World of Warcraft: Current Year

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I have really enjoyed playing ret paladin and having some heal utility in the heroics. Anything beyond just mash buttons and win is a welcome change for me.

Eventually these will get nerfed, right? I really wish they would push challenging 5 man content as a bigger part of the game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It would be nice to have some sort of progression from dungeons imo but I'm not sure what they would do differently than challenge modes. Clearly farming dungeons for justice points was sorta dumb and that was removed for a reason but at the same time.. I don't want to be forced to have to do 5mans, I however would like to get rewarded with something other than gear that is irrelevant in 2 weeks.

I've always loved 5mans and I think even challenge modes offering xmog gear is a great start but who knows that they could do with it. In my opinion, the current state of dungeons as well as dungeons in the last 2 expansions is that they're a quick and fantastic way to gear up at the beginning of an expansion followed by 2 years of being useless wastes of space for anyone not leveling up alts... which now they're not even useful for leveling.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have really enjoyed playing ret paladin and having some heal utility in the heroics. Anything beyond just mash buttons and win is a welcome change for me.

Eventually these will get nerfed, right? I really wish they would push challenging 5 man content as a bigger part of the game.
Was going to say exactly this. As an enhance shaman, I felt that my ability to pop rather large instant offheals occasionally was not only helpful, but actually almost requires to prevent wipes in many cases.

In UBRS, we started really switching up and using a lot of CC past the third boss because those Ogres were a handful for our tank.

The group kept talking about kicking the healer. In general, I've seen a strong druid healer and disc priest, but holy priests etc seemed to be having a real tough go of it. I don't think the healer was especially bad, I think it was our expectations of being able to tank several difficult trash mobs at once without CC or tanking CDs that was at issue.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How did this mission system make it out of alpha let alone beta? I have every follower that doesn't cost 5k gold (and especially not the ones that cost 5k apexis too). Level ranges are 93-100, with one 90 that I really should deactivate, but have hesitated to do so because Fiona rolled epic. Currently I have 15 missions to choose from and only two of those can be 100%'ed. Two or three more can be set up with a reasonable chance of success (read: 90+% on a single enemy, because even 90% on a three target fight is really only 72%). The rest are completely impossible to complete successfully. I know I can do them and just accept that the bonus will be lost and my GR will be pissed away, but that's why the design is fucking retarded. And that's not even touching on how godawful it is to try to level up followers in the 93-96 range when you have several L100s.

Also, what's with the DCs every 5-10 min today? Not sure if it's just Stormrage or if everyone is getting it, but it's really damned annoying. Thought it was just garrison at first but it's happening in dungeons too, which I guess means that it's not just Stormrage either.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

I hope they don't nerf them. This isn't cata or TBC level difficulty heroics even, you don't really need to CC but if you do it is a complete joke. Each boss does like one or maybe two things that people need to watch for, and its all detailed right in the journal in a clear and concise way.

A big part of the reason we seem to run out of content every expac and sit for 14 months with nothing new is because the pacing was just god awful. Doing shit like MOP, wotlk and to a lesser extent cata where normals are irrelevant, and heroics almost irrelevant after they spent god knows how long deving that content, is a big part of the reason that those xpacs felt like it had so little content compared to like TBC(the exception to that might be wotlk since the volume of content released in that xpac was just insane but I don't think we will see that again, go back and look at how many raids and dungeons that xpac had, it has almost as many dungeons as mop and cata combined), where they had your average joe running normals to jump into heroics and finally a raid for months, which makes sense because it takes a long ass time to make all those dungeons, why do it if you just let people skip them?

If I was them I would have pushed the raid releases off another couple weeks even.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If a warrior isn't #1 in a dungeon he is either doing something seriously wrong or is tired of dying to poor tank aggro. AOE for days.

That said, having no issues leading the group as mm hunter despite all the running around. And I was right that mm plays a hell of a lot better at 100 than it did at 90 with the 20 extra focus + focus back on AS crits. Like night and day better. *sniff* goodbye survival/bm, you had your day.

