World of Warcraft: Current Year

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Speaking of alchemy, I ran into something weird. I had alchemy on my warrior prior to 6.0, and I know mixology and the perks from elixir mastery and pot mastery etc are gone for all the new crafting at 700 skill, but every time I drink a flask with her the icon displays 2 hours duration (no prior flask buff before drinking it)

On my DK at 700 alch as well, same specializations (not like it matters), flasks display a 60 minutes duration which is normal.

Is my war bugged and enjoying the mixology perk still? Wtf is going on there?
I get the same thing on my druid; I drink a potion that says 1hr duration but I get the effect for 2hrs. However, this is a completely new character for WoD and I didn't pick up and level Alchemy until a week before the expansion release.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thank you sir.

So when the boss dies the way these seals work is if something is in your specializations loot list (weapons, trinkets, jews) and you want it you would spend an extra seal to roll again for a chance of loot?
I'm not really sure how that all works. Blizzard changes the way loot works every expansion and I'm still in the mindset of hunters rolling need on everything.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think he means he hasn't had to go fish for them specifically for the daily quest.

Speaking of the daily quest, I don't even bother with it anymore since I'm at 700 skill and have the rewards (or better). Sort of wish there was something else that would drop from the bag (like those fucking shattrath pets from TBC).
Yes I noticed that just now lack of reading comprehension ftw.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would but I need to upgrade to lvl3 to get a new medium plot. I don't really want to tear down my lumber mill to replace it with an Inn.
Probably a good choice but once you upgrade to level 3 having an inn for a few weeks is probably a good idea fish for a few scavengers and run some dungeon dalies to gear up. To get to level 2 does not cost that many GR and a few scavengers would easily pay it off in a couple days.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So I've gotten my disc priest to Ilvl 636 and farmed up pretty much all the heroic stuff I need for the spec. I've got the 680 ring and a few other 645 pieces but I don't see atonement healing getting more prominent as gear improves even just in heroics. At first I thought that atonement would catch up as gear starts matching content difficulty. I'm usually focusing on shields/penance and flash heals with maybe some atonement smiting maybe once every five pulls.

Am I just doing something wrong or is disc just not into atonement anymore?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah when I get T3 I'm going to drop an Inn on Medium and a Bunker on large. No clue what to do for small since I'm Mine/BS and I already have Salvage and Forge.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I leveled fishing 400-700 in a day and it was aids but I'm finally working on Draenor Angler as well. I found a fishing line somewhere that gives you pole +4 to fishing lol, I can't remember where. I think it was in Frostfire. Saving it for the Nat Pagle pole but christ thats alotta fishin'

On the upside, cooking is extremely easy because of it + fish always seem to sell on the AH pretty fast.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I leveled fishing 400-700 in a day and it was aids but I'm finally working on Draenor Angler as well. I found a fishing line somewhere that gives you pole +4 to fishing lol, I can't remember where. I think it was in Frostfire. Saving it for the Nat Pagle pole but christ thats alotta fishin'

On the upside, cooking is extremely easy because of it + fish always seem to sell on the AH pretty fast.
Teledor near Fort Wynn has Rook's line that add's +4. Some of the fishing enchants don't stack (+5 line and +5 gloves don't stack somehow, so +4 is actually better than +5 because +4 stacks with the gloves). I grabbed it yesterday and I'm gonna save it for my savage fishing pole as well.

xzi

Mouthbreather
How do they not stack? the fuck
whatever I guess, and yeah that was it in Talador, I couldn't quite remember thank you.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How do they not stack? the fuck
whatever I guess, and yeah that was it in Talador, I couldn't quite remember thank you.
There's something odd about fishing enchants and skill modification (only one allowed of a specific numerical value or something stupid). So +5 on gloves doesn't stack with +5 fishing line. +10 on boots doesn't stack with +10 on Nat's Hat or something. I was reading it on wowhead (as I still haven't bothered with the fishing tournaments yet). So the +4 line is "BIS" if you have gloves somehow.

edit: Also, the +4 line is BOP and seems to be a one-time only pickup, so if you use it on a "not the best rod" you end up screwing yourself if you plan on getting a new rod. That's the total min-max way of looking at it though, as you need boots and gloves for it also. Which is dumb. Because it's fuckingfishing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Thats an easy one go to south port in spires of arak and fish next to the flight path sea scorp node spawn all around that area and its totally safe no hostile things in the area to disrupt your fishing.
I know, but I still need the daily for it. I'm not going to fish for them otherwise lol.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of alchemy, I ran into something weird. I had alchemy on my warrior prior to 6.0, and I know mixology and the perks from elixir mastery and pot mastery etc are gone for all the new crafting at 700 skill, but every time I drink a flask with her the icon displays 2 hours duration (no prior flask buff before drinking it)

On my DK at 700 alch as well, same specializations (not like it matters), flasks display a 60 minutes duration which is normal.

Is my war bugged and enjoying the mixology perk still? Wtf is going on there?
I leveled a hunter 1-90 like two days before WoD release, then did herb and alch from 1-700 while leveling to 100 so I never had mixology at all. I get 2 hours on my flasks too.

Re: Fishing -- It's 950 for guaranteed enormous fish and bait is like 72% correct fish, 20% crescent, 8% random shit. Without bait the 72 and 20 get reversed. It's important to fish at least some outside of schools because that's how you get the temporary pole and hat(s).

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Draenor angler takes maybe 3 hours tops. It's not fun, but not terrible. I did half of it while sitting in on a 1 hour conference call yesterday so I'll probably finish it up today.

The new first aid potion actually makes first aid - and thus fishing up sea scorpions - well worth it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
3 hours plus travel time is about right. 700 fish, average of about 12 seconds per cast, and 72% of them being the right fish. That's assuming you always have 950 skill and you come prepared with one of each lure to get things moving along. Subtract a bit of time because Blackwater Whiptail is completely trivial due to the lake above Shattrath that has like 20 fast-spawning pools in a tiny area.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What is the current best fishing pole and hat? I have some old WotLK shit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
technically the best pole is fished up randomly in draenor, with +100 fishing.. next best is the arcanite pole from the stranglethorn tourny (+40)-then theres a bunch of +30 poles you can use.

best hat is also randomly fished up in draenor, that has a week duration. +100 fishing.