World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll probably end up doing this sometime this week, great tip.
Ret will be fine, they're very strong in WoD... right now they aren't (in pve) but who gives a shit, this content is literally pointless for the next month anyway lol
they're still pretty damn monsterous atm in pvp though if you're into that.

Once they start getting perks in WoD, they pick up quite a bit.. but like most classes they aren't scaled at this level, so take what they are right now with a grain of salt.

--

I haven't tried prot at all in wod, or this patch but i plan on it once i hit level 100, or i can probably just give it a shot on the beta at some point.

Holy seems alright though, it's incredibly shitty to have lost instant casts on Eternal Flame and Light of Dawn... but everybody lost that functionality for the most part.
You can pretty much spam holy radiance, flash of light or any heal for the entire duration of a fight since manage regen currently is very fast so dropping to low mana actually takes a lot of casting. I've been usingSoothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assaultprimarily because i don't have a lot of gear on my holy paladin-but it actually seems really good with this current tier.. since it refreshes almost 30% of your mana lol (it says like 3k on that site, but its actually 10.8k or so in game.)

In the current state of the game, imo, the best tank is a blood DK by far, and the best healer is a resto druid by far.
No clue how it'll end up in WoD though.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What's that addon that hand-holds your way through questing for the quickest/most efficient path? Decided to just level a new Monk from scratch on Horde side (Area 52) for this expac.
If you have heirlooms just spec Brew (or whatever the monk tank spec is) and queue RDF from town. Could probably just queue as tank in dps spec at still faceroll.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you have heirlooms just spec Brew (or whatever the monk tank spec is) and queue RDF from town. Could probably just queue as tank in dps spec at still faceroll.
Stat squish has killed that era of leveling. Low-to-Mid level mobs are improperly squished. Shit like -20% health and -10% damage to the NPCs while players got -90% damage and -50% survivability. The first trash pack of instances is wiping groups in full heirloom gear now.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Stat squish has killed that era of leveling. Low-to-Mid level mobs are improperly squished. Shit like -20% health and -10% damage to the NPCs while players got -90% damage and -50% survivability. The first trash pack of instances is wiping groups in full heirloom gear now.
FFS. Bungie take over?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
There is a lot of QQing on the forums about the stat squish for sub 90s. The players complaining the most are upset that they can't pull multiple rooms at a time and AOE face roll them with zero challenge or risk. The posters who actually like having somewhat of a challenge are getting downvoted heavily by the pro-faceroll crowd.

Anyone know if Blizzard has officially commented on whether the stat squish is working as intended or if there is a confirmed bug with low/mid level mob stat squish making it harder than intended?

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can you use the pre made group finder as a party? How do you get into the same group with your buddies?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If the stat squish is bringing challenge back, I'll start playing again. I suspect a nerf is incoming.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Rotation wise I think ret pally is about perfect. It's the same as it was you just don't have to refresh inquisition which I felt was a rather clunky mechanic. A couple of cooldowns are gone (including devo) so they have less utility than before. Their DPS is still weak comparatively at lvl 90 but I've never had an issue where I was so low in DPS that it was detrimental to the group.

Radge_sl

shitlord
Rotation wise I think ret pally is about perfect. It's the same as it was you just don't have to refresh inquisition which I felt was a rather clunky mechanic. A couple of cooldowns are gone (including devo) so they have less utility than before. Their DPS is still weak comparatively at lvl 90 but I've never had an issue where I was so low in DPS that it was detrimental to the group.
After doing a couple of dungeons runs, it feels like the issue is that they removed Inquisition and yet didn't balance out the baseline damage to compensate for it. Hopefully it'll fix itself post-90.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What's that addon that hand-holds your way through questing for the quickest/most efficient path? Decided to just level a new Monk from scratch on Horde side (Area 52) for this expac.
ZYgor guide. You have to pay for it, or you can download it for free from the usual places.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Most of what was predicted by PTR/Simcrafting at level 100 with WOD raid gear isn't much different than what we're seeing now at 90. The only lv90 surprises are fire mages at the top with wars/dest locks while balance druids and both shaman specs are actually middle class instead of sharing the shit pile with hunters/pals.