The key to damage padding is maximizing barrage. And, uh, not pulling everything within five miles with it because your tank moved your target around and your channel automatically turned and pointed you up the hallway. Made our Leeroy cheev a little exciting with that one. (Son of Beast.. and his whole room!)

Also, happy to see Lone Wolf does not prevent you from pooping out a pet to tank when you need one. I keep the pet healing glyph since, well, there's nothing useful to replace it with anyway when most of our glyphs are pet related. lv100 group rares, hah.

And I too am kicking myself when I read that the relatively useless barracks upgrade was a 1000 resource waste. But wasn't it required?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah barrage gets me a lot of oops still.

It does play a ton better with all the more focus coming in. Also I use crows on all trash near execute range to really optimize trash, I used to only use it on bosses.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm absolutely beasting it up in BG's on my Ret pally, topping the dmg boards next to my hunter buddy staying top 5 in heals feeling insanely OP right now.

May or may not record some ret-a-roni on my twitch channel thurs/fri who knows.

We run a little 3 dude premade (MM Hunter, Resto druid, ret pal) and it's working out pretty well for us.

I primarily focus on keeping the druid safe with various hands (sacrifice is op) and what not. Maybe he's just bad but healers seem a lot harder to play well this season.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Because Ret, Feral, and Frost DK are fucking overpowered right now, that's why.

Just make him go feral as well. His healing will be stupid better and you won't need as much because everything will be dead pretty much instantly.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played my mage to 100. I hope something changes soon for mages. Pushing my class to near perfect execution on my rotation and still parsing under the tank is starting to suck.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Mage always starts off slow, it's the fucking law.

Look at MOP. Fire started off strong then BAM, nerfed into shitter 3 weeks in.

Crazily

N00b
So far my shadow priest has been pretty disappointing. I am ilvl 625 atm, I have the 680 epic ring (got the ring before it was hotfixed) and warriors, DK and monks destroy me in DPS on the meters. Obviously no where near optimized with gems/enchants but neither are they.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
So far my shadow priest has been pretty disappointing. I am ilvl 625 atm, I have the 680 epic ring (got the ring before it was hotfixed) and warriors, DK and monks destroy me in DPS on the meters. Obviously no where near optimized with gems/enchants but neither are they.
Yeah, I am pretty disappointed with mine too. Was hoping it would get better.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I'm absolutely beasting it up in BG's on my Ret pally, topping the dmg boards next to my hunter buddy staying top 5 in heals feeling insanely OP right now.

May or may not record some ret-a-roni on my twitch channel thurs/fri who knows.

We run a little 3 dude premade (MM Hunter, Resto druid, ret pal) and it's working out pretty well for us.

I primarily focus on keeping the druid safe with various hands (sacrifice is op) and what not. Maybe he's just bad but healers seem a lot harder to play well this season.
Its because most heals all have cast times again like they did in wrath so you are very vulnerable to interrupts, except unlike in wrath or tbc where letting that healer get a heal off meant whoever it hit just got back 70% of their health now they get back 5% so the dps fucking up an interrupt barely matters where before it was crippling. It is pretty fucked actually. It will be interesting to see if any teams still run healers like holy pal or if we only see like disc priests and druids who at least still have some ok healing that is instant.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Came back after many years, holy hell am I lost.

I picked Ret for my boosted paladin, but only see 3 abilities on my bar, and cant drag some of them from my ability screen. Ah to be lost again lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Came back after many years, holy hell am I lost.

I picked Ret for my boosted paladin, but only see 3 abilities on my bar, and cant drag some of them from my ability screen. Ah to be lost again lol.
When you boost they send you on a quest to Blasted Lands to learn all of your abilities in phases so you L2P

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yep just noticed this. Wont help me, I never did L2P
wink.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably shit players because those are two of the stronger dps classes ATM.
Simulated numbers don't mean much. I'd agree that Warriors in heroics aren't near the top for DPS (for me anyway, with ilvl 611 and if it isn't an AoE jerk-fest).