World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tol_sl

shitlord
The LFR stuff looks drab, but there's so much transmog gear out there that everyone's still going to look like comic book superheros. I bet most people just keep their current appearance. The LFR stuff especially looks like vanilla launch models. I can't imagine most people are going to give up their everything-but-the-kitchen-sink radioactive glowy shoulderpads and shit for that.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I only ever transmog my weapons, usually. Most of the Weapons a Monk can use look horrible. Wtf is this, a big ass blue claw? did we kill Barney or something and I missed it? Oh, now its red! Variety!

Needless

Toe Sucker
If only fist weapons actually were displayed, and implemented into monk animations.
It gets dull only punching people with your bare fist

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I only ever transmog my weapons, usually. Most of the Weapons a Monk can use look horrible. Wtf is this, a big ass blue claw? did we kill Barney or something and I missed it? Oh, now its red! Variety!
BlackFlame Daggers from Timeless, yo. My monk looks bad fucking ass rocking that.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm torn on whom i want to focus on when the expac comes out ;_; first world problems
I should really just stop looking at their changes because everything changes on an almost daily basis.

Was excited about rogues, now they're pretty much what they are currently which is boring

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I'm torn on whom i want to focus on when the expac comes out ;_; first world problems
I should really just stop looking at their changes because everything changes on an almost daily basis.

Was excited about rogues, now they're pretty much what they are currently which is boring
I'm holding out for a new hero class, but I'm of the mind they're going to drop that as part of purely financial move. Almost guaranteed they have something like that very near ready to go and if they drop below X amount of subscribers, they'll launch it and ride a wave for returning player money for 2 years, minimum.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm holding out for a new hero class, but I'm of the mind they're going to drop that as part of purely financial move. Almost guaranteed they have something like that very near ready to go and if they drop below X amount of subscribers, they'll launch it and ride a wave for returning player money for 2 years, minimum.
I think this was around the time of the blizzcon reveal of WoD, but one of the devs basically said there wouldn't be another hero class because nobody took DK's seriously when they were released (they got to skip the first 57ish levels, free gear, bags, etc). The general community didn't feel like DK players were as committed to their characters, weren't as skilled... he had a laundry list of supposed feedback. That's why monks start at level 1 instead of 75 or whatever the hero class equivalent would've been.

Daidraco

I think this was around the time of the blizzcon reveal of WoD, but one of the devs basically said there wouldn't be another hero class because nobody took DK's seriously when they were released (they got to skip the first 57ish levels, free gear, bags, etc). The general community didn't feel like DK players were as committed to their characters, weren't as skilled... he had a laundry list of supposed feedback. That's why monks start at level 1 instead of 75 or whatever the hero class equivalent would've been.
I still dont take DK's seriously.
tongue.png

Salshun_sl

shitlord
The only type of hero class that would be taken seriously is someone already at max level that started some fucked up, nightmarish 1 year real time quest that upon completion allowed him to start that class with said toon. Something that made the cloak shit look like a 10 minute daily.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only type of hero class that would be taken seriously is someone already at max level that started some fucked up, nightmarish 1 year real time quest that upon completion allowed him to start that class with said toon. Something that made the cloak shit look like a 10 minute daily.
And then make its only spec Healing.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I think this was around the time of the blizzcon reveal of WoD, but one of the devs basically said there wouldn't be another hero class because nobody took DK's seriously when they were released
Hell they've been repeatedly saying that since during WotLK's lifespan. Even longer than that if you consider the LK alpha where they said, "Yeah so you know how we're calling DK a hero class? Well we changed our mind and don't want them to be more powerful than other classes, so 'hero' just means they start at higher level, that's all."

If Blizzard ever implemented what we would all want out of an actual hero class, they would need to release multiple hero classes simultaneously. So, no they are never going to put in hero classes, and I'm sure as fuck they don't already have them 'ready to go' right now.

Daidraco

Hell they've been repeatedly saying that since during WotLK's lifespan. Even longer than that if you consider the LK alpha where they said, "Yeah so you know how we're calling DK a hero class? Well we changed our mind and don't want them to be more powerful than other classes, so 'hero' just means they start at higher level, that's all."

If Blizzard ever implemented what we would all want out of an actual hero class, they would need to release multiple hero classes simultaneously. So, no they are never going to put in hero classes, and I'm sure as fuck they don't already have them 'ready to go' right now.
Very liberal doses of sarcasm in this thread and you're acting really serious. Its not like someones nonchalantly making fun of retarded babies. Slow downnn!

rrr_img_68055.jpg

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I wonder why they called it a 'hero' when DK was just really another class. I think hero I think Jedi in the original SWG. Anyways, with insta 80s, it's not like skipping levels is a big deal anymore

They should make a real hero class, but make it really really difficult. No long SWG quest, just something super tough. For some reason this comes to mind:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Originally weren't hero classes supposed to be like upgraded classes, like to become a DK you would need a paladin, perform a quest and it'd make you into a DK and shit? I think that's when they started to mention it, but by the time WotlK rolled they stopped calling it a hero class and just called it a normal class, or maybe they kept the name because of the whole "don't have to do the terrible vanilla content" thing.