World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vitality

HUSTLE
Any of you WoW vets have any idea how viable it'd be for someone to get high iLVL gear solo via gold? I don't know how frequent awesome shit is on the bmah. I have a friend who is vehemently opposed to group content -- I'm wondering if he could get rich farming old raids for rare drops or some shit like that, and then buy 665+ gear with it?

What's a solo player do to farm up massive gold, other than be Vitality? I.e., it has to be actual combat-related content.
There's a spot in Shadow Moon valley with instant spawning mobs that drop lots of greens and grey vendor trash (also if you have trade post rank 2 you can get auction modules which go for 600-2000g+ depending on the module)

Bring a bodyguard to max out it's rep.

This is kind of an exploit so don't expect it to last very long.

Link

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Could you guys elaborate why Glyph of Outbreak is mandatory? I thought I've been doing aight, tanking CMs and today my group killed heroic Kargath (I was the tank up in the bleachers) and got up to normal Twins before we ran out of time....but I never use Outbreak. I tried the non-glyphed version and didn't like it since pulling with it doesn't do any damage so the boss immediately runs to any random DPSer, and if you glyph it you obviously can't pull with it since you got no RP, so what do you guys pull with? Defile?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm raiding next monday, being casual and shit ain't easy, but it's what I can afford. For what I'm reading Brewmasters take a shitload less damage than warriors, compared on a decent guild recount data (4,0m vs. 2,4m).
I'm optimist, I hope I have a bit better luck with raid drops than heroics for sure.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Jabberwhacky;927111 said:
Could you guys elaborate why Glyph of Outbreak is mandatory?/QUOTE]

No CD?

DK is just bad to play. Might as well delete the class at this point.

The class was perfect at launch, but Alex's little prostitute loving ego got shit on, and his little Paladin class was far less than equal, so DK's got shat upon year after year.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
DK's were fairly OP when they were released, but its the only class in recent memory that has been shit on non-stop since coming out. They had it fine with Frost = AOE/Heroic tank, Blood = Raid tank/single target, Unholy = DPS

But instead they need to fuck with the class all the time. We don't even have heart strike anymore.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is Blood spec the one that is usually owning everyone in the group in both DPS and tanking?

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like druid healers because I love seeing a constant stream of green numbers scrolling up my screen. It makes me feel more secure as a tank.
I know that feel. I really enjoy druid healers, probably for that reason. From tanking perspective, I don't have a problem with Holy Paladins, but the rest of the group might. I agree with the AoE sentiment for Holy, it just isn't quite there.

I did swap my ret spec for Holy yesterday and pieced together a set of gear. Thankfully spamming heroics put me at around ilvl 630. Was able to do bronze / silver proving grounds quick and then I hit a wall on gold. I am glad I tried proving grounds because it points out the glaring hole in my ability to play Holy heals currently when there is more than one 'oh shit' moment in the fight. I just freeze up for a couple of seconds trying to figure out what to do.

I think I have some UI work to do. I utilize ElvUI but it isn't quite obvious enough with things I need to dispell. I missed around 30% in the proving grounds so I need to get a larger / more apparent alert. Outside of that it is just a comfort thing and a few pieces of gear. Need to get some spirit trinkets and a better 1h. Using an ilvl 597 soulfang currently because I cannot get anything else to drop. May consider making a weapon with my alt blacksmith but that kind of feels like a waste.

