World of Warcraft: Current Year

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I noticed DBM sucks ass with Arcane as well on Ko'ragh. If I would have just waited for DBM to tell me, I would have died to it before being able to kite it away.

Ive been able to pull off about 15k healing on self as a Monk. Saw a DK tank pulling out close to 28k healing by himself when I was playing my Mage. Something seems a bit off there because I feel like DK's take less damage than I do as a monk tank. >.> Then again, I dont know how much a few hundred bonus armor is going to help.
Not sure where you would get that from, but I'm routinely #1 on healing when I'm tanking and I play brewmaster. I've never had our blood dk outheal me or outdamage me, guard is really strong and so is our stagger. could you link me your armory and I'll take a look?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you look at mythic butcher Tank HPS, there's like 75 DKs at the beginning of the top 200 before you see a single monk. Best of the best DKs top out at over 40k HPS, the first monk on the list is still under 30k. Obviously HPS isn't the whole story since there's avoidance to consider, just saying that if you have a DK who can't keep up with you then he's probably lower ilvl, doing something wrong, or just doesn't feel like he needs to spend his runes on Death Strike instead of Blood Boil because his healers are keeping up.

As for DPS, blood DKs regularly are #1 or #2 on the meters on any fight with adds (Tectus, Ko'ragh, Imperator). They dominate the Tank DPS charts for all fights except Butcher, which is a paladin-only club. There's even talk now that dps DKs like myself should go blood for mythic Tectus because it will out-dps unholy and have vastly more survivability.

That's not to say that there's anything wrong with monks or that they can't get the job done, but the DKs Daidraco has seen are exactly what I would expect.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can you please shed some light on why paly tanks are so off the charts on butcher? My offtank last run was a paly and when i watched the meters at the end, i was like wtf.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Butcher is a really good measuring stick too because I can constantly hit death strike if I want. I'm almost always 75% or below on health.

I've never been outhealed by a Monk (or any other tank), and usually not outdpsed by other tanks although I don't really pay attention to my damage.

Vorph

Can you please shed some light on why paly tanks are so off the charts on butcher? My offtank last run was a paly and when i watched the meters at the end, i was like wtf.
Spend 100% of holy power on SotR and Seraphim, none at all on WoG. That way they do a ton of single target damage, and have flat damage reduction (20% + mastery) for most of the fight, but they also do basically 0 self-healing other than Sacred Shield absorption. Healers have to really be on the ball, but on the other hand when you have a tank who can do up to 35k dps then maybe your Butcher fight doesn't run over the 4 minute mark into berserk.

Needless

Toe Sucker
got my druid to 100, time to compare how resto healing vs mistweaving is! theres like a 60 ilvl difference at this point but well see lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
Welcome to being a real healer.
I already miss my monk
frown.png

Alliance is insanely bad at everything on our battlegroup now.. it's painful and makes me want to faction transfer him lol

Vorph

Doing what? The most popular DK streamers are soloers killing shit that few/no other classes can do with the relative ease that a blood DK can. Mione (mionelol) and Raegwyn are the ones to watch for that. Raegwyn has some Highmaul stuff too, of particular interest is his guild's first mythic Tectus kill where he was blood dps in frost presence. Definitely going to try that myself when we get to Tectus.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm really enjoying Unholy at the moment, switching up play styles when changing between Necrotic Plague and Defile is pretty cool. I just don't seem to be able to output the kind of dps that other people do for the same ilevel and/or sims.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
6.1 PTR notes show that there is indeed a Blackrock Foundry follower mission.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Good run this morning guys, sorry about my shit DPS and many deaths. I literally had my 3 and 5 year old climbing on me at times. I probably should have just sat it out.