World of Warcraft: Current Year

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Ive finally sat down enough to get to the point where Im around ~355. Whats the most straight forward path to getting up in the next rank, which hell, I guess thats 359. But I cant target pieces easily in Heroics. Then they talk about storms? etc. Just the low down and dirty of what I should target would be great, please.
Even on DF release we skipped heroic completely, just go M+ and world quest/rares?. Keep in mind world quest and rares scale with your ilvl up until around 380?

Ideally have some geared friends to run some 10ish M+.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
M0s give 372 loot, and you have a chance at loot from every boss, once per week. I’d run those to see the boss mechanics and gear up as much as you can, then dive into M+.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ive finally sat down enough to get to the point where Im around ~355. Whats the most straight forward path to getting up in the next rank, which hell, I guess thats 359. But I cant target pieces easily in Heroics. Then they talk about storms? etc. Just the low down and dirty of what I should target would be great, please.
Storms (can see them on the map, but they are not always up) allow you to grind a currency for 359 gear or something in that range. There are also 4 types of storms, and a quest item drops from each, giving you 2 each of another currency (egg looking icon). There is also a weekly quest in the main city that gives 1. Lastly, Fury Storm (up in Thaldrazas time future) is a quest you can do weekly that gives an epic cache and 2 more of the egg currency. The egg currency is used to upgrade the 359 gear you purchase with the grindable currency to 385.

Go do the Sparks of Ingenuity quests. They don’t take long, and will give you 5 sparks. Those sparks are used to craft pieces of gear started at 392 and can be upgraded to 418. Check your class guide for which slots to craft. Note, 2 handed weapons require 2 sparks, all other items take 1. Crafted items are super cheap, and once you have the upgrade tokens, they can be redrafted to a higher ilevel so no reason to wait.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I should add, if you aren’t familiar with the new profession systems, you don’t need to be a profession or level up a profession to have the BoP spark level gear crafted. Use the craft order system. However, DO NOT put up public orders. If you don’t know a high level crafter of the item you want, look in trade chat for one and then send the craft order to them. This will help ensure you have the highest odds of getting the highest rank (5) of the item crafted. Also, using rank 3 materials rarely adds a tangible benefit to the odds of receiving a rank 5 craft (rank 2 is usually sufficient). Work with the crafter on the quality of mats required.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I should add, if you aren’t familiar with the new profession systems, you don’t need to be a profession or level up a profession to have the BoP spark level gear crafted. Use the craft order system. However, DO NOT put up public orders. If you don’t know a high level crafter of the item you want, look in trade chat for one and then send the craft order to them. This will help ensure you have the highest odds of getting the highest rank (5) of the item crafted. Also, using rank 3 materials rarely adds a tangible benefit to the odds of receiving a rank 5 craft (rank 2 is usually sufficient). Work with the crafter on the quality of mats required.
Ya, I dont have any friends in WoW anymore lol. But Ill try to get that all to work in my favor. Thank you.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Would be a hell of run if they didn't turn into gay turbo faggot ultra American Inventors.

e1075657-df04-4794-8b82-5bb706694339_text.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Elemental Overload gear is base 359 and covers most slots. You can get up to 9 storm sigils per week from the outside stuff and I think maybe some more in primalist future to bump those pieces up to 385. They look good and have set bonuses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
15% haste for 10 seconds every 3 minutes doesn’t seem like that much of an advantage, but I suppose any small thing like that does make it technically the “best.” I would play whatever race you like the look of the best, honestly. I never could stand the way the trolls look in WoW.

I do play arcane mage, finally really getting a good grip on it after playing it for a few weeks. I will say it’s kind of difficult to maximize dps, in both raids and m+. There’s so much movement in most of the encounters that I find I’m struggling to play close to my runes of power sometimes. The difference between playing your burst window well and screwing it up is absolutely massive. It can be frustrating.

Just to add onto this I think they recently made it so that literally any race can be a mage. I could be wrong though. Unless you’re chasing world first who cares about a couple percent we’re all old men.

It’s personal opinion, of course, but I feel like if you’re playing wow again after 18 years of it being out, “pick what looks cool” is probably more applicable than ever.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Elemental Overload gear is base 359 and covers most slots. You can get up to 9 storm sigils per week from the outside stuff and I think maybe some more in primalist future to bump those pieces up to 385. They look good and have set bonuses.
I ended up just annoying the piss out of a couple crafters with a 100 questions, but some gold later and I have an embellished R5 Lariat and Girdle. After those pieces were equipped, the World Quests reset and picked up some 366 gear iirc. Im out of the purple mat, or else I would have picked up some other high item lvl stuff. The crafting system is a bit confusing at first, but its pretty cool after learning everything about them (imo anyways).

Im just shocked at the amount of quests that they have in every nook and cranny of the world, and how many unlock at easch renown tier. Casuals wet dream.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Despite being well received, sales for Dragonflight are still poor. I had fun playing it for a couple months but have barely logged in the last 3-4 weeks. The game just has no social aspect to it anymore. Barely any friends play, you dont need a guild or group to do anything. Need a new WoW Classic server.

• 2Like

Cybsled

I had fun playing it for a couple months but have barely logged in the last 3-4 weeks.

Here is a question then: Based on what you experienced in Dragonflight, would you rate yourself likely to play more once the next major content drop comes out?

I think this is something Blizzard has to adjust to. At a certain point, you're going to hit content drought unless the players can make content to bridge the gap. But so long as players come back, then long term your game will be healthy (even if it has dips).

One somewhat interesting thing I have observed in FF14 is a massive migration of players to the Crystal data center. If you're not familiar with it, Crystal was always painted as the "roleplay/casual" data center and was scored by raiders and the like. But it does well at that label (rp/casual) - there are constantly player run events and stuff happening there. It's quite possible players are moving there because it is able to weather content gaps a bit better, because the community there is better able to bridge that gap. The game does provide a lot of great tools to support that sort of stuff. Personally I think Blizzard needs to enable more of that sort of thing...you need more tools to let players make some content to help shore up the droughts of content.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Despite being well received, sales for Dragonflight are still poor. I had fun playing it for a couple months but have barely logged in the last 3-4 weeks. The game just has no social aspect to it anymore. Barely any friends play, you dont need a guild or group to do anything. Need a new WoW Classic server.

Join the Turtle Wow experience!

• 2Like

Argarth

On the verandah
I cancelled again for two reasons. I don't know anybody who plays WoW anymore, and I just don't care about the Dragon Isles, at all.

No complaints about the game mechanically, I think it's in a great place. Several classes I've enjoyed this time round, leveled them all into the 60s, the reworks, talents trees etc... it's all really good stuff. Probably, I'm just done with Azeroth in general.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users