World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Anyone who buys Dragonflight should be banned from the Gamergate and Ukraine threads.

I bet that we have people wishing that Putin nukes the US to stop globohomo, then buying woke tranny games like this.
Aren’t you the FF guy that can’t help but give the good news in every thread about that garbage ass game? You’re like a fucking Mormon laughing at Scientology.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I got you fam.

dwagons huh.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a Live server that FoH tends to congregate on currently? Been playing WotLK Classic with the wife, but she is wanting to see the Live game after I've been watching lore and expansion recap videos.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a Live server that FoH tends to congregate on currently? Been playing WotLK Classic with the wife, but she is wanting to see the Live game after I've been watching lore and expansion recap videos.
I doubt you and your wife are going to do Mythic raiding. Play on any server you want. You wont get a good answer of who is playing and who isnt, here, out of fear of mockery or something. I usually play the launches at the very minimum, but I havent even bought this one. Everyone knows the expansion has been rushed, but even with broken classes, missing content with the "it'll be in by Retail launch!" it sounds rough. Give us some feedback if you want.

• 2Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The last time anyone on this forum was playing together from what I remember, we were on Hyjal horde. And there were only like 4 of us at the beginning of the expansion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I doubt you and your wife are going to do Mythic raiding. Play on any server you want. You wont get a good answer of who is playing and who isnt, here, out of fear of mockery or something. I usually play the launches at the very minimum, but I havent even bought this one. Everyone knows the expansion has been rushed, but even with broken classes, missing content with the "it'll be in by Retail launch!" it sounds rough. Give us some feedback if you want.

Not planning on buying the new expac yet, figured we’d kick around and do a few of the old expansions to level some toons. Will look at Dragonflight once it’s out and if the wife decides a she likes retail better. We wound up rolling on Dalaran.

• 1Like

Burns

Can someone give a TLDR; of the current state of the game?
The current current state is Shadowlands is cut short and everyone is waiting on the new xpac to drop. Pre-patch is less than a month away (probably), so it's best just to wait until then, if anyone is thinking of playing this month...

As for the beta:
It is hard to guess how bad things will be until prepatch hits. Their internal build could be a month ahead of beta, or it could be mostly the same as beta.

I went and looked at a few class discords to see if they had the current bugs sticked (I'm not spending time sifting though discord chat shit). Only the rogue disco was keeping decent track of the bugs, but no one has made a handy dandy picture with the current patch's bugs (rogue) to compare with last patch.

Mechanics wise, it's the same as always, some classes get good shit, others just get shit on. Again, once pre-patch hits, and everyone is playing it, it should be easier to see the flaws in the design.

M+ is going to be 4 new dungeons and 4 old dungeons each season (instead of all 8 new dungeons). It's also getting some changes with affixes, gear will scale all the way up to M20, and each level will scale harder. So M20 in Dargonfight will be closer to M25 or some such (I'm not doing the actual math to see what the real equivalence is). I would assume M20 gear ilevel will be equal to the first 3 bosses in Mythic raids...

Raids are the same as they have always been with the exception of a new loot mode, which is priority group loot, or some such. Personal loot is gone.

Read some people complaining that casuals wont have anything to do, but don't care about "casual" content if they are talking about Torgast type stuff and world quest (dailies) type shit, so didn't care to read more.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It is hard to guess how bad things will be until prepatch hits. Their internal build could be a month ahead of beta, or it could be mostly the same as beta.

I went and looked at a few class discords to see if they had the current bugs sticked (I'm not spending time sifting though discord chat shit). Only the rogue disco was keeping decent track of the bugs, but no one has made a handy dandy picture with the current patch's bugs (rogue) to compare with last patch.

Mechanics wise, it's the same as always, some classes get good shit, other just get shit on. Again, once pre-patch hits, and everyone is playing it, it should be easier to see the flaws in the design.

M+ is going to be 4 new dungeons and 4 old dungeons each season (instead of all 8 new dungeons). It also getting some changes with affixes, gear will scale all the way up to M20, and each level will scale harder. So M20 in Dargonfight will be closer to M25 or some such (I'm not doing the actual math to see what the real equivalence is). I would assume M20 will be equal to the first 3 bosses in Mythic raids...

