World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Like I said, I like playing Discipline quite a lot but Disc is somewhat immobile which is annoying. If I can run and heal like a wild man I dig it.

I wonder if Blizzard will do a character services sale this Xmas. Are they known for such things?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
On my DK, the DPS Gold I achieved in like ilvl580 gear. But we are beasts.

Then I found out there was something after gold..
The huge annoyance doing this with my boomkin trying to get gold is boomkins have shitty interupts on very long cool downs. I have one 45 second interrupt and another on a minute long cool down. So the healers are a huge issue simply because boomkin are really not made for interrupting things like that.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
are you fistweaving while leveling? i couldn't do that at all lol.. I ended up going WW, then just changed my loot spec to mistweaver when i got to nagrand.
Yeah, i figured with the caster heirloom from garrosh it wouldn't be that bad. Good thing I saved agi weapons/trinkets.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Did the normal raid last night and was surprised by how well I was doing DPS wise as an Arcane Mage. I had been assuming that I was terrible based on all the things I read about specs and whatnot and yet I was topping the charts without even going hog-wild on raid buffs...

Now the challenge is to find quality PUG raids :-/
The hotfixes put us in a better spot. I dropped frost and went arcane and fire. I haven't tested fire really yet but my arcane results are promising as you mentioned, I hate frost so I have been waiting to switch out.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Dungeon trash and bosses give a lot of ways for you to reduce your own damage intake, which I think is a great thing for DPS because it makes us feel like we are contributing a lot more than just mindlessly attacking things. I'm talking about interrupts, not standing in fire, smart target selection, occasional CC, positioning and cooldown use - it all adds up. I'm sure healers notice.

Tanks, on the other hand, probably just feel like they are soloing the dungeon. That's how tanking has always felt to me in any game. The other people are just.. there. Like it's Diablo 3.

Anyway, good job with the dungeons, probably the most entertaining set as a whole that they've ever done.

xzi

Mouthbreather
We most definitely notice. Interrupts are HUGE and sometimes I can't use that GDC to fist of justice a mob, when you have 2 other people actively interrupting it takes a gigantic load off of healing. Especially in boss fights, like the 3rd boss in Auch. Not interrupting on that fight = not completing the fight.

I'm glad they brought back the need for CC and interrupts, I don't think they should have ever gotten rid of that.. but boy you can tell it's a new concept to a lot of players.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dungeon trash and bosses give a lot of ways for you to reduce your own damage intake, which I think is a great thing for DPS because it makes us feel like we are contributing a lot more than just mindlessly attacking things. I'm talking about interrupts, not standing in fire, smart target selection, occasional CC, positioning and cooldown use - it all adds up. I'm sure healers notice.

Tanks, on the other hand, probably just feel like they are soloing the dungeon. That's how tanking has always felt to me in any game. The other people are just.. there. Like it's Diablo 3.

Anyway, good job with the dungeons, probably the most entertaining set as a whole that they've ever done.
I'm just a little disappointed with how quick one is...done, with them. It's so hard to find a good group for CMs, especially now that highmaul is open.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's not even just interrupts and the occasional CC either. I was really surprised to see DBM telling me to tranq shot shit in a dungeon the first time I did UBRS on my hunter.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Prot warriors at least have quite a few ways we can lower our damage intake if necessary to help out the healing situation. Shield block and barrier off the top of my head. Then we have Ravage for 30% parry, Demo Shout, Wall. If you spec into Victory Rush you can holster that and use it if you take a spike of damage. I don't know the other classes well enough to know if they have similar skills but I'm sure a healer can tell a good warrior from a bad one.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
DK's get IBF, Rune Tap, Defile, AMS, Blood Strike, Death Pact. I usually save them and pop off a combo if I need to.

Silence_sl

shitlord

DPS should always aim to be on the lowest slots of heals...that takes a LOT of heat of the healer. Usual old school mmo rules apply here. Tank dies, it's the healer's fault. The healer dies, and it's the tank's fault. DPS dies, and it's the DPS' fault. What with all the addons and the ease of encounters these days, and there are few reasons why DPS should be soaking up heals that belong to the tank.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
DPS should always aim to be on the lowest slots of heals...that takes a LOT of heat of the healer. Usual old school mmo rules apply here. Tank dies, it's the healer's fault. The healer dies, and it's the tank's fault. DPS dies, and it's the DPS' fault. What with all the addons and the ease of encounters these days, and there are few reasons why DPS should be soaking up heals that belong to the tank.
The only thing I hate is nowadays there is SO MUCH SHIT ON THE GROUND.

Even as a tank I get confused sometimes. Is that blue shit bad? OH FUCK THE RED STUFF IS KILLING ME. run away from this thing! Oh wait that was mine! WHAT!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Gotta be honest last night was my first heroic and I had no idea what the ground stuff was. I kept running away from the blue circles but had less than zero clue why or what it was doing. All I knew for certain was fire = bad. I basically relied on GTFO telling me to GTFO. Way too much visual shit going on.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also a lot of DPS have some self heal abilities and if you have them if you are eating a lot of non avoidable damage take a second and use them. I do this on my boomkin a lot given it just costs one GCD to rejuve myself which if sprinkle those in during the fight I can keep myself pretty well topped off in 99% of content so healers don't have to worry about me or waste mana on me and it does not cut into my dps much.