World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Might get better at 100. I ran with the GM of TF not long ago and he plays enhancement. On both his main and alt he is cranking some crazy numbers. I'm also pretty sure they've already buffed the class. My advice is to maybe watch some Youtube vids for rotation because just looking at his ability use it is way different than I remember enhancement playing.
They've hotfixed buff Shamans (all specs) twice since launch. Not sure about Enhance but Elemental still feels somewhat weak.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Nerfed WW monk dmg 5% today - didn't touch SEF (which is really why monks are broken and doing ridiculous cleave dmg). Sometimes I wonder if they've got a pack of chimpanzees behind the scenes pushing buttons. Unbelievably short sighted "balancing" (SEF will STILL be completely op as well), but they've nerfed single target dps a bit and made ww pvp monks practically worthless.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I do the daily everyday pretty much and never been invaded either, I often stay around and kill extra mobs out of boredom to see if I can trigger a invasion. I don't think they are that common no one in my guild has had one either

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Trying to settle on a ranged dps class to level. Ret pally will stay the main and I'll start gearing up a priest in a day or so here for heals. Don't have much desire to tank ever but the pally is there for that if I'd ever want to. Trying to cover all roles. I know shadow is an option, but I've sort of narrowed it down to Hunter or Shaman. I played a hunter in wow for a long time. I know I enjoy it, but I really like playing DPS classes that bring some utility to raids, and shaman seems to be the closest thing to that. Anyone out there doing elemental right now able to comment on how they are enjoying it compared to other classes?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Not last night he wasn't!
rrr_img_85189.jpg

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Will probably have some slots for a full normal clear tonight at around 7pm PST for appropriately geared/etc people who want an easy mar'gok kill for those who are interested. Tag/etc in signature.
smile.png

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Trying to settle on a ranged dps class to level. Ret pally will stay the main and I'll start gearing up a priest in a day or so here for heals. Don't have much desire to tank ever but the pally is there for that if I'd ever want to. Trying to cover all roles. I know shadow is an option, but I've sort of narrowed it down to Hunter or Shaman. I played a hunter in wow for a long time. I know I enjoy it, but I really like playing DPS classes that bring some utility to raids, and shaman seems to be the closest thing to that. Anyone out there doing elemental right now able to comment on how they are enjoying it compared to other classes?
Talk to Vehn, he seems to do well on raids as Ele.

Math nerds in an uproar today at balancing changes, might push a new Hunter spec to the top (sims are still running, TBD). Pretty wild.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I can give you my experience with a shadow priest, if that helps.

The last time I "seriously raided" was in a 25m guild during Cata launch. Compared to other specs at the time, I found Shadow to be quite a bit of work (in a very fun way to me). Managing dots is always hectic and interesting. That said though, often times I'd feel some class envy as I felt I'd be "working hard" to keep dots rolling (and this was pre-WoD, so you had to care about clipping and recasting dots during procs), yet my hard work would still be outshined by simple DPS classes that could one-two button their way to the top (frost mages at the time I think) or just had a very simple 1-2-3-4-5 rotation (hunters I think at the time?). That said, being one of the top players in my guild (dead dps = 0 dps), it never was an issue.

As I've played since then, it's always seemed that Shadow is very middle-of-the-pack as far as charts go. Maybe there'd be a fight here and there would multi-dotting would make a shadow top dps, but it's pretty rare - and again, its a lot of effort comparatively. As far as how Shadow ranks overall, WoD doesn't seem to change that. Just middle of the road.

What WoD DID change though, is that dots are now a waste of time. You go Clarity of Power, and mind spike / mind blast / devouring plague your way to numbers. That'll keep you middle of the road. The dot specs perform horribly by comparison - although you might toss out some dots on adds, but I'm finding that to be a DPS loss. Granted, I'm not doing "serious" raiding anymore, so we're talking on fairly short lived mobs in heroics. LFR I just did the CoP stuff, no multi-dotting, and I was middle of the pack on the ranking. Supposedly the dot specs are going to get some number buffs.

So, in general, I'd sum up Shadow as really fun and hectic to play when managing dots, but it'll never be a top-tier DPS class. WoD makes the top spec at least really easy, like some other DPS classes have always had it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If you aren't dot weaving and just nuking away, you are doing it wrong.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Anybody know if you have the garrison invasion pop, then it disappear if it has reset the negative faction or if I just go kill a couple of more of that faction will it come back?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Garrison Campaign quests are at least adding in some decent side/backstory to the game once you are 100.
Yes the garrison quests do a pretty good job of explaining what the fuck is going on in the various daily questing hubs so its kinda nice once you get them and go back to those areas to really see whats up.

Bruman

Golden Squire
If you aren't dot weaving and just nuking away, you are doing it wrong.
Dot weaving seemed ultimately pointless unless you're on cutting edge progression raiding. From icy-veins: "This is an advanced rotation that yields slightly higher damage in single target situations. It is high risk, being that if you make a mistake you could lose damage over doing the normal Clarity of Power rotation."

Seems pretty pointless for a slight DPS gain that will have no effect on if your guild downs a boss or not.