Iron Juggernaut/Malkorok parse breakdown: Fury war, dest locks, fire mages are gods. Hunters and ret pals are shit piles. Every other dps spec is comfortably in between. And this covers roughly a 40% gap in damage - aka total dogshit.

Surv/BM are below tanks.

Also, I fucking hate marks.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Good thing I have a 90 dest lock... I really want to paladin though so I might just do it to be a hipster.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I hate to be all "the sky is falling" but how often is a class total dogshit in a .0 patch and magically fixed at any point before the .1 patch five months later? Fucking never?

Every goddamn expansion this happens. Either it's a great spec that gets massively over nerfed a few weeks in (mop fire mages) or it's a class that takes two or three raid tiers to get any spec capable of being anywhere near competitive (WOLK mages, hunters ever since cata,etc)

Vitality

HUSTLE
I hate to be all "the sky is falling" but how often is a class total dogshit in a .0 patch and magically fixed at any point before the .1 patch five months later? Fucking never?

Every goddamn expansion this happens. Either it's a great spec that gets massively over nerfed a few weeks in (mop fire mages) or it's a class that takes two or three raid tiers to get any spec capable of being anywhere near competitive.
Yeah you have a pretty good point. Especially considering blizzards update delay.

I'm probably going to disregard all that and go the hipster route anyways. Example: I'm maining an Erudite Paladin pre-velious lol.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
For people trying to PUG raid with Blizzard's new system instead of oQueue: be warned. It seems like simply the requirement of downloading and updating oQueue kept a lot of morons out of the system. Now everyone can get in there. I used to get 10n Garrosh kills through oQueue, now the groups can't even beat the first wing anymore. After finally getting a decent group to beat wing 1 after like 8 failures, now I've cycled through four groups that can't even kill the Galakras trash without wiping, healers are 560+ ilvl but can't even output 50k HPS and we die to the bonecrusher shout AoEs.

Needless

Toe Sucker
As a developer (web, not game) I can relate what these developers are feeling, and it's incredibly painful to read their official forums.. its littered with genuinely retarded people that have no clue how anything related to coding, or programming works, i wish i could slap some of them IRL.

It sucks, but shit happens when you have 7 million people bored of your content and want something new, 7 million people demanding the new patch even though you know it's not ready yet thousands, almost hundreds of thousands are unsubbing every month if you don't.

Then this shit happens lol

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
HotFix for the levelling dungeons confirmed.

6.0.2 Stat Squish Leveling Concerns - Forums - World of Warcraft

I'm hoping they nerf SoO too. At this point I'd never do that bullshit again if I didn't want my loom. Garrosh is all sorts of fucked as he, his adds and empowered MCs have like 20% more health than usual. My guild who can usually get to phase 3 with 0 empowered whirls got 3 on average and wound up wiping to MCs because we simply ran out of interrupts before we could DPS the empowered MCs out. This was with 10, I hear its easier with groups of 20ish.

Radge_sl

shitlord
For people trying to PUG raid with Blizzard's new system instead of oQueue: be warned. It seems like simply the requirement of downloading and updating oQueue kept a lot of morons out of the system. Now everyone can get in there. I used to get 10n Garrosh kills through oQueue, now the groups can't even beat the first wing anymore. After finally getting a decent group to beat wing 1 after like 8 failures, now I've cycled through four groups that can't even kill the Galakras trash without wiping, healers are 560+ ilvl but can't even output 50k HPS and we die to the bonecrusher shout AoEs.
It may not just be PUG raids, alot of healers are having a tough time adapting. I don't think SoO was/is built around the new healing system. The new healing "process" is based on constant low level heals to counter constant low level damage. Currently, Siege has massive spike damage and healers lost most of their ability to quickly heal through it.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Sounds like what is going on is players haven't learned yet how to play the new version of the game. Healers may have 560+ gear but healing mechanics were redesigned across the board to make it harder. Healers actually have to think now. Tanks and DPS also have to play smarter to reduce the amount of damage they take.

The people QQing about it the most on the forums give me the impression they are the kind of player who grew up getting trophies for just participating.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah most healing specs lost almost all of their ability to burst heal, so spikes can be really bad on some encounters.