Raids are the same as they have always been with the exception of a new loot mode, which is priority group loot, or some such. Personal loot is gone.

Read some people complaining that casuals wont have anything to do, but don't care about "casual" content if they are talking about Torgast type stuff and world quest (dailies) type shit, so didn't care to read more.
Heres the breakdown as far as I can tell. Though Vault is different etc.
ilvl.jpg

The third "pillar" to gameplay is supposedly open world content this time around. "Casuals" not having anything to do is only mildly full of shit. They can gear up entirely using this pillar of gameplay and with some competitive pieces, too.

With trades and crafts, factions to raise, collections, they have a lot actually. We've always had these to some extent, but now they have their own path of progression tied to them. By the way Ive seen people talk to about factions, and grinding out trades etc. is that you'll always be able to grind them out - but just like AP, your biggest gain will be your daily allotment and then anything meaningful past that will take hours of grinding. I dont think anyone is a fan of time gating, but it is what it is.

The four factions in at release to grind (with levels similar to Shadowlands covenant grind):
world-of-warcraft-dragonflight-faction-overview.jpg

Then an example of Blacksmithing, (think this one is weaponsmithing) with its multiple levels that basically works like a talent tree. Even herbs, ores etc. have their own talent tree to put points into similar to this:
1070333.jpg

Then you have an entire suit of gear to acquire that has its own perks/stats relevant to crafting:
Mining-profession-equipment-Dragonflight.jpg

But dont be confused by all the new shiny overworld content - it is by far more min/max to do Mythic+ and Raiding. As long as time gating is tacked onto this shit, its useless for the vast majority of people.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shadowlands could have been a cool xpac if it centered around Arthas and Sylvanas. They were really the last open thread since she didn’t really get what she wanted from Wrath. Instead. Well. Tranny Ghosts and Tranny Dragons.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Heres the breakdown as far as I can tell. Though Vault is different etc.
ilvl.jpg

The third "pillar" to gameplay is supposedly open world content this time around. "Casuals" not having anything to do is only mildly full of shit. They can gear up entirely using this pillar of gameplay and with some competitive pieces, too.

With trades and crafts, factions to raise, collections, they have a lot actually. We've always had these to some extent, but now they have their own path of progression tied to them. By the way Ive seen people talk to about factions, and grinding out trades etc. is that you'll always be able to grind them out - but just like AP, your biggest gain will be your daily allotment and then anything meaningful past that will take hours of grinding. I dont think anyone is a fan of time gating, but it is what it is.

The four factions in at release to grind (with levels similar to Shadowlands covenant grind):
world-of-warcraft-dragonflight-faction-overview.jpg

Then an example of Blacksmithing, (think this one is weaponsmithing) with its multiple levels that basically works like a talent tree. Even herbs, ores etc. have their own talent tree to put points into similar to this:
1070333.jpg

Then you have an entire suit of gear to acquire that has its own perks/stats relevant to crafting:
Mining-profession-equipment-Dragonflight.jpg

But dont be confused by all the new shiny overworld content - it is by far more min/max to do Mythic+ and Raiding. As long as time gating is tacked onto this shit, its useless for the vast majority of people.
Hadn’t seen that because I basically shitpost WoW and jerk off to how great vanilla through wrath was.

literally stole that from 14. Probably made it worse.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
50 Ilvl per tier is a big reason this game is ass. Jesus fucks the people in charge have no self control when it comes to gear inflation.

• 2Like

Burns

Hey hey people, did you spend a bunch of time getting tier sets, on your main and alts, so you could use them while leveling in Dragonflight? Well guess what, we changed all the classes so much that we will have to disable those sets when the pre-patch hits...oops.

2022-10-14 11.32.20 www.mmo-champion.com bef4d97a114b.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

Why would anyone ever do that on purpose?
A lot of people don't like leveling, and will use the end of the xpac to get their characters as strong as possible, in order to spend the least amount of time leveling. From what I have read, there are multiple ways to get set items, so it's easier than running alt raids in mythic or heroic.

Back before they started heavily sharding everyone and level scaling zones, I spent a decent chunk of time preping for release, just to get ahead of the mob. There is nothing worse than fighting for taps/spawns. There were always a handful of quests with stupid low drop rates and respawns, that are required to progress, where everyone piled up.