World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow I see what people were saying but the new arms warrior rotation is not awesome feeling. It feels really weird to use whirlwind as my filler move for utter lack of anything else to do 90% of the time.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow I see what people were saying but the new arms warrior rotation is not awesome feeling. It feels really weird to use whirlwind as my filler move for utter lack of anything else to do 90% of the time.
I read that warrior dps is very boring now. I liked Arms, it was very fun to play pre-patch. Thankfully I can play Protection/Gladiator on my warrior alt
wink.png

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
The one reason why i unsubbed during MoP is simply because at some point, you run out of content. I really did take my sweet ass time, casually playing, doing lfrs, doing cloak quests, doing normal raids and so on. But like every product from blizzard, their biggest problem is blizzard themselves. They just cant deliver content at a reasonable rate. SoO is the shining exemple of this. At the end of the day, one finds it pretty insulting that their monthly fee is only for the tuesday maintenance patch.

Thats how WoW should be played tho. You do your shit slowly enough hoping new content will be released once youre done and if not, unsub till more is released.... a year later.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So I'm a Paladin main in all kinds of games, what are the current state of Paladins in the various roles going into WoD? I'm hearing some ret hate (reminds me of pre BC ret statements). Are holy and prot still okay. I was a huge fan of what they did with prot in WoTLK>Cata era (avenger shield implementation and burstiness).

Thanks Boy'os.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I like that they removed the "Inquisition" spell/ability but from what I've seen in other forums, ret isn't that strong in it's current state.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I read that warrior dps is very boring now. I liked Arms, it was very fun to play pre-patch. Thankfully I can play Protection/Gladiator on my warrior alt
wink.png
It does seemingly good damage but feels really awkward. Mortal strike has a long cool down so basically you start fight with collosus strike with long cool down, mortal strike then rend which lasts a long time. So now once you are waiting for those to come back you can seemingly auto attack or hit whirl wind throwing in sudden death executes as time permits. It seems really wacky to just grind whirlwind on single targets but I don't see how you would avoid it currently. I miss overpower not sure why they got rid of it because in getting rid of it they just replaced the button with rend that used to get applied automatically so it did not trim a button it just swapped a decent active option for a mostly passive one.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unfortunately patch came today for us in europe and I have yet to check the changes for all the classes. Did they get rid of deep wounds?
I'm more oriented towards other classes for picking a main character to play in WoD, but I kinda liked the warrior. Unfortunately they simplified a bit too much in too many places, war is not alone, but I didn't expect a 2 button mash fest.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
What server do most play on? Also, is it still the popular choice to group and/or raid? Or are there so many distracting features that the player base is segregated? I understand PvP and Arena is probably popular but I hear there are a lot of mini-games or is that exaggerated? Most of my friends are WoW-haters now days.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Now's the time to hop back in. Especially if you have the boost. You can get the title and pet and get the story line part started.

Also I'm torn between toy bank and reagent bank as best-new-change. My bank space tripled. I do have some "toys" that were already known, but my guess is that the quest rewards were flagged to be "autogiven". Also the mount page showing which faction a mount is owned by is pretty nice, because I kept looking for some "new" mounts from an old character and couldn't find them (derp, wrong faction). Now at least I know.

There's so many little tweaks to the UI that completely removed some small-mod I had added (not just from 6.0 changes) that make it so much easier to play. Numbers on CDs, "Random favorite mount", bag sort, etc.

Did UBRS launch? How'd it go? I did the achievement part last night for the pet and title and promptly passed out.
UBRS is pretty easy, and quick - I noticed a lot of healers having trouble though for some reason. Ran it a few times and got the 550 plate chest.... need the ring now. I was pulling a solid 10k dps as arms warrior. TEN K!!! Feels weird, man.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not sure about deep wounds I did not get a ton of time to play last night. I do know arms now is required again to apply rend manually and it is no longer just auto applied. One of the talents gives you 3 extra rage a tick for rends on targets feeds into the aoe sillyness of arms now rend three targets and there is pretty much nothing stopping you from twirling all day long.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Need BG wins for Legendary quest, BG queues aren't firing. FML. They need to auto-complete anyone with the quest, or remove it from the requirements. Something, anything, and soon. It was going to be tough to finish the damned quest on time anyway.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
tried the ubrs scenario bit- first 3 bosses as a Barely geared druid tank (540 gear level- i don't tank except in emergencies-normally i am a restoration shaman) and people getting adjusted to the new system- friends i do weekend flex/normal soo (first 2 wings, we never make it beyond that due to flux of people changing/not showing, once we get decent group together, people drop out) did ok, my dps with an ok weapon(island one not soo- i have not had any luck there) was second to my wife's hunter(she HAS normal SOO crossbow) it was not hard-just have to get used to the changes- my wife was like argh i don't have this one, i don't have that one- couldn't find her revive pet spell one time either.

also went healing as a restoration shaman- 560ish gear level- (i'm old school, i have ZERO healing "assistant" add ons-i don't need em)besides losing greater healing wave and earth shock, my rotation was esentially the same, i just moved a few buttons presses and tossed my healing tide totem to where riptide was so i drop it more often- had no issues with that.
only issue i had/have so far was the splitting of the totems-again-to not be "drop down grouped" ie one button accessable totems- i liked the groupage we had before

and i had to disable several addon's due to errors- spellflash, xperl, a few battle pet ones etc.

one thing iLoveis the reagent bag and the stacking to 200 for reagents. i went from having a full bank with 2-full- 36 slot reagent bags, to having- excluding the reagent "BAG" 111 empty bank slots on my shaman. oh ya toy box helped there a bit too,,,,

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, if anyone has an ally guild selling normal garrosh kills, I'd be down to pay for one for the heirloom wep.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Feels like mages got fucked. Have no way to regen health in combat at all. Take huge damage from shit. Hooray for being the only class without some self healing, I'm sure this will turn out great.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jesus, just the changes to size of reagent stacks does wonders for my OCD/packrat inventory.

If anyone else wants to try before re-subbing, I took someone's advice from earlier in the thread and did a live chat with Blizzard CS. Told them I wanted to try out the new content before re-subbing, and they gave me 7 days. Said it would take 1-2 hours, but it was on my account within 15 minutes.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Jesus, just the changes to size of reagent stacks does wonders for my OCD/packrat inventory.

If anyone else wants to try before re-subbing, I took someone's advice from earlier in the thread and did a live chat with Blizzard CS. Told them I wanted to try out the new content before re-subbing, and they gave me 7 days. Said it would take 1-2 hours, but it was on my account within 15 minutes.
I'll probably end up doing this sometime this week, great tip.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Enhancement shaman are more fun to play now even after ability pruning largely thanks to how Echo of the Elements works now. It procs a lot so that means back to back Stormstrikes or Lava Lashes. I was definitely killing mobs a lot faster than I was prior to the patch so first impression seems like enhancement are more powerful after the patch.

Earth Shock was removed but replaced by Frost Shock in the rotation so you are still pressing the same amount of buttons. Losing the damage component of Unleash Elements is about the only negative aspect of the changes to the spec.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What's that addon that hand-holds your way through questing for the quickest/most efficient path? Decided to just level a new Monk from scratch on Horde side (Area 52) for this expac.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What's that addon that hand-holds your way through questing for the quickest/most efficient path? Decided to just level a new Monk from scratch on Horde side (Area 52) for this expac.
Updated mod list in general would be appreciated. Nothing class specific unless you really want to spend the time. Thanks!