World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As expected, WoW retail pushed away its core audience trying to bend over backwards for sexual kinks and POC and guess what.. they dont even want to play it now. Fucking geniuses.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is asinine levels of complaining. Yes, many of the tier sets are talents now so everything would be super fucked if they let you have tier set and the talent as well. Expect legendaries to also get deactivated. It doesnt matter. Other than DF tier sets, all the borrowed power systems are baked into the new trees. You are going to be very powerful with just the trees alone. And, nobody gives two fucks about power level in prepatch. You making fated mythic jailer plans?

If you are going to bitch, bitch about how the talents aren’t actually all working and many of the specs are still bugged to hell and back. Or bitch about their loot system in M+ being dumb as fuck.
No, it isn't asinine at all.

They spend all this dev time, which we paid for, on systems which are now being deleted.

In an RPG, which is about increasing your power, they are arbitrarily taking away power.

They have done this before yet refuse to design evergreen systems.

They have learned, after 10 years, that talent trees are fun. Despite being the fucking company that popularised talent trees 20 years ago.

But you are going to hand them yet more cash. Go fuck yourself.

Daidraco

No, it isn't asinine at all.

They spend all this dev time, which we paid for, on systems which are now being deleted.

In an RPG, which is about increasing your power, they are arbitrarily taking away power.

They have done this before yet refuse to design evergreen systems.

They have learned, after 10 years, that talent trees are fun. Despite being the fucking company that popularised talent trees 20 years ago.

But you are going to hand them yet more cash. Go fuck yourself.
You gave money to Diablo immortal. Step down from your podium, bruh.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
You gave money to Diablo immortal. Step down from your podium, bruh.
I didn't give them money then start calling complains asinine, I gave them money then posted how I regretted it.

Even then it's my usual mobile game policy of buying a battle pass equivalent if I get box game value out of it, I didn't whale. But I still feel bad about that and also a friend talking me into D2R.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Anyone who entertains the idea of Diablo Immortal's monetization problem has no right to complain about monetization in any other game.

If you can tolerate that level of predatory monetization and think it's a wise use of your money, I got an NFT of a bridge I could sell you.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
As expected, WoW retail pushed away its core audience trying to bend over backwards for sexual kinks and POC and guess what.. they dont even want to play it now. Fucking geniuses.
I’m considering opening a wow thread in screenshots. You guys could learn how deep the rabbit hole goes, perhaps literally.

Daidraco

I’m considering opening a wow thread in screenshots. You guys could learn how deep the rabbit hole goes, perhaps literally.
No thanks. I dont want to see the degenerate behavior of the dregs of society at any point in my day. But I guess the point you're making is that that behavior is still heavily polluting WoW.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
No thanks. I dont want to see the degenerate behavior of the dregs of society at any point in my day. But I guess the point you're making is that that behavior is still heavily polluting WoW.
Fuck wow, the point I’m making is that gay wow shit is polluting my furry community.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They had some promo when they announced the release date of DF, where Shadowlands was free, to try to drum up subs early. They may do that again on prepatch release, but I don't think they usually roll the old xpac into the base game until a week or more after the new xpac is released.

As for leveling from 1, they changed it to a system like timewalking, where you pick an expansion and you just level in that expansion till 50, then you have to move to Shadowlands (until after DF starts, then you should be able to level to 60 in a single xpac, through Chromie time). Legion is probably the best xpac to go to, if you never played it.

I played everything up through BFA. Legion was awesome.

I'd like to revisit TBC and Wrath, with some vanilla zones early on (the Undercity area till like level 20 was my favorite, culminating with Shadowfang Keep).

Ideally I could do that area until like 10, then Outland 10-30 and Northrend 30-50. Unless I have to pick one for timewalking, which would suck. I have more nostalgia for Outland but I did less in Northrend. Like the whole "top half" of Northrend would be largely new to me since back in the day I leveled so fast in the first few zones and then finished off 77-80 in Crystalsong. Barely did anything in Zul'Drak, Stormwhatever Mountains or Icecrown.

So it's like, nostalgia or things that are less-trodden. If I split them then that solves that.

I'll prolly go ahead and do this soon, then hope Shadowlands gets put on sale (or made free) after the prepatch.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Jesus fuck that shit is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes.
Teenage gay tranny male furry twink. These are grown adults putting this stuff out. Dragonflight is the first MMO expansion that doubles as pervert bingo.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How and why!?

The zone had about 1 quest.

Probably by spamming dungeons the whole way while fighting random mobs in-between and looking at the cool trees. 90% sure that's how it went.

Similar thing happened in TBC where by the time I got to Netherstorm, I did like two quests before I hit 70 and had the whole rest of the zone left. Except there I actually went ahead and did everything because Netherstorm's awesome.

So I look forward to doing Zul/Storm/Icecrown in like, 40-48 this time. Maybe 3 levels in each or something.

Burns

I played everything up through BFA. Legion was awesome.

I'd like to revisit TBC and Wrath, with some vanilla zones early on (the Undercity area till like level 20 was my favorite, culminating with Shadowfang Keep).

Ideally I could do that area until like 10, then Outland 10-30 and Northrend 30-50. Unless I have to pick one for timewalking, which would suck. I have more nostalgia for Outland but I did less in Northrend. Like the whole "top half" of Northrend would be largely new to me since back in the day I leveled so fast in the first few zones and then finished off 77-80 in Crystalsong. Barely did anything in Zul'Drak, Stormwhatever Mountains or Icecrown.

So it's like, nostalgia or things that are less-trodden. If I split them then that solves that.

I'll prolly go ahead and do this soon, then hope Shadowlands gets put on sale (or made free) after the prepatch.
You can jump around in the Cromie time thing but I am not sure how much exp is in those 3 WotLK zones.

I remember Icecrown having a shit ton of quests though. Also, Storm Peaks may have an involved lead in quest line. Maybe look up some walk throughs for those zones and see if any of the main lines need other zones done, as I vaguely (mis)remember something about WotLK having longer quest lines in general.

There are cheaves for doing quests in those zones, so that might be the best way to find walkthroughs for the zone. WoWhead should have a guild for most of the old cheaves by now (hopefully not outdated).

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I look forward to doing Zul/Storm/Icecrown in like, 40-48 this time. Maybe 3 levels in each or something.
This sounds optimistic, you are going to do a fraction of each zone and miss the ending if you do that. You'll level really fast.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WOTLK leveling is very slow in retail. You basically want to stay away from all pre-cata zones.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can jump around in the Cromie time thing but I am not sure how much exp is in those 3 WotLK zones.

I remember Icecrown having a shit ton of quests though. Also, Storm Peaks may have an involved lead in quest line. Maybe look up some walk throughs for those zones and see if any of the main lines need other zones done, as I vaguely (mis)remember something about WotLK having longer quest lines in general.

There are cheaves for doing quests in those zones, so that might be the best way to find walkthroughs for the zone. WoWhead should have a guild for most of the old cheaves by now (hopefully not outdated).
With the buff right now you basically pick an xpac and finish 1 to 50 in like 3 zones.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the leveling xp buff back?
Yes

I believe it will also be in the prepatch and don't quote me on this but I think they are reducing xp or some shit I don't know so it might be even faster?

What I do know is leveling like some autist is still one of the most relaxing things you can do in this game. Especially when you go into zones that haven't been touched by faggotry writing and butch dyke voice actors.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user