World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah why did they get rid of heart strike? I get they culled a lot of shit, but I wouldn't mind a single target attack. I mean we lost runic strike and heart strike

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is this real life?6.0.3 Hotfixes for January 12th - Wowhead News

Next will be the multistrike scaling nerf.
Lol well the great Gladiator Stance experiment lasted a few months. Now the stance is completely useless. Probably will get a 5% damage increase just using Ravager off cooldown.

I guess the haste change is good for me since I'm so haste heavy. Good overall change for combat rogues, really.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yay more stormstrike buffs for enhance Shamans. They should just go wild with that and up it 100%. Then maybe we could compete for damage output.

The Hunter and Warlock pet buffs intrigue me though. Might make pet classes pretty viable now for raids.
I will have to try my enhance a bit more. They have buffed stormestrike around what 60-70% over what it was on release of WOD? At this point I would not be that shocked if it did not wind up eventually getting a 100% buff over its initial value at the rate they are going. I wonder if this plus the haste change makes echos of elements better than the one that gives the plus haste percent.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yay more stormstrike buffs for enhance Shamans. They should just go wild with that and up it 100%. Then maybe we could compete for damage output.

The Hunter and Warlock pet buffs intrigue me though. Might make pet classes pretty viable now for raids.
I'll have to keep an eye on this, because I really wanted to play a Warlock but decided to play a resto druid instead!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Lol well the great Gladiator Stance experiment lasted a few months. Now the stance is completely useless. Probably will get a 5% damage increase just using Ravager off cooldown.

I guess the haste change is good for me since I'm so haste heavy. Good overall change for combat rogues, really.
I don't get how it becomes useless. Still prevent the agro from prot stance, still changes your shield block to shield charge, and 5 percent across the board is nothing to sneeze at.
Overall probably still ahead of the other tier 100 talents (test required here)

Still the go to for pure prot just for the mitigation gain.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder if Haste will be not shit for MM now? I really like the spec (I seem to be the hard minority in that) and while I appreciate that it appears they are making all 3 specs viable I think BM is lame as fuck and SV is pretty fucking boring. First world problems for sure.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He did say that the stance was useless, not the talent. Glad dps was already simming (and logging) so far behind Fury that it was no longer really viable for serious progression, so I can't see anyone using it at all now.

Haste is probably top stat or at least tied with MS/Crit now for MM. Will still be useless for SV because hunter DoTs don't tick faster with haste. I doubt the usefulness of specs will change much, other than BM shooting to the top for Tectus (it was already the best spec for progression Tectus, now it should be best period).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder if Haste will be not shit for MM now? I really like the spec (I seem to be the hard minority in that) and while I appreciate that it appears they are making all 3 specs viable I think BM is lame as fuck and SV is pretty fucking boring. First world problems for sure.
From quickly glancing at rogue sims with the haste change it appears it doesn't really change stat priority in the grand scheme of things. Again this is only from a rogue POV but our specs that hated haste still dislike it but got a minor damage boost. Specs that liked haste just get fatter on haste.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What did they do to Hunter? I just swapped to the expensive multistrike shit and boosted the shit out of my hunters DPS.

@Mythic, we need a couple of bros on Hyjal and I know some of you are bored and wanting to raid. We raid Sunday evenings and Tuesdays at 10pm EST till midnight. 2 days a week for casual Mythic raiding with a good and fun crew of mostly rerolled people. If you are interested were doing heroic clears tonight to try out some people we picked up Sunday and would love to bring more if you have the intention of coming to Hyjal.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hah, the shield nerf to disc is sort of funny. Guess I'm going holy once I get home tonight.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Deathstrike !
Death strike is good, and I don't know your history with WoW/DKs but we had Runic Strikes which triggered off I think parry's and did crazy threat and then we had Heart Strike which IIRC would use a blood rune and was able to attack two targets. It was nice damage output. I could be remembering how heart strike worked incorrectly.

Having just death strike and blood boil is really just boring now.

