World of Warcraft: Current Year

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was in a heroic pug last night that ended up going 6/7 pretty flawlessly. That being said, when I moved Phemos to his WW position, THREE mDPS followed me because they were on Phemos. What the fuck.

On a different note, Gorehack, I'd like to see logs of this DPS warrior switching prot and tanking with zero AM skills. I simply cannot see how that's possible, especially on a fight like Butcher. I'm at 661 with pretty decent stat allocation (3 665 crafted, a few BIS...). I am pretty sure that if I stopped using tanking abilities on the Butcher I'd get pasted relatively quickly.
He pretty much had all 5 healers healing him, because they had to.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best thing to do is to watch their energy instead of relying on DBM as a tank for me. Relying on DBM caused me to delay WW when it fucks up but if you watch their energy yourself its much easier.
The DBM info box shows energy for both of them in text form too.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
skated through all of LFR. Had to tone down the GFX settings a bit but after that it was fine.

edit: it was fun to get the quest for the last two kills in HM and then actually get those kills. now's the time for stones though
frown.png

Anyone doing normal HM raids and can take a crappy shadow priest or derpy disc priest?

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
The key to getting Phemos out in time (mythic specifically), is to start running with him when the DBM timer shows 13 seconds left until WW. This gives you plenty of time as a tank to get him out of the way, and also enough time to type /say RUN DUMBFUCKS, WURRRRRRRLWIND COMIN

If you wait too long, and then you leap at let's say 5 seconds (if warrior), half the time that motherfucker will run halfway to you and whirlwind.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The key to getting Phemos out in time (mythic specifically), is to start running with him when the DBM timer shows 13 seconds left until WW. This gives you plenty of time as a tank to get him out of the way, and also enough time to type /say RUN DUMBFUCKS, WURRRRRRRLWIND COMIN
I feel like having to tell people to get out is dumb.. at the same time I've noticed if the tank doesn't echo what DBM is telling everyone then people follow you anyways. It's kind of weird that I'm expected to echo DBM when I am sitting their balancing cooldowns, healing, and a whole bunch of other shit.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like having to tell people to get out is dumb.. at the same time I've noticed if the tank doesn't echo what DBM is telling everyone then people follow you anyways. It's kind of weird that I'm expected to echo DBM when I am sitting their balancing cooldowns, healing, and a whole bunch of other shit.
Well...it's LFR...if people are doing that shit in a non-pug you just need to publicly shame them until they stop being bad.

I think I'm also used to it from having to spam raid warnings in the molten core days. It's almost the same thing. No vent, gotta spam macros that tell people stupid shit 10 times in a row before they see it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Has anybody done ToT since WoD hit? I'm wondering how many people it would take to quickly run through it for transmog purposes?
that druid set is so good, i need it~

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anybody done ToT since WoD hit? I'm wondering how many people it would take to quickly run through it for transmog purposes?
that druid set is so good, i need it~
I have seen videos of people soloing Lei Shen, so probably not that many.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya , I have been soloing some of the old world stuff for achs/mounts and haven't tried MoP stuff yet. I fear I won't be able to as a mage. Out of curiosity , dks can run any spec or they running a particular spec to roflstomp the stuff?

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ya , I have been soloing some of the old world stuff for achs/mounts and haven't tried MoP stuff yet. I fear I won't be able to as a mage. Out of curiosity , dks can run any spec or they running a particular spec to roflstomp the stuff?
Would imagine the selfhealing and LOLBLOODBOILSPAM damage of Blood would make pretty much everything easy mode.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Well I knew they can heal but I honestly haven't played my DK since cata so I just didn't know if it was a blood thing or they just heal like stupid across all their specs now.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You can solo almost all of the old raid I believe. They made some change where you do like 10x the damage in old content...?
There's a bunch of fights you can't solo, or do with too few people in Throne of Thunder. The first boss for example is not soloable unless you have a pet, since he resets the encounter as soon as he grabs you without a pet to hold him in combat. Third boss with all their debuffs and shit are also not really solable, and probably not duoable without major gear. My 3 man group was able to clear up to, but not defeat Durumu the Forgotten (just way too much damage to kill the ghost things before you die).

Keep in mind, old world scaling is not active in Pandaria, so the normal raid values are still exactly as they always were.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Best thing to do is to watch their energy instead of relying on DBM as a tank for me. Relying on DBM caused me to delay WW when it fucks up but if you watch their energy yourself its much easier.
I noticed DBM sucks ass with Arcane as well on Ko'ragh. If I would have just waited for DBM to tell me, I would have died to it before being able to kite it away.

Ive been able to pull off about 15k healing on self as a Monk. Saw a DK tank pulling out close to 28k healing by himself when I was playing my Mage. Something seems a bit off there because I feel like DK's take less damage than I do as a monk tank. >.> Then again, I dont know how much a few hundred bonus armor is going to help.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I noticed DBM sucks ass with Arcane as well on Ko'ragh. If I would have just waited for DBM to tell me, I would have died to it before being able to kite it away.

Ive been able to pull off about 15k healing on self as a Monk. Saw a DK tank pulling out close to 28k healing by himself when I was playing my Mage. Something seems a bit off there because I feel like DK's take less damage than I do as a monk tank. >.> Then again, I dont know how much a few hundred bonus armor is going to help.
DBM is pretty spot on with arcane, is it out of date? I swear they update that shit every other day and it's always throwing mine out of sync.

I mostly notice it on WW for Twins and occasionally on Imp it tells you the wrong tank was marked, as long as you know who is tanking him it's easy though.