World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't want to watch the cinematics (wanted them to be fresh whilst leveling), but I guess if everyone is gonna be talking about them, I might as well :/
Yea. I dont give a f'k what they say. Im not looking till release.
tongue.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I only watched the one, I'm not gonna watch the rest. I couldn't resist looking if they looked any better (they do). New models in use and everything. Sorry bros
tongue.png
I won't be talkin' bout it til release. Maybe. Maybe I'll have to watch them. haha

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wow, I totally forgot about these accommodations that are account-wide and it makes rep grinding so much faster wtf. Did they continue this idea in WoD? I'm glad I spent the boring as fuck months of rep grinding MoP before I quit on my druid and now have just about everything at revered so I can buy those tokens. Fuck ya.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I don't really plan on jumping back into this game, I just don't have the time. Spoiled the cinematics for myself. Even if they didn't really make any sense, they were so good.

Loved to see Thrall take out Garrosh. Fitting and awesome end.

I'm kinda sad now though because I won't be there when the xpac launches. I've been there on day one of all the other xpacs and this'll be the first I'll miss. I haven't subscribed in months, but with this new xpac coming out and knowing I won't take part, it feels like the actual end for me.

So long, WoW. Thanks for the memories.

Daidraco

Yeah, I don't really plan on jumping back into this game, I just don't have the time. Spoiled the cinematics for myself. Even if they didn't really make any sense, they were so good.

Loved to see Thrall take out Garrosh. Fitting and awesome end.

I'm kinda sad now though because I won't be there when the xpac launches. I've been there on day one of all the other xpacs and this'll be the first I'll miss. I haven't subscribed in months, but with this new xpac coming out and knowing I won't take part, it feels like the actual end for me.

So long, WoW. Thanks for the memories.
Its totally up to you - but I just have a hard time believing someone that loves gaming couldnt spare 3-4 hours a week. You can Pug up to Normal reliably because most of the playerbase isnt new to WoW. You can cross server everything except Mythic. Its not like you have a time schedule to do certain activities in an.. mmo?

IE. I dont believe that excuse from anyone unless you're constantly doing field training exercises or similar. Just say what you really mean. lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Those Lords of War things... the vignettes are cool but god damn the little cinematic intros are so badly scripted. 'Uhh shit guys, we need a segue.' 'Wait, I know!!! Just make Varian ask something cryptic about the theme of each clan and then the vindicator can go WELL ACTUALLY!!!' Why do they need an 'excuse' to have expository dialogue, it's called a briefing.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Its totally up to you - but I just have a hard time believing someone that loves gaming couldnt spare 3-4 hours a week. You can Pug up to Normal reliably because most of the playerbase isnt new to WoW. You can cross server everything except Mythic. Its not like you have a time schedule to do certain activities in an.. mmo?

IE. I dont believe that excuse from anyone unless you're constantly doing field training exercises or similar. Just say what you really mean. lol
It's been a downward spiral with gaming for me.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love gaming -- I still read gaming sites every day, come to RR to discuss, or watch YouTube during lunch breaks -- I just can't devote an hour a night playing games anymore. Every now and then I'll get a block of time on the weekend, but those are so few and far between that I'll be forever behind the curve or I'll forget the backstory.

Yeah, I play casual games on my phone (see Brave Frontier), but I can drop those at any moment. I've had to bail on Hearthstone games before my gaming time is that disjointed. I gave up on that when I realized I'd been tanking arena runs. I just can't devote time to gaming anymore, let alone an MMO.

And if you want a reason, it's because I married to a non-gamer who works more than me, so I'm responsible for the majority of the chores. But in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather spend time with her in the evenings and read about gaming news/culture throughout the day than not be a part of it at all.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hit 90 today, so excited. Been fun running dungeons all day but Jesus I should have looked more into it so I knew to go to timeless isle right away to get gear.

Although, hilariously enough after I hit 90 today on my human pally (I like grinding reps because I'm retarded), and two friends decide today they're gonna start playing again. Of course both are fuckin' horde. God damn it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I thought Hexos was obnoxious... until Nibbleh. Fuck that buggy POS. The thing randomly stops to wipe you sometimes.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hexos is totally fine unless you lag out, Nibbleh is ACTUALLY a piece of shit and took me a shitload of attempts back when they added him.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember him being that hard, but this is like the only fight in the history of WoW where blizzard doesn't hate melee and I was a paladin.

