World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You literally should not even care about states while leveling, just put on whatever is highest ilvl

I ask cause of situations like this where the item levels are identical and the main difference is whether it has versatility/crit/haste:

1666576463966.png

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For leveling I always choose crit. Alpha damage is king. Why two shot mobs when you can 1 shot them.

But it also doesn't matter.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1666577976277.png

Crystalsong is still one of the nicest zones I've ever seen in any game, damn.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did they ever actually add quests to that zone? It had like 1/10 the quests of the other zones as I remember. Almost totally skippable other than getting up to Dalaran.
No. It was for the crusader tournament but they were scared of Dalaran lag.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did they ever actually add quests to that zone? It had like 1/10 the quests of the other zones as I remember. Almost totally skippable other than getting up to Dalaran.

Not sure, but I had a few Icecrown quests send me there so I did have quests there. They just didn't originate there.

Did a few levels in Zul, a few in Storm Peaks, wasn't too impressed with either. Icecrown is pretty cool though, did 30-40 there and probably sticking around til SL.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No. It was for the crusader tournament but they were scared of Dalaran lag.
The crusader tournament grounds being in ice crown was most certainly the most retarded lore ever lol.

Also that raid sucked dick coming right off of ulduar which was one of the best ones they had ever done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Cmon, that’s a reach. A rainbow contains a full spectrum of colors and they are giving you a full spectrum of colors to play with

“Fucking Blizzard, instead of just giving us the primary colors, they gave us a prism spectrum of colors! Clearly this is an agenda!!!”

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure, but I had a few Icecrown quests send me there so I did have quests there. They just didn't originate there.

Did a few levels in Zul, a few in Storm Peaks, wasn't too impressed with either. Icecrown is pretty cool though, did 30-40 there and probably sticking around til SL.
I like all the zones in WotLK outside of Borring Tundra, but even that zone kinda grew on me, on successive play throughs on alts. Storm Peaks was the opposite, I thought most of the quest lines were cool, but it was so slow and spread out; so every playthrough with alts, I would try to skip the zone.

Both Storm Peeks and Zul have a slow start. In particular, I found the Gnomes you start with in Storm Peaks some of the most uninteresting quests in that xpac's experience. I really like the Storm Giants, Dwarfs, and everything surrounding Uldar, so it was great going through that zone before doing any of those Dungeons or raids.

As for Crystalsong, it does have some quests that take you through it, but I don't remember if they are all branched out from the Icecrown breadcrumb or if they are from the breadcrumb in Dalaran. Overall, since Dalaran was in the Crystalsong zone, I think they kept the amount of quests low, to keep lag lower.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Or its just the most visual way to categorize icons that arent necessarily named. Plenty of shit to roll your eyes about, but this shit is several years old and is just funny that anyone would actually come to this conclusion.

Im just amused at how people are saying they are dropping ElvUI now, even though ElvUI does a fuck ton more than just make pretty raid frames.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I'm doing the BfA, Battle for Azeroth, start for my new characters. Expansions appear to be purchased per bnet account ... but subscriptions are per sub-account. Currently slow boating through Alliance content to get the achievment that unlocks all the alternative races. Frost Mage and a Protection Paladin ... pretty straight forward and familiar gameplay. Rajaah Rajaah ... gear upgrades are lasting me around five to ten minutes so far.

icy-veins has been my go-to wow site ... wowhead is having problems with my pi-hole and other internet anti-bullshit software I run.

Burns

I'm doing the BfA, Battle for Azeroth, start for my new characters. Expansions appear to be purchased per bnet account ... but subscriptions are per sub-account. Currently slow boating through Alliance content to get the achievment that unlocks all the alternative races. Frost Mage and a Protection Paladin ... pretty straight forward and familiar gameplay. Rajaah Rajaah ... gear upgrades are lasting me around five to ten minutes so far.

icy-veins has been my go-to wow site ... wowhead is having problems with my pi-hole and other internet anti-bullshit software I run.
Icy-veins used to be shit tier info. Like they posted all the noob trap guides that were always bad.

Wowhead has better guides, all in one place. My Pi-Hole stopped working, and I never bothered to fix it, but it worked with wowhead fine, some years ago...

For browser side stuff, I block all their tracking cookies and don't think I had to do anything special with Ublock. My NoScript works with:
Screenshot 2022-10-25 160723.png

The various class Discords are going to have the best/updated class guides.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least for monk, and probably others I'd guess but haven't looked, icy veins and wowhead have the same guide writer and same content, and I use both interchangeably.