World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tera thread: Too many lolis.

This thread: FF14 has no lolis.

Me: *confused face*
If there was ever a time I needed Doc Brown to come get me, its now.

6fc1.gif

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
This is a Blizzard problem that they introduced with M+, in that dungeons are much more important for progression with the ilevels involved.
Sure, but this is precisely what the community wanted Blizzard to do every expansion: Make dungeons more important, especially later in the expansion, and not just disposable tools for leveling and gearing up for raids. Yeah, a finger on the monkey's paw curled, but now the community expects M+.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way about M+ and only like raiding, but there are a lot of players that just can't commit to raiding on fixed schedules. So parallel paths to character progression is usually a good thing to have in an MMO. However, in good old Blizzard tradition they have some serious problems in listening to player feedback, so the system has been a bit stagnant over the expansions.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sure, but this is precisely what the community wanted Blizzard to do every expansion: Make dungeons more important, especially later in the expansion, and not just disposable tools for leveling and gearing up for raids. Yeah, a finger on the monkey's paw curled, but now the community expects M+.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way about M+ and only like raiding, but there are a lot of players that just can't commit to raiding on fixed schedules. So parallel paths to character progression is usually a good thing to have in an MMO. However, in good old Blizzard tradition they have some serious problems in listening to player feedback, so the system has been a bit stagnant over the expansions.
The problem with M+ is how toxic and stressful it is.

Why is there a time limit? Groups just implode after one mistake because it's then unlikely to meet the timer, so how are you supposed to learn them?

I don't mind a one off timed challenge or something cosmetic for specifically doing that, I did do the original 30 minute Stratholme in Vanilla for the T0.5 dungeon set AND the timed Zul Aman for the original Amani Warbear Mount as healers - so it's not like I don't have the will or skill to do things like that.

But I noped out of Shadowlands M+ after one day of trying it and uninstalled the game after seeing how toxic also LFR was after a single wipe.

I'll not mention how I know this because of the snowflakes, but you eliminate the toxicity and stress by NOT having corpse runs, NOT having trash (mini boss is fine) and NOT having time limits in that sort of high skill/difficulty content.

Last edited:

Burns

The problem with M+ is how toxic and stressful it is.

Why is there a time limit? Groups just implode after one mistake because it's then unlikely to meet the timer, so how are you supposed to learn them?

I don't mind a one off timed challenge or something cosmetic for specifically doing that, I did do the original 30 minute Stratholme in Vanilla for the T0.5 dungeon set AND the timed Zul Aman for the original Amani Warbear Mount as healers - so it's not like I don't have the will or skill to do things like that.

But I noped out of Shadowlands M+ after one day of trying it and uninstalled the game after seeing how toxic also LFR was after a single wipe.

I'll not mention how I know this because of the snowflakes, but you eliminate the toxicity and stress by NOT having corpse runs, NOT having trash (mini boss is fine) and NOT having tine limits in that sort of high skill/difficulty content.
You are supposed to learn the dungeon by doing it on normal, heroic, or Mythic 0; not jump in on someone's key and ruin it because you don't want to bother doing the learnin work in EZ mode.

As for the timer, without it, I could see every Timmy in a M+5 waiting around for hero, on every boss, because that's what the MDI "pros" do for the meta. Such tactics would get just as much flack as people give the timer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Sure, because otherwise it would take more manpower to program something else!

...oh, and it would also take creative ideas that would cause player engagement, and they need to keep those for... other things... or something.

• 1Truth!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They should add a pause button to mythic+ so that I can hold people hostage

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Time trials are always a lazy means of increasing difficulty and all they do is force the meta for clearing into an incredibly narrow band of acceptable classes/specs. Since they rarely balance for this, it means you typically exclude a good part of your playerbase (either because of the class they play, or because they arent the specific spec to do it)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Thanks to the Beta standard they now have cultivated you had people on Day One of Shadowlands griping about not skipping past trash by climbing up the side of the geometry and related BS. This wasn't some key run, it was Heroic for fucks sake and people were screaming like banshees and rage quitting because 'loser tank' didn't know the bosses.

Day Fucking One.

WoW can still be a fun game if they tried hard enough but good grief the player base is toxic as fuck.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
You are supposed to learn the dungeon by doing it on normal, heroic, or Mythic 0; not jump in on someone's key and ruin it because you don't want to bother doing the learnin work in EZ mode.

As for the timer, without it, I could see every Timmy in a M+5 waiting around for hero, on every boss, because that's what the MDI "pros" do for the meta. Such tactics would get just as much flack as people give the timer.
I have to learn a dungeon with no useful rewards on a difficulty not reflective of what I am supposed to be learning? It needs to be the target difficulty or have a reward, one or the other.

