World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was really enjoying Pandaria up through the first couple weeks of the Isle of Thunder stuff, but ToT has just drained all will to play out of me.

I went from doing full Valor and clearing raid LFR content on three different characters each week to not even logging in anymore because of how annoying the ToT LFRs have been. It may also be due to running low on lesser charms and realizing that I needed to do more dailies to be able to afford the bonus rolls each week.

It drifted from "amusing" to "tiring".

Dom_sl

shitlord
I was really enjoying Pandaria up through the first couple weeks of the Isle of Thunder stuff, but ToT has just drained all will to play out of me.

I went from doing full Valor and clearing raid LFR content on three different characters each week to not even logging in anymore because of how annoying the ToT LFRs have been. It may also be due to running low on lesser charms and realizing that I needed to do more dailies to be able to afford the bonus rolls each week.

Lesser Charms drop off of regular mobs in 5.3, and you can get a decent amount from pet battles.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't have any problems getting lesser charms. I'm kinda bummed I can only buy ToT runes once a week. I'm sitting on a fuck ass ton of lesser charms and nothing to do with them.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Yeah, and using them to get some easy sha crystals isn't even worth the time as a loot drop plus bonus drop from every boss in a wing (near impossible) would barely break 2k g/h. It would be nice if we could convert them into VP or something.

Needless

Toe Sucker

I'm pretty much in the same boat, I enjoy dicking around in anything BUT the current ToT LFRs.. I ended up leveling up my war just to dick around in pvp/tanking once in awhile just so i don't have to do the late ToT raids. I haven't gotten loot on 3 character in ToT in multiple weeks.. combined with the fact that people are so bad at doing these encounters, theres no reward for having to carry so many idiots :\

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess I'm in the minority...other than Lei Shen I haven't seen much issue with ToT.

Cybsled

Lei Shen is painful in LFR. Raid I was in got to 7 stacks before we beat him (would have been 10, but we didn't get determination buffs on 3 of the wipes).

Caeden

I realize we're on a really fucking slippery slope with "challenge" in this game but I think 7 wipes the first week on a new lfr boss should probably be the standard at least for end-tier bosses. Any less and the fucker might as well bounce around, do a 30 second laser light show, then pull out one of those t-shirt guns and shoot "epics" at people. At this point lfr is barely a fraction of the encounter as is.

If it kills you, just wait a few weeks for the mentally challenged to be Pavloved enough.

Modo_sl

shitlord
I'm convinced that if you're a casual mmo player who enjoys raiding, LFR will actually ruin the experience for you and burn you out faster than if you were to raid normals with a like-minded group. Sure, you can faceroll it all with minimal difficulty (assuming you can put up with the various annoyances of LFR) and not much of a time commitment, but you really miss out on the things that make raiding fun to begin with. LFR is good for some things, but as a long term fix for not wanting to fit a raid schedule into your week, it's going to burn you out pretty fast, to the point where it feels like a chore.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good point Modo. I'm a level 42 monk, leveling up, but my buddy is in good with his guild that raids every once in a while. My goal is to get tagged in there and be able to help out on their raids casually. I feel that's a way better way to go than just straight LFR.

Btw, anyone leveling up a new character. It's all pretty easy, of course, but it's fairly easy to "acquire" Zygor guides if you are familiar with the "bay of the pirate" website. Tells me the best order to do the guides, similar to quest helper, but the coolest part, when I click on dudes, it automatically turns them in, and gets the next quests for me. Saves on some clicking!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
WoW
smile.png
! Theyusually wait for the next expansion before touching that.

Caeden

I think they're trying to make a dynamic balance for alts. That and the content is slowly funneling. In reality you have one rep and a fuckton of dungeons now for alts so I'm somewhat surprised by this too. I guess some folks grind reps on alts. I barely do on my main.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do they think that it's taking too long? or did they do some kind of numbers, and feel that there are not enough characters at level 90?