World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
LOL man blizzard hates WW monks

"Hotfix: Monk PvP 2-piece set bonus for Windwalker/Brewmaster now only functions while in PvP combat."

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya, for sure, I noticed on all my alts that haste is pretty garbage. Haste will always be good for mages unless they change something drastic.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blood Boil's damage has been reduced by 33.3%.

I quit.
Haha! I was waiting for someone to say it!!!

- Rift has a tanking spec for its rogue. Star Wars:TOR has a ranged tanking spec for its bounty hunter class. The shit can be done and I'm not sure why they won't do it. Mage could be frost and cater to absorbs and frost armor be the tanking aura for the class. Since shadow priest has lost its healing and mana regen flavor, just about - go ahead and make a priest pure dps and bring a warlock spec into the old shadow priest realm of doing damage to heal effectively etc. A monkey could come up with how to adapt each class to a new role.

But that's the same kind of conversation we've been having for years about WOW. Why won't they do things that an overwhelming amount of players want from them. Ie. Why not let horde and alliance group with each other??

Inque

FunEmployed
Spend 100% of holy power on SotR and Seraphim, none at all on WoG. That way they do a ton of single target damage, and have flat damage reduction (20% + mastery) for most of the fight, but they also do basically 0 self-healing other than Sacred Shield absorption. Healers have to really be on the ball, but on the other hand when you have a tank who can do up to 35k dps then maybe your Butcher fight doesn't run over the 4 minute mark into berserk.
Whose a good Paladin to examine for a spec/gear on Butcher? Our Tank is interested but is curious about getting better w/ Seraphim.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whose a good Paladin to examine for a spec/gear on Butcher? Our Tank is interested but is curious about getting better w/ Seraphim.
Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

19 of the top 20 tank dps on M-Butcher are Paladins. Pick a few of them (avoid the Russians because having to go by icons and tooltips is annoying as shit) and look at their logs. Seraphim doesn't really seem that complicated; even the highest ranked dudes are only at like 40-45% uptime. They pool their HP when it's about to come off cooldown, but if they hit 5HP too early they do not delay the next SotR even if it means that they will end up delaying the Seraphim. Plus you need to delay it for Holy Avenger, Bloodlust, etc.

Note: Glyph of the Alabaster Shield just got nerfed and since Shield of the Righteous is by far the largest source of Prot dps, I suspect that they will take a pretty big hit on Butcher charts.

-------

Blood Boil nerf is hard gay. Guess I'll be using 5-6 bonus rolls this week on H-Butcher to try and get a pair of axes, because DW Frost is king shit now.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think I've ever been fucked by RNG like in this xpack. 70% of my tokens net me gold, like I need it, drops are so random I end up getting the same shit over and over, stats are the worst possible (almost) for my BrM monk, given I seem to get only haste stuff, which is cool because I like to spam those ChiEx, but I'd kill for more mastery or crit or versatility. In my superbly casual one raid/week (+lfr for stones) I still didn't get a weapon, many tokens went to shit trying to get one. At least my slaves, I mean followers, got me a 645 one from missions.

I'm having fun, but I'm willing to go back to healing once again by now, bad luck tank is bad for the morale.

Those hotfixes posted above made me think if Beastmastery is going to become very good again instead of passable and alt DK is sad, blood boil spam was so glorious.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
GW2 tried to break it...and failed miserably.
Yea. The solution, it seems, is not to have group encounters that are only DPS, but to have classes that can do every role with the proper skill profile+posture, and then let groups decide who is going to tank, heal, dps, without requiring a specific class/classes for a given role.

Rifts tried to do that, but I'm not sure if they really solved that. The problem was that their souls didn't scream "tank!" "heal!" enough to create the feeling that you were one. Can't speak much about that, I played a month and was gone anyway.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
The trinity is, for now, the most fun model I played. GW2 is a good game, but it has no depth in group fights and less than zero in large raid-like fights.

Expanding on the model of WoW challenge modes, 1-group content could become very interesting and a lot more fun for those people that cannot commit to scheduled raiding: it's a lot easier to coordinate 5 people rather than 10-30. Focusing on countering burst damage, positioning, environmental damage, dps checks, interrupts, etc. is a lot more interesting than chain pulling and apply max ae dps for fast runs.
The rewards must be better than they are currently, it's unthinkable to waste several evenings learning challenge modes when one can just afk through LFR and get more gear for practically no effort.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
LOL man blizzard hates WW monks

"Hotfix: Monk PvP 2-piece set bonus for Windwalker/Brewmaster now only functions while in PvP combat."
That set bonus was like a 15% DPS increase, would probably have never been replaced even in 6.1, and requires absolutely stupid actions to take advantage of in PvE, namely macroing roll into jump so you can trigger the bonus without actually moving much.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh, Destro Locks get a crit buff to Devastation! I'll take whatever I can get.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Prot war buffs were sexy. Hit mid raid, my dps went up 7k on mythic brackenspore.
I really like the change denerf the abilities that got ganked and then put the lessening into gladiator stance so normal defensive mode DPS is back to where it should be and then some and still winds up being a decent buff for gladiator stance anyway undoing some of the hits they took a few weeks ago. Overall it looks like that should be a very noticeable improvement.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya, for sure, I noticed on all my alts that haste is pretty garbage. Haste will always be good for mages unless they change something drastic.
I am liking the haste change on my boomkin because early on in an expansion our slow as molasses spells like starfire get a pretty good DPS boost from haste.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think I've ever been fucked by RNG like in this xpack. 70% of my tokens net me gold, like I need it, drops are so random I end up getting the same shit over and over, stats are the worst possible (almost) for my BrM monk, given I seem to get only haste stuff, which is cool because I like to spam those ChiEx, but I'd kill for more mastery or crit or versatility. In my superbly casual one raid/week (+lfr for stones) I still didn't get a weapon, many tokens went to shit trying to get one. At least my slaves, I mean followers, got me a 645 one from missions.

I'm having fun, but I'm willing to go back to healing once again by now, bad luck tank is bad for the morale.

Those hotfixes posted above made me think if Beastmastery is going to become very good again instead of passable and alt DK is sad, blood boil spam was so glorious.
The last two weeks I have run LFR and normal mode on two different characters using 3 bonus rolls each. The only item I got was the boots from kargath on LFR mode for one character who already had that item drop three times. Everything else was bonus gold /MEH.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Time to give us heart strike back so we can get rid of fucking blood boil for single target DPS, please?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yay more stormstrike buffs for enhance Shamans. They should just go wild with that and up it 100%. Then maybe we could compete for damage output.

The Hunter and Warlock pet buffs intrigue me though. Might make pet classes pretty viable now for raids.