World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well they truly did make Garrosh LFR mode - his charms now cap out at 2 no matter what raid size you have. That and his undertuned HP are why he's suddenly so goddamn easy. A giant zerg ball has basically a 99% chance of success*.

*ruined by 99% of players being absolute retards

My main issue with ass spec is I don't know when it is worth FOKing and when I should just ignore adds and plow boss. AOE is almost always a DPS loss, especially when vendetta is up. It's not nearly as intuitive as "blade flurry on/blade flurry off!" I don't get to do retarded DPS during p1 garrosh like combat rogues or warriors etc.

Tol_sl

shitlord
A giant zerg ball has basically a 99% chance of success*.

Last night in a pug, I watched a full raid of lvl 565+s completely ignore the MCs in phase 3. They all thought they could just burn through it, and made it to 0.7% before the wipe. Luckily they got their shit together the next attempt (only 4 people died to standing in purple that time).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I gave up on a mostly guilded group because their healer + a dps kept dying to the very first annihilate. The pugs were all doing 2-3x the damage/healing of the craptastic guild.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Well they truly did make Garrosh LFR mode - his charms now cap out at 2 no matter what raid size you have. That and his undertuned HP are why he's suddenly so goddamn easy. A giant zerg ball has basically a 99% chance of success*.

My main issue with ass spec is I don't know when it is worth FOKing and when I should just ignore adds and plow boss. AOE is almost always a DPS loss, especially when vendetta is up. It's not nearly as intuitive as "blade flurry on/blade flurry off!" I don't get to do retarded DPS during p1 garrosh like combat rogues or warriors etc.
I would usually time it with a 5 point envenom buff.. the damage doesn't really come from the actual FoKs, it's from applying the poisonings and keeping them up on numerous mobs at once.

Then again, with this patch theres virtually no health on "adds" so you could probably just envenom, then fok once or twice and continue on the boss... just to get poisons applied on the adds.

---

I didn't expect Metallica to close Blizzcon at all, but thats cool I guess... wonder what they'll be playing?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
That's pretty much what I was doing. Only FOK during envenom, but still keeping rupture on garrosh. It was pretty terrible numbers wise (dps neutral at best), but in the end those 30k cleavers were below me anyway.

Vendetta is a bit annoying - 20 seconds of plowing boss and fuck everything else. But I'd still do weapons/mc's because of necessity.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Well, you always have crimson tempest too if you have excess combo points to spend, which i imagine you should while foking. Wouldn't mind running with some non brain dead Horde folks tonight if anyone could use a 550 assassination rogue for normal/heroics.

Needless

Toe Sucker
CT was never really worth using.
You got more bang for your buck by just keeping the envenom buff up while spamming FoK.

I don't think that changed in 6.0.2 either, at least not until you get the perk for it.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Decided to take off work so I could game all day and get back up to speed for WoD. Then realized it's Tuesday... fucking Tuesday.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've already seen Metallica something like 7 times and I think the most I ever paid was $60, and that was with Guns and Roses and Faith no More and only an hour away.

My imagined sterotype of the average MMO player dedicated enough to go to an event like Blizzcon makes me think Baby Metal would be more appropriate. (google it.. and be afraid)

Tol_sl

shitlord
Garrosh should have been executed whileride the lightningplayed and thencall of Kthulucould be the soundtrack to the next old god fight. MMOMetallica

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I last saw Metallica during the summer sanatarium tour,(9ish year ago) had LP and Limp Biscuit etc, they played well but wasn't really a show, LP performance was the highlight.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Metallica is playing at Blizzcon
I saw that. That is a huge amount of money thrown to book an act like that and as far as I can tell there is almost nothing interesting likely to be announced at blizzcon this year other than maybe a reskinned warcraft 3.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Last Metallica show introduced me to Gojira, so that was cool. They opened with "Oroborus" and "The Heaviest Matter in the Universe" and yeah, instant hooked. Mario for the fucking win.Gojira - The Heaviest Matter of The Universe (Live at Vieilles Charrues Festival 2010) - YouTube

They are better live now than when James was trying to be a high pitched metal singer and the whole alcoholica days. I've seen every tour since Puppets. It helps that they removed the entire post-grunge era from their setlist.

They hardly ever do the instrumentals anymore though. Aside from Trujilo teasing bits of Orion or Anestesia (and doing it justice because he doesn't use a pick). So likely no Call of Kthulu played over Warcraft movie footage.

Thing is, will they get to use their own rig, or whatever shitpile the venue slaps together? Metallica in a small theater would be a fucking treat. I've seen (new) Alice in Chains and Foo Fighters in a place that only holds 1500 and the difference is like, lifelong memorable.

Will they be showing movie footage? And reskinned war3 would be tits. Not "I'm buying it again" tits because I've played the campaign like a dozen times, but still tits.