You think I didn't do Heroic or Mythic 0 (which has many of the same problems)? The problem wasn't knowing tactics, it was retarded tranny speedrunners going ahead without everyone being ready to proceed and splitting the group/line of sight issues.

Also... just let people use Heroism on every boss. Why not? Give it shorter duration and cooldown so it can be used tactically more often. There's no law saying that the game needs to have and be designed around long cooldowns.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Time trials are always a lazy means of increasing difficulty and all they do is force the meta for clearing into an incredibly narrow band of acceptable classes/specs. Since they rarely balance for this, it means you typically exclude a good part of your playerbase (either because of the class they play, or because they arent the specific spec to do it)
Except this doesn't happen in WoW until you reach absurdly irrelevant key levels, like 28+.

Anyone who's not retarded playing any class or spec can do a +15 which is all you need for progression.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
"Anyone who's not retarded can do it" is a good way to describe most of WoW.

I started giving up on the game back in...I think it was Cata but it might have been late Wrath, when I noticed the enemies were so incredibly easy that I didn't actually need to min/max or strategize or pay attention to my gear. I had a quest to clear out some camp with enemies that were higher level than me. Just for a test, I ran into the middle of it, pressing one button over and over (Mage AOE) and cleared the entire camp at once, undergeared and not even max level for that expac. I was like "literally I could sit here pressing this one button and kill an entire pack of enemies that are higher level than I am" and just sorta fell out with the game right then. I could have probably not even had any gear on and still soloed mobs fairly easily without pressing more than one button.

It wasn't asking anything of me except "don't be any more than mildly retarded"

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure where I stand with the whole timed difficulty thing. I'm about 50/50 on it being the right way for M+ progression. Yes it promotes toxicity and laziness in finding groups, but those are things that can be fixed with tools that track community play. Tracking what dungeons people have run, scoring runs based on HPS/DPS or metrics like average damage taken per encounter, average interrupts per run. These are things that are already available and logged, they could use this to foster community rankings so dipshits don't get stuck with tryhards. This is the fundamental flaw with WOW challenging content right now is the game doesn't give you any feedback (by default) on how you are performing, what you need to do to improve, what other people that play your spec are doing. Nothing. Just hold your dick and start spraying.

Would've liked to see them expand on difficult 1, 2 and 3 man content as well. However their budget will go to sprawling (generous term these days) open worlds that have no group content baked into them. That is purely for leveling. Tons of quest writing that nobody will read. Tons of voice lines by butch dikes. Sprinkled themes of <insert current oppressive political stance here>.

I really hate theorizing on what would make this game good because it'll never happen. Its best to let this game wither into the 40 year old women trash collector it will inevitably always be designed for until the studio is axed.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, but the most difficult part of M+ is finding 4 other people that aren't more than mildly retarded.

With the current WoW playerbase, this is more difficult than you'd think.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have to learn a dungeon with no useful rewards on a difficulty not reflective of what I am supposed to be learning? It needs to be the target difficulty or have a reward, one or the other.

You think I didn't do Heroic or Mythic 0 (which has many of the same problems)? The problem wasn't knowing tactics, it was retarded tranny speedrunners going ahead without everyone being ready to proceed and splitting the group/line of sight issues.

Also... just let people use Heroism on every boss. Why not? Give it shorter duration and cooldown so it can be used tactically more often. There's no law saying that the game needs to have and be designed around long cooldowns.

Are you a retard who plays wow with a controller? Yeah I wonder why M+ is toxic for you...

Chris

Potato del Grande
"Anyone who's not retarded can do it" is a good way to describe most of WoW.

I started giving up on the game back in...I think it was Cata but it might have been late Wrath, when I noticed the enemies were so incredibly easy that I didn't actually need to min/max or strategize or pay attention to my gear. I had a quest to clear out some camp with enemies that were higher level than me. Just for a test, I ran into the middle of it, pressing one button over and over (Mage AOE) and cleared the entire camp at once, undergeared and not even max level for that expac. I was like "literally I could sit here pressing this one button and kill an entire pack of enemies that are higher level than I am" and just sorta fell out with the game right then. I could have probably not even had any gear on and still soloed mobs fairly easily without pressing more than one button.

Cata swoop in in flying mount and AoE everything down with no threat of death was retarded true, they just got rid of the flying mount part but otherwise the world is still retard easy.

I'm talking about M+ which isn't that.

• 1Moron

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are you a retard who plays wow with a controller? Yeah I wonder why M+ is toxic for you...
I just finished Elden Ring with a controller and people say those games are really hard, so I must just be a peripheral savant.

• 3Moron
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 4 users