
People are hyped about seeing the old zones like they were hyped about Outland/Northrend in vanilla.

My idea is have the Infinite Dragonflight shatter the timeways and lock you out of the next X years of Azeroth.

Then have the next ~6 expansions be future versions of classic zones, scaled up to be larger and remade to modern standards.

You can travel between the current time and the future via a hub but you can't go to unreleased future areas, there'll be an Infinite Dragonflight magic wall that you'll destroy sections of between expansions to unlock new areas.

Then make everything with the plan that once all the future expansions are out, the past will be retired and the levels rescaled to be a full 1-60 experience in the future zones only. Have FF14 style scaling and roulettes. Then go back to Northrend, Pandaria & Outland and revamp those.

My first expansion would be "War of the Thorns" and be a revamped Ashenvale and surrounding zones. Then you'd have Lordaeron, Barrens area, Khaz Modan, Stormwind area and then the Tanaris area with a finale vs Murozond.

Give me a job Blizzard.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
THE WOONZ, CHAMPION! THE WOONZ!

Ax3j8VF.png

never mind, it's just a splinter.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
THE WOONZ, CHAMPION! THE WOONZ!

Ax3j8VF.png

never mind, it's just a splinter.
FF14: "Remember that raid with an alien robot two expansions ago? Since it's lore relevent again now we found the remains of it's people at the edge of the universe, we are going to put in a little questline to bridge the two storylines. Please look forward to it."

WoW: "Marketing says that any sort of Silithus questhub in our 1 year+ content drought won't bring back enough subs or engagement metrics. We have to be on message and talk about Dragons only so fuck you".

• 2Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
FF14: "Remember that raid with an alien robot two expansions ago? Since it's lore relevent again now we found the remains of it's people at the edge of the universe, we are going to put in a little questline to bridge the two storylines. Please look forward to it."

WoW: "Marketing says that any sort of Silithus questhub in our 1 year+ content drought won't bring back enough subs or engagement metrics. We have to be on message and talk about Dragons only so fuck you".
Every time I paid attention to the FF14 story was an _awful_ experience.

FF14 story: who cares?
FF14 gameplay: SHIT

WoW story: who cares?
WoW gameplay: After all these years it's still enjoyable

• 3Salty
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Best comment I read about the announcement: "They probably filmed it that way so they don't have to look into the camera and feel guilty about fooling the players again."

No. Core WoW gameplay has been going downhill with the expansions.

Sure, for casuals it doesn't matter, but if you ever tried to keep up with M+/Raiding in BfA/Shadowlands, it is a different beast than say Classic/TBC/WotLK era gameplay.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Every time I paid attention to the FF14 story was an _awful_ experience.

FF14 story: who cares?
FF14 gameplay: SHIT

WoW story: who cares?
Maze'd.

Like WoW, FF14 is all about the endgame dungeons and raids which are excellent. The raids are better than WoW's by a mile.

Levelling gameplay and story may not be the best... neither is WoW's anymore.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Maze'd.

Like WoW, FF14 is all about the endgame dungeons and raids which are excellent. The raids are better than WoW's by a mile.

Levelling gameplay and story may not be the best... neither is WoW's anymore.

I'm not certain it's possible to be more wrong than you are every single time you enter in a separate MMO thread to talk about FF14.

You've convinced me to pre-order this expansion when it becomes available after originally wanting to avoid it. That's how insufferable your posts are; I actually want to support the product not by it's own inherent value but just because it seems to make people like you hate it so. One needs only scroll up half a fucking page to see you bragging about FF14's story - the person was fucking quoting you talking about the story and your response? "Meh, story may not be the best"? Faggot, you're the one who brought FF14's story into this thread. Now you want to talk about raiding? How retarded are you?

• 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll

Cybsled

Impressive from just dabbling into drawing furries, into getting a job making concept art for scalies

They'll get commission work for years to come now

• 2Brony

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
All expansion oriented MMO's have this issue where they don't actually expand upon the past world, rather just add a new storyline in a separate landmass. They need to be able to take everything WoW has, from Classic to Shadowlands and condense it into "The Game", but they can't.
Yes, 100%, abandoned content is the real reason WoW sucks. They have this vast world and over a hundred dungeons, but less than 1% of the content is relevant at any given time.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not certain it's possible to be more wrong than you are every single time you enter in a separate MMO thread to talk about FF14.

You've convinced me to pre-order this expansion when it becomes available after originally wanting to avoid it. That's how insufferable your posts are; I actually want to support the product not by it's own inherent value but just because it seems to make people like you hate it so. One needs only scroll up half a fucking page to see you bragging about FF14's story - the person was fucking quoting you talking about the story and your response? "Meh, story may not be the best"? Faggot, you're the one who brought FF14's story into this thread. Now you want to talk about raiding? How retarded are you?
You sure showed us FF14 players by giving more money to this embarrassment of a studio. How will we ever recover from this grievous assault.

• 3Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users