World of Warcraft: Current Year

Juvarisx

Florida
1) Get a key on Isle of thunder
2) Do solo scenario and run around first room looting as many boxes as possible for Burial Keys
3) Open chests at end which will probably give you 20 elder charms. Maybe even a 502 ilvl piece
4) Buy the mats for a 496 chest and gloves (blood spirits should be cheap if you are on a decent server)
5) Run LFR and coin the shit out of every boss

I did this last weekend on a shaman that just hit 90 and had 420ilvl gear when i hit. Buying those two 496 pieces (cost of mats was 160g per spirit + 300g per living steel) was next to nothing and I bought a 476 ilvl boe world epic for fairly cheap + a ghost iron dragonling. Ran the scenario for a 450 weapon, and was 460ilvl about 30 min after dinging. If you need to get closer buy a pvp piece or two.. The new ones are 458ilvl. Coin's are 25-30pct loot rate in terrace, hof and vaults + loot drops more often then not on those. Do Sha, Nalak, Oondasta and Galleon if you can as well and use coins on all 4 (2 will use the new mogu coins but its a better use of a coin then lfr is)

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oops. That's horde side faction from 5.1. Dunno what it was alliance side. I liked the story and the quests weren't obnoxious.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll sub for a month and see how I hold out.

Caeden

So finally ran Throne of Thunder LFR. Even on LFR the fights seemed fun (albeit because they're new) and the instance is one of the most visually impressive pieces since Ulduar and may actually trump anything in game aesthetically. It had a BT feel as far as the area covered by the zone with a sorta nightmare of the trolls mixed with the lost world. Only seen up to Ji Kun, but it was pretty damn awesome looking. Good amusement park ride and made me miss progression raiding.

Caeden

Yeah. Haven't gotten there yet. I dread new lfr content as a tank because we're usually bearing the brunt of "tactical" weight and the fastest to be kicked even without a mistake. "Why you take so much damage than other tank?!" "Because he didnt taunt and I have 45 stacks of tank fuckover debuff." "We will kick you because he takes less damage!" "...."

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most of my ToT LFR experience thus far has been getting a 5 stack of determination before a boss can be killed.

Cybsled

Usually DPS or heals get booted in LFR in my experience. Tanks much more rarely unless they really suck (read: tank that pulled will of emperor boss into the dps, turned ae spewing boss towarda raid constantly, etc).

OneofOne

Dude I'm sitting back here trying to read RR while hitting a damage ability every now and then, a little consideration plz!

BTW, what the hell is up with spending a coin for an additional roll... and getting the exact same item I just got 3 seconds ago? Seriously?

Dom_sl

shitlord
Lei Shen is easy once people understand the intermission, and where they each need to go. Just did it with half a raid of LA/BR players and even they got it after 3 wipes.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah it was messy, my LFR took 7 stacks, but the last kill was really smooth, so i dont think the 7 were really needed

OneofOne

Guilds? Those are just there for guild bonuses, like better faction increases, faster flying, that kinda stuff. This is WoW, not EQ!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So.. how about that LFR Lei Shen?
/guntohead
Killed him last night had 8 stacks of fail. LFR continues to be 90%, hope the tank takes you through this content as you just stand there pew pew'ing and bitching the whole time. On Tuesday's I do a solid run through every LFR, the dependency on the tanks can be frustrating when figuring out a new raid but I like it in the end. I was top DPS for every raid even as the tank and all I have is LFR gear, but despite people's complete lack of effort every fight went smooth. Two tanks doing what they need, putting out 20% of the total raid dmg the other people can largely just spin around in circles and stuff will die.

Caeden

I can see that. Ran Halls of Flesh Shaping for the first time as a tank and missed the tidbit about kiting Primordious. I picked up on if after a dps yelled the standard "what the fuck are you doing you fucking retard faggot? Move him!" My compatriot did not pick up on it so fast and made the fight harder than needed. Still one shot but yeah.

Oh and love the "don't aoe!!!" speech on Animus only to see the world explode 20s into the fight. I think we blew all our rezzes there, but again one shot it though I had to single tank Dark Animus and the two last big bots for majority of the fight. Entirely doable and not sure why you really need to swap. That debuff isn't scary really with DK cooldowns.