World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There is nothing they can do that is going to shake me from my position of "no more money until your product gets the all-clear from trustworthy nerds."

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know correlation isn't causality but this happens only a couple of months after Devolore left.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They must be desperate to suddenly change their policy on Asmongold like this.

Someone in marketing saw the graph of FF14 players on steam after Asmongold played it and also saw that the FF14 head dev talked to him without incident.

What did Asmongold ever do?

They had an anti-Asmongold policy?

The guy may be a sweaty nerd who lives in squalor, but from what I've seen he's pretty harmless.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

The guy may be a sweaty nerd who lives in squalor, but from what I've seen he's pretty harmless.
Pretty sure asmon is rolling in money and he has been a vocal opponent of blizzards hardcore eccentric design for a few years so all the devs who love mythic +ultra hate him

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Asmongold is the totem spirit of the kind of gamer devs are desperate to erase from the memory of the genre. His braying laugh is the toll of doom for their dreams of video games being played on rooftops with trendy 20-somethings.

• 5Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 9 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Asmongold like him or hate him still has one of the largest WoW audiences on Twitch. Blizzard has hated him for years since he used to be "toxic" - you know the faggot meaningless buzz word, as well as as criticizing many of the obvious dogshit brain dead retard design choices over the years, still he is an addicted fan who has been playing most of his entire life almost 20 years. Hell it's been part of many of our lives for 20 years as well.

Still he is open and vocal about his criticisms of the game but also fanboys over the shit he likes. He isn't exactly brand friendly though given you have an adult who is the equivalent of pigpin living in filth and squalor screaming "go big dick!!!!" while missing teeth and encouraging people to exploit, cheat, scam, and steal to get ahead probably isn't something HR exactly wants representing them.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He also likes boobs and has been critical of Blizzard's efforts to reduce and/or conceal boobs.

He's a monster.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

He's extremely negative towards WoW, or had been since Shadowlands.

Biggest reason for his blacklisting though was promotion of harassment of WoW developers. That was pretty much the last straw.

You can probably find some articles covering it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No one at Blizzard had a serious problem with Asmongold until he used a dog-whistle to tell people to attack developers personally until they change their ways.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
No one at Blizzard had a serious problem with Asmongold until he used a dog-whistle to tell people to attack developers personally until they change their ways.

Good fuck em, tranny furry faggot pedophiles should be attacked.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Asmongold like him or hate him still has one of the largest WoW audiences on Twitch. Blizzard has hated him for years since he used to be "toxic" - you know the faggot meaningless buzz word, as well as as criticizing many of the obvious dogshit brain dead retard design choices over the years, still he is an addicted fan who has been playing most of his entire life almost 20 years. Hell it's been part of many of our lives for 20 years as well.

Still he is open and vocal about his criticisms of the game but also fanboys over the shit he likes. He isn't exactly brand friendly though given you have an adult who is the equivalent of pigpin living in filth and squalor screaming "go big dick!!!!" while missing teeth and encouraging people to exploit, cheat, scam, and steal to get ahead probably isn't something HR exactly wants representing them.

It's weird because he has more than enough money to live in a nicer place and get his teeth replaced. What is it, like $3k a tooth for implants? Probably more now since dental costs are obscene.

He also likes boobs and has been critical of Blizzard's efforts to reduce and/or conceal boobs.

He's a monster.

I think the majority of people like boobs. Ya know, all this PC stuff is going to make -somebody- rich when we have a resurgence of boobs and sexuality. Something like the WWF Attitude Era would make an absolute killing today just because it'd be way more of a breath of fresh air than it was then. Simultaneously there's plenty of stuff from that era that wouldn't be palatable to most people now, like the frequent use of "faggot", that could be left at the door.

But yeah, I can't wait to see someone with balls get really wealthy off of some sort of modern Attitude Era situation with boobs and anti-PC 'tude.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's weird because he has more than enough money to live in a nicer place and get his teeth replaced. What is it, like $3k a tooth for implants? Probably more now since dental costs are obscene.

I think the majority of people like boobs. Ya know, all this PC stuff is going to make -somebody- rich when we have a resurgence of boobs and sexuality. Something like the WWF Attitude Era would make an absolute killing today just because it'd be way more of a breath of fresh air than it was then. Simultaneously there's plenty of stuff from that era that wouldn't be palatable to most people now, like the frequent use of "faggot", that could be left at the door.

But yeah, I can't wait to see someone with balls get really wealthy off of some sort of modern Attitude Era situation with boobs and anti-PC 'tude.

He is a successful multi-multi millionaire, he could very much do those things, he doesn't either because it's his brand, or he doesn't because shockingly enough some people just want to live that way. He gets to be a NEET and do nothing but whatever he feels like. Not everyone who gets cash needs a lambo, coke, whores, and yachts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
He is a successful multi-multi millionaire, he could very much do those things, he doesn't either because it's his brand, or he doesn't because shockingly enough some people just want to live that way. He gets to be a NEET and do nothing but whatever he feels like. Not everyone who gets cash needs a lambo, coke, whores, and yachtube.

I pretty much fall into that category, just need a solid computer, solid OLED, and the latest Playstation. Recently downsized to a smaller place, it's a mess, and I need a couple molars replaced. Yet I mostly just accumulate money and sit on it, when there are a zillion things I could be getting to improve myself by conventional logic. So I get it.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Also, if Blizzard is afraid of Asmon being the face of gamers / WoW, that ship already sailed. Homie's goofy-ass face is plastered all over YouTube, especially WoW YouTube, making all kinds of wacky homeless man expressions.