Daidraco

Hit 90 today, so excited. Been fun running dungeons all day but Jesus I should have looked more into it so I knew to go to timeless isle right away to get gear.

Although, hilariously enough after I hit 90 today on my human pally (I like grinding reps because I'm retarded), and two friends decide today they're gonna start playing again. Of course both are fuckin' horde. God damn it.
I would do anything for the first post in big threads to be wiki-like so simple shit like this people could know/find easily. I didnt leave Timeless for quite some time on my first character. Even going through LFR and Flex SoO - I was still getting the TI Gear Upgrades to 540.

I lost my temper more than once with Hexos. If I knew it was going to be like that before I started - I would have never attempted his ass. God almighty I hated that encounter so bad. I killed Nibbleh on my second run though. I think Dandai is right, cause being a monk - he was just a pussy imo.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I started levling fishing waiting for LFRs cause what the hell why not and I wish they would do some more things like that fishing daily boss or the lurker from SSC or that big crocodile fuck from ZG back in the day. Just have a super rare occurrence of being able to fish up a big dick boss depending on where you are in the world? That'd be awesome.

But I guess fish bots probably ruined that possibility long ago.

Daidraco

I started levling fishing waiting for LFRs cause what the hell why not and I wish they would do some more things like that fishing daily boss or the lurker from SSC or that big crocodile fuck from ZG back in the day. Just have a super rare occurrence of being able to fish up a big dick boss depending on where you are in the world? That'd be awesome.

Truth be told, I like fishing in "some" games. Final Fantasy 14 fishing wasnt half bad. But if they would just work on some type of fishing mechanic that would make it more enjoyable, people wouldnt be able to use something so easy as a pixel tracker to do it for them. Cast, Click, loot, cast, click, loot. Shits so basic in the grand scheme of things. Ive seen some Stand Alone fishing games that had some fun looking mechanics. Redesigning fishing and taking into account just a compiled list ofFishing Terms like this- would give designers an multitude of design decisions.

Like this ~ Ive been doing this for years and never knew it had a specific name:

Texas rig (Texas-rigged)? The method of securing a hook to a soft-plastic bait, such as a worm, lizard or crawfish, so that the hook is weedless (doesn?t protrude). Typically, a slip sinker (often a bullet sinker) is threaded onto the line and then a hook is tied to the end of the fish line. The hook (often an offset hook) is inserted into the head of the soft-plastic bait for about one-quarter of an inch and brought through until only the eye is still embedded in the soft-plastic bait. The hook is then rotated and the point is embedded slightly into the body of the soft-plastic worm without coming out the opposite side. Many anglers try to ensure the bait stays straight once it is Texas-rigged.

But yea, I would love to see them do more with fishing again. WOTLK was the pinnacle of fishing imo.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
anyone running a normal garrosh kill ? im 7/14 this week on normal 10. 537 arms Rogosh#1527 let me know
smile.png

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Hexos is totally fine unless you lag out, Nibbleh is ACTUALLY a piece of shit and took me a shitload of attempts back when they added him.
I only got it by doing RP walk + Move Pad. My key bindings are not conducive to holding back while also attacking, they're optimized for strafing + attacking which caused some problems when I tried walking sideways to kill him.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I only got it by doing RP walk + Move Pad. My key bindings are not conducive to holding back while also attacking, they're optimized for strafing + attacking which caused some problems when I tried walking sideways to kill him.
I finally beat it with the move pad as well. It still bugged out about 10 attempts in a row but eventually he didn't stop randomly and wipe me.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Good to see that alliance is still absolute garbage at pvp 100% of the time :|
Except games where very little pvp is possible, we usually win those lmao

kaxfenix

N00b
Good to see that alliance is still absolute garbage at pvp 100% of the time :|
Except games where very little pvp is possible, we usually win those lmao
Yep I wonder if I would be more of a PVP'er if I was horde...

I couldn't help my self on the cinematics..... They were fantastic.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

Is there a speed up mechanic to level up fishing quickly? I know with cooking and engineering if your skill level is low you can get 5 skill points per item made. I assume the other trade skills work similarly. I've never bothered with fishing because its boring but if there is a way to speed it up I would do it to prep for WoD cooking.