There were other changes too that I wasn't fond of.. Blood was always the tank spec for high HP single target threat and Frost was our AOE tank spec.. but I digress.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
What did they do to Hunter? I just swapped to the expensive multistrike shit and boosted the shit out of my hunters DPS.

@Mythic, we need a couple of bros on Hyjal and I know some of you are bored and wanting to raid. We raid Sunday evenings and Tuesdays at 10pm EST till midnight. 2 days a week for casual Mythic raiding with a good and fun crew of mostly rerolled people. If you are interested were doing heroic clears tonight to try out some people we picked up Sunday and would love to bring more if you have the intention of coming to Hyjal.
No big changes, Multistrike still best secondary stat for everything but BM (which youmightrun for Tectus only, and for CM's) this may push Haste to the best secondary for Marks but it looks to be so close to Multistrike and Crit(to the softcap) that you won't change anything gear wise, just makes getting those "shitty" pieces a little better I believe. Haste still trash for Survival like Vorph said.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Its not useless its still with the changes about a 5% buff in what their current damage levels are or more with the other associated buffs and it gives you shield charge. It also gives you the 5% mitigation bonus when in defensive stance so it still is all around the best choice for prot warrior specs for their level 100 talent and just from looking at the numbers the overall effect should be a boost to our current DPS.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Death strike is good, and I don't know your history with WoW/DKs but we had Runic Strikes which triggered off I think parry's and did crazy threat and then we had Heart Strike which IIRC would use a blood rune and was able to attack two targets. It was nice damage output. I could be remembering how heart strike worked incorrectly.

There were other changes too that I wasn't fond of.. Blood was always the tank spec for high HP single target threat and Frost was our AOE tank spec.. but I digress.
Its boring but its effective, we can save ourselves from death almost all of the time and have massive oh shit buttons to use. When I play my warrior after I use LS + ER or shield wall its death even at 660+ ilvl and on my DK I can full heal from 4 different sources which are almost always up. Granted my DK is way better geared than my War but its night and day with cooldowns.

Threat is lol for us too, the only time I have any issues is when the OT uses pots + all offensive cooldowns and I don't. If we use DRW on pull combined with a STR pot there isn't a tank who will even come close to pulling agro (but its dumb, DRW is a fucking defensive CD imo and wasted just to shut epeen tanks down)

Needless

Toe Sucker

Yeah this is much needed, although i don't think runic strike is needed anymore. It was nice that it was petty much always a gigantic riposte crit but it's still kind of a bloat skill.
Heartstrike would be great, i would even just make it the single target version that all DKs had instead since they already have blood boil for cleaving

They 1000% need a single target blood attack though, the sheer fact that they don't attack with their weapon on any skills but death strike-as blood, is retarded

---

OMG the PTR patch is fixing undead models to allow them to not have glowy eyes anymore! Blizzard actually listens to feedback once in awhile

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So... why doesn't haste work for hunter dots? I know it's been that way for years, but they changed the way haste works with dots in WOD and still left hunters (and rogues)? alone.

The idea was to prevent double dipping on the stat, I know, but it's overboard now. Haste is so far in the shitter that I have items 25 ilevels higher that are trash.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Its boring but its effective, we can save ourselves from death almost all of the time and have massive oh shit buttons to use. When I play my warrior after I use LS + ER or shield wall its death even at 660+ ilvl and on my DK I can full heal from 4 different sources which are almost always up. Granted my DK is way better geared than my War but its night and day with cooldowns.

Threat is lol for us too, the only time I have any issues is when the OT uses pots + all offensive cooldowns and I don't. If we use DRW on pull combined with a STR pot there isn't a tank who will even come close to pulling agro (but its dumb, DRW is a fucking defensive CD imo and wasted just to shut epeen tanks down)
Yeah I agree with all of that, my point was we had those things AND heart/runic strike.

Threat used to be more of an issue in this game in Vanilla and a little bit in TBC and WOTLK. As it stands now threat is just LOLWUT. Although, I find almost all the time that I pull aggro from other tanks. I pulled aggro from that shitty paladin tank on Saturday on Brackenspore and almost wiped the raid with a breath.