World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dom_sl

shitlord
They've been saying for a while now that they finally got their shit together and structured themselves to provide patches more often, with even patches being big, and odd patches being on the smaller side. It's no surprise really, as the time between the last patch of cata and MoP's release was rather lengthy, and they lost a lot of people due to it.

That said, my thoughts on it are that it's pretty awesome. Looking forward to new shit is a big reason to stay interested. However, I hope that they somehow don't pump out too much content too fast (lol) because feeling like you're constantly playing catchup fucking sucks.

Rime

<Donor>
They've been saying for a while now that they finally got their shit together and structured themselves to provide patches more often, with even patches being big, and odd patches being on the smaller side. It's no surprise really, as the time between the last patch of cata and MoP's release was rather lengthy, and they lost a lot of people due to it.

That said, my thoughts on it are that it's pretty awesome. Looking forward to new shit is a big reason to stay interested. However, I hope that they somehow don't pump out too much content too fast (lol) because feeling like you're constantly playing catchup fucking sucks.
Even the super casual players are getting tired of Daily Quests at this point... so lets hope that we get more patches like 5.3 (New scenarios/BGs/etc).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As a casual as fuck player, I've given up on being caught up. I haven't touched much rep besides golden lotus, Dominance offensive and the new daily rep. I'm sick of daily quests.

Caeden

I don't know how I feel about so much of the content being instanced. Then again, if its not instanced...its dailies. I don't have a solution I guess. Maybe Heroic Scenarios will be a great challenge, but I wish they'd adopt some more dynamic content from other games and Blizzard-ify it.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
As a casual as fuck player, I've given up on being caught up. I haven't touched much rep besides golden lotus, Dominance offensive and the new daily rep. I'm sick of daily quests.
Catching up on older rep nowadays means spending 5 minutes at Halfhill every day, making sure to pick the right rep for the heroic/scenario and collecting +rep tokens from rares. Fuck their dailies.

E: And hopefully someone at Blizzard is monitoring this shit in game and realising that as soon as an alternative was provided, most people switched to it.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Catching up on older rep nowadays means spending 5 minutes at Halfhill every day, making sure to pick the right rep for the heroic/scenario and collecting +rep tokens from rares. Fuck their dailies.

E: And hopefully someone at Blizzard is monitoring this shit in game and realising that as soon as an alternative was provided, most people switched to it.
Mind elaborating? I'm finally going to hit 90 today on my monk and I'm going in blind. Haven't played at cap more than a couple days since WOTLK.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well I quit, the game just doesn't have enough to keep people that have done the actual raid thing. The LFR and the new stuff does not mesh well. The fights are not difficult but for your standard mouth breather LFR player it's complete rocket science. Just damn annoying.

The rest of the game is so easy and boring now it just isn't worth $15/mo.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
First thing is as soon as you hit revered for whichever MoP faction you're working on,go and buy the Grand Commendation for it. It doubles all rep gains for that faction and is account-wide.

Okay, the one old faction youdoneed to work on is The Tillers, but that can be done just by planting & harvesting (and doing the "plant X seed" daily). When you hit exalted and have unlocked all 16 soil beds, Yoon fucks off to a hard life of standing around a fire and drinking with the rest of the council and you get the farm.

At that point, a noticeboard pops up where Yoon used to stand which offers daily quests of "Plant 8 seeds" followed up by "Harvest 40 plants" the next day. They give 400 rep for the relevant 5.0 faction (GL/Shado Pan/Klaxxi/August Celestials) or your 5.1 A/H faction (Dominance/Shieldwall).

As for the other rep gains:
Heroics/Scenarios, straight from the patch notes -
You can now earn bonus reputation for your first dungeon and scenario of the day. You can select which reputation you choose to champion by selecting it from the reputation panel on the character screen. When you queue for a dungeon or scenario, the UI will remind you which reputation you are championing and allow you to change the reputation from there. (You cannot change that reputation once you are in the dungeon or scenario.)
...and there's a bunch of Zandalari Warscout (solo) and Warbringer (group/solo hero class) which drop "Stolen #faction-name Insignia" - a one-shot clicky for +1000 rep for #faction-name (again, the 5.0 & 5.1 factions).

NB: If you're levelling an alt - give them a faction insignia. It adds the MoP faction bar to the character no matter the level which means you can start working on GL faction via LFG from level 10 upwards, for example.

Caeden

The rest of the game is so easy and boring now it just isn't worth $15/mo.
This is a HUGE issue. I have nearly fallen asleep in LFR or doing dailies. Scenarios were awful beyond the first "lore" run. There was a ton more challenge leveling in ToR during class "bosses" and "heroic" areas. Gw2 at least had some events that kept you on your toes too. WoW lacks all challenge unless, like some folks, you consider sheer time investment on dailies/rep a "challenge." I miss TBC a lot lately.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well there's your problem.
I think his problem is more it goes from 'invest shit tons of time' in a hardcore raiding guild to a complete joke and there's nothing in between. Honestly, most of the 'normal' raiding guilds seem to have dried up into 'LFR + once or twice after a patch hits on normal before giving up' guilds at least on the servers I'm on.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've got the card game, actually sitting on my desk at work, and I recognize a lot of the same type of graphics, especially the abilities type sections, like the HP. I wouldn't mind getting into this as a way to pass 10 minutes. Seems like a fun tablet game.
Yep perfect for the iPad.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm playing catchup myself, but is there even any reason to grind golden lotus, shado pan, klaxxi reps at this point? Besides tillers, all I've been doing is dominance offensive and the isle of thunder dailies.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Dailies were always boring and lame but casuals loved them so they continued with the same trend. Before BC there weren't any "daily" quests, then the casuals loved them in BC so they continued adding them and shifting their focus down that route. Back in Vanilla they would sometimes add real quests for casuals to do and have fun with, they would also nerf the old raid instances down so that casuals had something to work for, but that still required some organizational skills. Nowadays casuals just hop in LFR and viola, loots for all with no effort. I played for a short time during Cata and tried the LFR system, it was just plain nonsense. There was no strategy involved, nothing at all, it was basically like running through a heroic but in a raid group rather than a 5 person group. Who are those fun for? Certainly not me.

They need to scrap the LFR and daily quest ideas, nobody likes them, not even casual players. And now from what I have read they basically force them onto normal raiders as well. Just outrageous design choices.

Juvarisx

Florida
While I agree LFR is plain retarded, you don't have to do it at all for Throne of Thunder if you raid heroic Throne / Late normal Throne. You only get rep off a boss once per week regardless of difficulty and the legendary quest item can only drop for you once per week per boss. So hurray no more having to do LFR to get Shado-pan rep / secrets of the empire.

Cybsled

LFR is one of the few things keeping some players in the game. I'd rather play a lottery with LFR as to whether I get a fail raid or not vs. being in a fail guild that chain dies on normal raid attempts. At least with LFR, you don't feel bad about ditching the fail.