World of Warcraft: Current Year

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Copying is part of their culture apparently

This is a pretty poor example though, artists pretty much all begin to learn how to draw by copying stuff, anywhere. Even the greatest artists in history pretty much all started under a master just copying stuff until they knew enough that they could make their own style.

The copying stuff is more than just the artists in China, they copy the concepts, ideas and the execution to make their "own" version of a thing. It's encouraged by the government, so they can use the chinese versions instead of the foreign ones.

• 3Like
  • 2Moron
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

He's right. The photo is a crappy example because it looks like it could be an art class and it actually counters the copy argument being made. If you look closely, the upper left of the canvas is the reference image, but the larger stuff in the middle is what they are actually painting. If you look at the larger images, you'll actually see people are interpreting the reference image in different ways or drawing it differently...which is what you'd expect.

I mean, have you ever taken art class, even in High School? Landscape/still life painting or drawing is a common thing. Now some people might get really funky and really push the landscape/still life into less traditional expressions, but 80% of the class is usually just doing the traditional "I want my image to look as close as possible to the reference as possible".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 457439
I know why this gay stuff gets so much press, but man .. I have to admit, after being guilt tripped into playing the game again, I actually think they did a pretty damn good job on Dragonflight if you can get past the HBO/Netflix adaptations.

A lot of the shit Im doing wasnt even in for beta, so thats a huge plus. They kept going with the UI changes as well and some of them are excellent changes. When I learned they incorporated Clique (healbot, w/e) into the UI - I checked it out and its basic functionality works better than the addons. (No smart shit like Resurrecting someone dead instead of trying to cast the spell thats binded to that key, but still excellent). Game will probably never be as popular as it was in expansions past, but if they keep going this direction - at least itll have some good will as it continues to age.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been googling but seem to only get classic recommendations. I am guessing it doesnt really matter for live but what is the best Horde PvE mage race?

Is it troll still like in classic?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They need to make some changes to classic and then make it free to bring people into the eco system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Been googling but seem to only get classic recommendations. I am guessing it doesnt really matter for live but what is the best Horde PvE mage race?

Is it troll still like in classic?
Wowhead paid top players to write guilds at the start and occasionally update it (maybe), so they should be fairly accurate. They say Troll too. Disclaimer: I dont play a mage.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
15% haste for 10 seconds every 3 minutes doesn’t seem like that much of an advantage, but I suppose any small thing like that does make it technically the “best.” I would play whatever race you like the look of the best, honestly. I never could stand the way the trolls look in WoW.

I do play arcane mage, finally really getting a good grip on it after playing it for a few weeks. I will say it’s kind of difficult to maximize dps, in both raids and m+. There’s so much movement in most of the encounters that I find I’m struggling to play close to my runes of power sometimes. The difference between playing your burst window well and screwing it up is absolutely massive. It can be frustrating.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Racials dont mean anything in retail like it does in classic. Even then its minimal and mostly beneficial for pvp.

• 1Like

Daidraco

15% haste for 10 seconds every 3 minutes doesn’t seem like that much of an advantage, but I suppose any small thing like that does make it technically the “best.” I would play whatever race you like the look of the best, honestly. I never could stand the way the trolls look in WoW.

I do play arcane mage, finally really getting a good grip on it after playing it for a few weeks. I will say it’s kind of difficult to maximize dps, in both raids and m+. There’s so much movement in most of the encounters that I find I’m struggling to play close to my runes of power sometimes. The difference between playing your burst window well and screwing it up is absolutely massive. It can be frustrating.
You must be talking about the lesser Trolls. I love my Zandalari Troll, Titus.
Zandalari.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Had a Fire Mage dropped from my M+ group the other day. 2400's rated group.

"You Fire?" "Yea".

"Sorry thought you were Frost". Kicked.

Weird thing is it was tyrannical week, and Fire Mage is a known boss assassin even in Dragonflight-- their single target burst is crazy. Very few other specs can get close to a fire mage Single Target burst, if at all. So is their uptime on packs really that terrible to warrant kicking the guy out? It's just befuddling to me coming from SL M+ where Fire Mage was nearly mandatory for carrying high keys. Specifically for trash clears.

How did they go from in demand kings of M+ to unwanted and summarily dismissed out of high rated groups?

• 1Like

Animosity

Kinda the same thing with rogues right now. Assassination owns bosses but is so weak against trash. Unlike outlaw that destroys trash.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Had a Fire Mage dropped from my M+ group the other day. 2400's rated group.

"You Fire?" "Yea".

"Sorry thought you were Frost". Kicked.

Weird thing is it was tyrannical week, and Fire Mage is a known boss assassin even in Dragonflight-- their single target burst is crazy. Very few other specs can get close to a fire mage Single Target burst, if at all. So is their uptime on packs really that terrible to warrant kicking the guy out? It's just befuddling to me coming from SL M+ where Fire Mage was nearly mandatory for carrying high keys. Specifically for trash clears.

How did they go from in demand kings of M+ to unwanted and summarily dismissed out of high rated groups?
Frost lets the tank kite at will and last week was spiteful which also helps and is also a boss pumper. Heroic Terros would probably be the best fight to look at that's similar to a m+ boss in terms of fight length and occasional but not constant movement and both other specs are way ahead.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Ive finally sat down enough to get to the point where Im around ~355. Whats the most straight forward path to getting up in the next rank, which hell, I guess thats 359. But I cant target pieces easily in Heroics. Then they talk about storms? etc. Just the low down and dirty of what I should target would be great, please.

Animosity

Ive finally sat down enough to get to the point where Im around ~355. Whats the most straight forward path to getting up in the next rank, which hell, I guess thats 359. But I cant target pieces easily in Heroics. Then they talk about storms? etc. Just the low down and dirty of what I should target would be great, please.
World quests is a very easy way and storms