World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
We already had paid addons like Carbonite. Then Blizzard lost their shit how no one can make money off of Blizzard properties, and said they would blacklist any such addons.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
He's extremely negative towards WoW, or had been since Shadowlands.
That's because it kinda sucks.

Can't blame people for speaking the truth.

I don't understand who Shadowlands was supposed to appeal to. It wasn't particularly good for casual, core, or hardcore players. I don't understand the target audience.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's because it kinda sucks.

Can't blame people for speaking the truth.

I don't understand who Shadowlands was supposed to appeal to. It wasn't particularly good for casual, core, or hardcore players. I don't understand the target audience.

Even Snoofer lost out.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't imagine that it's effective, I think ad agencies are just being paid by Blackrock and NGOs to astroturf this stuff.
The problem is that it is very effective when done consistently. WotC started advertising MTG and D&D with a bunch of hipster fake-nerds and streaming influencers and other such people who actually bathe daily, instead of their core audience who were allergic to girls, manners, and soap, and was able to dramatically transform and expand the reach of their product.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Dear Asmon. The Fires of Heaven guild website, THE premier destination for lively Everquest discussions 1997-2004, formerly led by a serial sexual harasser personally named in many lawsuits who can't post anymore due to NDA agreements, frequented by a couple members of the original guild and a ton of lurkers who ever saw high end EQ or World of Warcraft, has several pages devoted to discussing your teeth. Please come give us your thoughts.
Did you register this username just for this post?

Chris

Potato del Grande
The problem is that it is very effective when done consistently. WotC started advertising MTG and D&D with a bunch of hipster fake-nerds and streaming influencers and other such people who actually bathe daily, instead of their core audience who were allergic to girls, manners, and soap, and was able to dramatically transform and expand the reach of their product.
Any evidence for that?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any evidence for that?
The fact that the business unit for what was considered 2 niche hobbies 10 years ago is now so profitable that investors want it to be spun off from Hasbro, because it is absolutely crushing the profits of the rest of Hasbro combined.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Mist is right, the perception is huge and the advertising is successful. Even watching like Big Bang with Penny quoting DnD shit is big to reforming the image, people like the content but if the perception is you are a total loser if you engage in it it will fail for a huge segment of the market.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The fact that the business unit for what was considered 2 niche hobbies 10 years ago is now so profitable that investors want it to be spun off from Hasbro, because it is absolutely crushing the profits of the rest of Hasbro combined.

Is that not because the traditional playerbase is now grown up and buying all the alternate art shit?

• 1Moron

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Asmongold interview with Ion was great and worth the watch:

at 12:10: Ion wants to bring master loot back, maybe.
at 28:40: "what sword?"

• 2Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ion.png

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like they eventually want to open it up completely so any race can be any class. I think that’s generally good as there’s always been many combos that I’ve wanted to do but couldn’t due to the mostly arbitrary block.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Seen her in other interviews Blizzard has recently done re: Dragonflight. Is that girl's entire job looking cute while setting up Zoom meetings?

Did Blizzard not learn their fucking lesson? Or the lesson from Riot a few years back? 10 years from now when she doesn't get promoted to vice president of marketing she's going to have like 600 pages of documents about how she was harassed and discriminated against.

"Don't stick your dick in crazy and definitely don't put them on the payroll" should be the new industry motto.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's weird because he has more than enough money to live in a nicer place and get his teeth replaced

Not super up on it but I think his logic is that he's lived in or adjacent to poverty for most of his life so basically has no "use" for money. As for teeth, why are Americans so obsessed with teeth?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Because it's our easiest class marker. If you're poor, or were raised poor, you probably have shit teeth because you couldn't afford dental care and were eating poor people food, which is cheap, soft, and packed with sugar.

Or you're a Meth-head.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf