World of Warcraft: Current Year

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The leveling from 90-100 was excellent imo. More fun than the end game to me - it remains to be seen how long 100 will hold my interest though. Just got my monk to 100 and getting her geared should be entertaining. Beyond that, not sure.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I use Vuhdo for healing; I assign a lot of spells to keyboard+mouse combinations, so, left click is Flash Heal, Shift + Left Click is PW:S, Right click is Heal, etc. You really need an addon like that for raiding.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I did my first WoD random dungeon PUG last night at 92 (dinged 93 on the last boss). I had installed DBM and Recount just to get a feel for how I was doing on the Enhancement Shaman rotation.

Holy. Shit. I am terrible. My output was half of the next lowest DPS and they were 91-92 range. My gear is pretty much the standard quest stuff (with the exception of the alchemy stone which is 600ish). and I'm prioritizing according to the Ice Veins protocol. No idea why it was so low but I have not heard a lot of bitching from Shamans so it must be me.

I suppose it doesn't help that I don't know the instances yet so I'm a little tentative but damn that was embarrassing.
First, its a normal dungeon and leveling. Dont sweat thinking you got poor dps. If you and the group dont die and you finish it, its a win. If you're not dying frequently while questing, its a win.

Once you're 100 that's when you start needing to optimize things if you're wanting to be more effective. Make sure then that you're getting the stats priorities specifically to the gear for your spec and you'll be surprised how much it effects your dps at this point.

Also remember:
While leveling, some people from the last expansion's end got the legendary cloak, the heirloom 90-100 weapon(s). Also some are using crafted weapons and gear on alts that you can equip at 91 and the archeology boa's too. That gear I would argue outstrips the questing gear that others get while leveling.

That some classes/specs to better in single target vs aoe and it can be a big gap between the two for some.
That some classes can do better on high movement fights than others.

etc etc

But overall just dont sweat it while leveling. Just level up then worry on the details.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Any person in guild at all can invite and remind them to promote you once so you can speak in guild chat.
That works. I'll log in in a bit then and get that sorted. Thanks
smile.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Garrison Campaign quests are at least adding in some decent side/backstory to the game once you are 100.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The Garrison Campaign quests are at least adding in some decent side/backstory to the game once you are 100.
I got one on one of my characters and haven't seen any pop since. At least I know what spawns invasions even if there's no tracking mechanism...

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder wtf I have never gotten an invasion, always going to others. I am sure its some quest in my log you probably need to do for them to trigger.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I wonder wtf I have never gotten an invasion, always going to others. I am sure its some quest in my log you probably need to do for them to trigger.
Did you ever do any invasion at all? There's a quest you get that's your "intro" to invasions basically. Everyone gets it. If you haven't done that, then yeah...it's probably in your log.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, what Soygen said. You probably have an old intro quest in there. I think its the Thunderlords invasion one, my priest still has that lingering.

Otherwise, doing the daily Apexis kill quests out of your garrison gives you a "hate-faction" boost towards specific enemies that will eventually invade your garrison. Today I killed in Frostfire Ridge a bunch of gorens as part of a quest, in that daily area...and got the invasion when I came back to my garrison. I then did the Shattrath (group) daily for apexis, and came back to a Shadowmoon invasion.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Since WOD launched and running 100's of heroics I finally have upgraded to a 630 weapon (refused to buy one). And it was from my garrison. Not running heroics ever again.. fuck it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Did you ever do any invasion at all? There's a quest you get that's your "intro" to invasions basically. Everyone gets it. If you haven't done that, then yeah...it's probably in your log.
If you accepted it, but did not launch the scenario, it's locking you out of the "real" invasions. You don't need to complete it though. Just drop it, and the real invasions will pop.

I've got 3 invasions pending, seeing as I always go help a friend first, get gold, and thus don't need another invasion for the week (you can get a given bag only once a week).

Basically, killing apexis-dailies ennemies pile up negative faction with them. Once your faction goes beyond a point, the invasion quest is enabled. When you complete it, your faction goes back to zero. If you want a specific invasion (the Shadowmoon Clans seem to be horribly trivial to gold, provided you have a lot of DPS), pick the right quest area (you may lose 200 apexis, but that's hardly important).Wowhead has which area triggers which invasion

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ive done dailies nonstop so it has to be a quest bugged. There is one that my Garrison sent me to in north Frostfire where the chick doesn't pop, I am sure its that one because none other are listed as Garrison?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Since WOD launched and running 100's of heroics I finally have upgraded to a 630 weapon (refused to buy one). And it was from my garrison. Not running heroics ever again.. fuck it.
That's the thing. You need to do 3 heroics, and that's over. Your 615 followers give you the same gear, your 630 followers give better (but less often) same as your invasions also give you 645. Why would you need to run heroics? Ah, because there are a handful of slots that you do not get gear for in missions.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ive done dailies nonstop so it has to be a quest bugged. There is one that my Garrison sent me to in north Frostfire where the chick doesn't pop, I am sure its that one because none other are listed as Garrison?
That's a Garrison Campaign mission, which is independent from invasions. Not sure why you don't get invaded then.

Vitality

HUSTLE
An orc spawns right next to your garrison mailbox with an invasion quest, I got my Twilight Council one to pop up after doing 2 days of Shattarah apexis dailies.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Shamans are literally the worst class in the game right now my man. There's even been some blue posts about them getting some love soon.
Might get better at 100. I ran with the GM of TF not long ago and he plays enhancement. On both his main and alt he is cranking some crazy numbers. I'm also pretty sure they've already buffed the class. My advice is to maybe watch some Youtube vids for rotation because just looking at his ability use it is way different than I remember enhancement playing.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Krassus is just such a nice guy that no one is able to get angry enough to invade his garrison.