Regardless, I think I will be able to get a handle on it. I am still going to tank 5 man content because I have felt unstoppable since the 620 - 630 ilvl range and, I am biased, but I think I am above average in tanking skill compared to most of the public. Was doing Auch yesterday and had a paladin healer. He was definitely jumping around most of the time and tossing heals every now and then on trash. Boss AoE is still tense as we had bad dps that didn't hide behind the shield on Consecrated Light(?) or whatever that ability was or get into Soul Vessel. They were great.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is Blood spec the one that is usually owning everyone in the group in both DPS and tanking?
Yes, in AOE situations I believe. The more CC you do not use, the more damage DKs seem to pump out. I suppose that is true for all tanks. DoTs, Blood Boil, etc. just add up to a really good damage situation.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Could you guys elaborate why Glyph of Outbreak is mandatory? I thought I've been doing aight, tanking CMs and today my group killed heroic Kargath (I was the tank up in the bleachers) and got up to normal Twins before we ran out of time....but I never use Outbreak. I tried the non-glyphed version and didn't like it since pulling with it doesn't do any damage so the boss immediately runs to any random DPSer, and if you glyph it you obviously can't pull with it since you got no RP, so what do you guys pull with? Defile?
You just partially answered your own question. You don't pull with Outbreak without the glyph, and you don't pull with Outbreak with the glyph. Pulling has nothing to do with why the glyph is good; in fact having the glyph makes pulls slightly more annoying because it takes a couple seconds longer to get the RP to get diseases rolling on everything. I usually open with defile if I'm just running into the pull. In tighter quarters I'm a big fan of starting off with a basic taunt or death grip (or strangulate on a caster), then ducking behind a corner and popping defile right on that corner. After that a death strike on the biggest baddest melee mob in the pack and I'm ready to outbreak and blood boil. With death grip and strangulate you can do the same thing out in plain sight if your group is savvy enough to not charge ahead past you. It also makes CC more feasible because you can pull everything way away from the initial pull location. All that is basically on the first pull; after that you can end a fight with enough RP to instantly pop diseases onto a new pack.

Anyway back to the glyph: There are two situations I've found it to be absolutely vital. 1) When you've recently used it and are moving on to another pull. I.E. if your group is good at killing shit fast you can keep up with them without changing your rhythm whatsoever.

And 2) Plague Leech. If you don't have Plague Leech, get it. Try it, practice it, complain about yet another active ability on a short CD you need to find a button for, but use it. Between glyph of outbreak and plague leech that's basically 3 extra death runes every 25-30 sec, just if you use it on CD to strip and refresh diseases, at the cost of 1 death coil. But it also gives you another option to use in an emergency where you need an extra death strike RIGHT NOW. It's also completely free of any cost if there is a single other mob nearby your target, or if it's about to die anyway.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally won the gold in proving grounds... So annoying. Dont know about you guys but doing this in mostly heroic dungeon gear wasnt a breeze has a monk. Not frustrating like hexos was in the brawlers guild but still. Was hoping for some reward but hey, this is acheivement craft now.

Silence_sl

shitlord
The whole DDoS thing is a red herring, and a very bad one, at that.

What people have forgotten is the server responsive initiative that Blizz rolled out with 6. Blizz wanted server response to go from 400ms to 10ms...huge HUGE HUUUUGE difference...and one that took absolute balls of steel to roll out on a server wide basis. My jaw hit the floor when I realized that they not only wanted to do it, but started to do it.

The whole DDoS thing is only partially correct...it wasn't Russian cyber criminals that did it, but Blizz's own WoW client that was doing the DDoSing via sheer number of people wanting to play the game. Keep in mind, Blizz planned for less than two million returns. They got double that in the US alone.

Beyond that, they haven't given up on the new stuff, which means they have balls of steel.

Balls of steel.

I loved to call them idjits, but the reality is they are the opposite of that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Finally won the gold in proving grounds... So annoying. Dont know about you guys but doing this in mostly heroic dungeon gear wasnt a breeze has a monk. Not frustrating like hexos was in the brawlers guild but still. Was hoping for some reward but hey, this is acheivement craft now.
On my DK, the DPS Gold I achieved in like ilvl580 gear. But we are beasts.

Then I found out there was something after gold..

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What people have forgotten is the server responsive initiative that Blizz rolled out with 6. Blizz wanted server response to go from 400ms to 10ms...huge HUGE HUUUUGE difference...and one that took absolute balls of steel to roll out on a server wide basis. .
What does this mean? Do you mean prior to WoD, everyone had a 400ms+ ping regardless of connection?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
From what I'm told, the proving grounds scale above ilvl 610. That is, it does not matter if you have 640 or 610, it's going to increase damage/hp to match. So, above 610, it only becomes easier if your class scale more than linearly with gear levels.

Thankfully, it's trivial for healers (provided you've got at least Clique and Grid installed).