World of Warcraft: Current Year

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Your wotlk fishing gear will work just fine. You should fish up +200 worms often enough to have one applied most of the time. I just used the hat buff when I didn't have a worm, or only needed a few more fish after my worm had faded.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
So I've gotten my disc priest to Ilvl 636 and farmed up pretty much all the heroic stuff I need for the spec. I've got the 680 ring and a few other 645 pieces but I don't see atonement healing getting more prominent as gear improves even just in heroics. At first I thought that atonement would catch up as gear starts matching content difficulty. I'm usually focusing on shields/penance and flash heals with maybe some atonement smiting maybe once every five pulls.

Am I just doing something wrong or is disc just not into atonement anymore?
Atonement healing was much more dependant on your weapon than average ilvl. in MoP the Staff of Broken Hopes made disc atonement healing super OP while leveling. Even though your ilvl wasn't great, you would do insane dps/healing. It seemed like the same for MoP raiding, until you got a raid level weapon, you couldn't do much atonement healing. So until I have a 665 weapon. it seems like shield/com/penance is the way to go. Lately with better tanks/less people getting hit by avoidable things I do get to smite more often though.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My guild went from a ghost town pre-draenor to minimum 45 people online at a time and 60 people signed up for the normal runs tonight. I look forward to the butthurt when folks in greens and nagrand blues get turned away.

also, WHAT IF THEY ADDED FISHING RAIDS.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I still need to win stranglethorn for salty
frown.png
hate that shit. They should remove the requirement lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You know WoW is in bad need of raiding content when this thread is now about fishing.
Doesn't matter anyways. WoW used to be real innovators when it came to raid content but lately it has felt very uninspiring.

Just remembering how awesome MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxx 1.0 were. Even ICC was incredible. Someone on reddit was recounting about how for months you heard people advertising for raiders and saying things like "We've gotten to phase 3". You don't really see that anymore.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't matter anyways. WoW used to be real innovators when it came to raid content but lately it has felt very uninspiring.

Just remembering how awesome MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxx 1.0 were. Even ICC was incredible. Someone on reddit was recounting about how for months you heard people advertising for raiders and saying things like "We've gotten to phase 3". You don't really see that anymore.
its such shit now. Idk why I'm actually even somewhat excited to login after the patch today

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

You don't see that because the people getting to phase 3 aren't spamming trade chat about it. How long did groups wipe to heroic blackfuse (and etc) before they got it that you never heard mention of it?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You don't see that because the people getting to phase 3 aren't spamming trade chat about it. How long did groups wipe to heroic blackfuse (and etc) before they got it that you never heard mention of it?
You don't see it because of twitch and youtube. Before raids even hit there is detailed step by step videos outlying the entire raid.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I dunno, even up to right before WoD launch I've seen guilds advertising their progress looking for more every single day. It's got to the point where you don't even need to recruit anymore, you can just pick someone up in group finder and that's fucking great. Because having even just your offtank leave a guild and your progress halting because of it and having to recruit for a new one for sometimes weeks was fucking stupid and I'm glad that system is gone. Let alone trying to find geared tanks for shit like 4horsemen if one of your tanks didn't show up, it's like wellp guess we're not continuing naxx this week

I'm glad that raiding has became more accessible and actually far more difficult if you exclude SoO in 6.0.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They appear to have extended maintenance to 1:00 PST. I feel for those progression raiders who are itching to charge into Ogreland

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You don't see it because of twitch and youtube. Before raids even hit there is detailed step by step videos outlying the entire raid.
Exactly! I used to see posting about Nef phases in vanilla, but for the most part the guilds killing it never bothered to post it. Videos every once in a while, because strategies were still sort of secret. Now, the genre and players seemed to have moved past it.

Malkav

French Madman
Soooo, they un-nerfed epic trinkets, mainly Darkmoon cards.

My Knight's badge went from 117 bonus armor to 229, which is fucking awesome.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are most classes these days all about using and managing a bunch of short (30s-2m) cooldown spells or is it exclusive to Warrior? I feel like I'm going to have to respec out of Glad to get Ravager if I want to tank properly and I'm dreading yet ANOTHER short CD spell I need to manage.