World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm pretty sure he could have gone afk at the start of every match and still gotten it in under 20.

I didn't bother doing any other PVP during my hunter solo comeback tour. I'm waiting for the ability bloat patch.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I assume stupid question but there's no timeline for the ability bloat patch right? I mean, I would assume like a month and a half before expansion or whatever, so late october/early november or so? Considering maybe picking up the game see what I missed and shit.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
75 was definitely an exaggeration but I'm not sure how that automatically makes me the problem. If all 14 people sat on their ass and I was the only one who did anything, would I still be the problem?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just resubbed and I am looking for some arena/rbgs. I have a season 14 geared arms war, pm me if anyone is running rbgs or arena.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
One other thing I've noticed, queue times for the first three wings of SoO usually are about 15-20 mins for DPS, but for the last wing it's 40-60 mins. What gives?

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
One other thing I've noticed, queue times for the first three wings of SoO usually are about 15-20 mins for DPS, but for the last wing it's 40-60 mins. What gives?
Last 3 bosses require some amount of tactics and can often have wipes even on LFR. So tanks/healers will often bail and just hop to the next raid hoping it will be easier than the last group. Leading to a lot of DPS standing around and waiting while the limited amount of tanks/healers just get near instant queues.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not to mention the first 2 wings drop shit for the legendary cloak and the last two drop absolutely nothing for anyone but actual LFR scrubs.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Alot of tedious as fuck trash for wing 4.
All the trash, even the trash before Garrosh is all trivialized by a Monk. If a Monk is running the right abilities, the DPS has to be piss fucking poor to wipe if they are pulled in intervals. Otherwise, I feel ya... I usually like for trash to be difficult, but after the content has been out for a while - they need to nerf the shit into the ground so you can steam roll right over the fucking shit. But you're likely a Horde player and have to clear way the fuck more trash than Alliance does.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
If I'm impossibly out of touch with this game and would sign up starting from scratch, are there any pointers or should I just stay away? I've flirted with the idea of going back to WoW (I've basically never leveled beyond 40) for a while and I bought all the expansions last Black Friday for like $10 so I'm seriously thinking of giving it a go. But the idea of coming in fresh seems like kind of a laughably bad idea. Maybe I should just do the Emerald Dream thing, but the server stability always seems like shit there.

Any recommended servers or anything? Last time I logged in there were like 700 options. Maybe some are dead or dying or simply not recommended. I appreciate any tips.

Edit: For reference, I'd love to start a new MMO but I'm already done with ESO and Wildstar didn't do anything for me.

Daidraco

If I'm impossibly out of touch with this game and would sign up starting from scratch, are there any pointers or should I just stay away? I've flirted with the idea of going back to WoW (I've basically never leveled beyond 40) for a while and I bought all the expansions last Black Friday for like $10 so I'm seriously thinking of giving it a go. But the idea of coming in fresh seems like kind of a laughably bad idea. Maybe I should just do the Emerald Dream thing, but the server stability always seems like shit there.

Any recommended servers or anything? Last time I logged in there were like 700 options. Maybe some are dead or dying or simply not recommended. I appreciate any tips.

Edit: For reference, I'd love to start a new MMO but I'm already done with ESO and Wildstar didn't do anything for me.
I dont know when the last time you played is, but leveling is a joke and takes only a few days of poop socking or a week of not. A lot of Experience Modifiers (like items or buffs) are available to you and you can probably get a Scroll from someone here, to boot.

Pick the most popular server you can find for your faction, I ended up with Alliance and no pvp so i picked Stormrage. Each faction and PVP decision depicts where you should go. Its not a huge deal, but in the raid scene, youll appreciate a populated server much more than a dead one. Once you're 90, you do Timeless Isle (which some people enjoy, others hate) and immediately start your Legendary Cloak Quest (you can google it, easily). Get your item level to 510, do LFR SoO (because the other LFR's are really just wasting your f'n time, dont listen to the people that tell you to do them. Trust me.) Then the game basically revolves around you pushing yourself into higher difficulties of SoO and doing whatever other random shit you want to do. I really didnt miss much, because the game doesnt have some elaborate system that you need to follow.

Edit: There really is no negative to starting World of Warcraft late. If anything, youll get further into difficult content, quicker, with less effort, than you would have if you started the expansion upon release.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
holy crap this legendary line. on chapter 3, gotta run LFR ToT's again.. no so fun.
First 2 wings of SoO drops legendary stuff, but running ToT as well obviously gives you more chances. You might be able to find pugs (as opposed to lfrs) that will be a lot less painful if you use oqueue or openraid.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
First 2 wings of SoO drops legendary stuff, but running ToT as well obviously gives you more chances. You might be able to find pugs (as opposed to lfrs) that will be a lot less painful if you use oqueue or openraid.
just finished up all of ToT, 2 drops. FML.

edit: all 20 bosses, 2 drops!

spronk

FPS noob
Nice, thanks for the info. I'll probably start something up tonight.
i'd recommend waiting until october or so, a month before blizzcon. between now and then the game will just continue to bleed players. In October a TON of people are going to come back - fall, Blizzcon, and the 6.0 patch should be hitting in Oct or Nov. Will probably be a ton more deals to lure unsubbed players to come back then too.

Daidraco

the fuck, rofl
Horde players have to clear that fucking trash in the room before Siege Crafter. The bastards are usually just Ice blocks or polymorphed for Alliance. All in an effort to "fit in with the story line." Unless theyve changed it. Ive heard people bitching about that shit forever now, though. Im Alliance though, and my shit dont stink. /strut

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But hey, at least you have a 0.0005% chance at getting a special pet or mount off the warlord guy in that room. Can't even remember which.