World of Warcraft: Current Year

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Any fight where someone can probably just spam chain lightning would probably work out that way.
Spam Chain Lightning? That's not how it works. Unleash elements -> Flame Shock -> Lava Lash -> Fire Nova. Chain Light only when it procs lol.

Someone correct me if in my rotation I should use UE before Fire Nova or if it's good how it is right now.

Lol Chain Lightning spam.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
Spam Chain Lightning? That's not how it works. Unleash elements -> Flame Shock -> Lava Lash -> Fire Nova. Chain Light only when it procs lol.

Someone correct me if in my rotation I should use UE before Fire Nova or if it's good how it is right now.

Lol Chain Lightning spam.
lol @ your reading comprehension

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Mythic Tectus is nothing but elemental shamans on the top

-edit-

Meant enhance not ele
frown.png
Anything where enhance can freely bang away at multiple targets with flame nova is going to wind up with them on top. Flame nova/lava lash spreading flame shock is just that good right now. I think the 6.1 boosts I saw for ele should help boost their damage on the multi target AOE fights a good bit though.

Ele seem fine at the moment stronger on single target than enhance from what I have seen. Enhance just are really stupidly good on cleave fights/multiple add fights.

Zastlyn

Peasant
Ele was in a bad spot in the beginning of the xpac. They're better now in PvE. 3/4ths of the people bitching about Ele shms are PVPers. IDK shit about PVP but i can see Ele shms not being the greatest.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ele was in a bad spot in the beginning of the xpac. They're better now in PvE. 3/4ths of the people bitching about Ele shms are PVPers. IDK shit about PVP but i can see Ele shms not being the greatest.
It feels like they would have the same problem that shamans have always had in PVP: being permanently locked to your GCD's. Thank god I no longer give two shits about pvp.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have a good recommendation for an add-on that shows how long my debuffs/dots last?

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone have a good recommendation for an add-on that shows how long my debuffs/dots last?
The default UI does that. I just use moveanything and make my debuffs larger and more central. Works for every mechanic that has ever employed a debuff, meanwhile other people fuck it up 10 times then finally get a weak aura.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
It can do that with actual numerical representations? If so then color me retarded. I just went off the visual representation and I know I'm losing DPS because of the 9 second rule with Flame Shock.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I use TellMeWhen.

I had to look up a DK guide for setting it up to manage everything though, but it works great. My debuffs are always large icons telling me how long they have left, as well as things popping up to let me know when CDs are up. It takes a bit of setup though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Raven if you want something that can track DoTs on a whole bunch of enemies, especially ones that you may or may not have actually tab-targeted ever. (Not even WeakAuras can do that correctly.) I haven't used it personally since Cataclysm when my main was moonkin but I've seen it recommended recently and people say it's as good as ever.

If you don't need that one feature that WeakAuras lacks, just use it instead.

Tenks

I use weak auras with some little countdown bars for all my stuff. Like Vorph said it doesn't help with tab targetting though. I usually just have to spam tab around until I notice a mob without that bar active.

Zastlyn

Peasant
It feels like they would have the same problem that shamans have always had in PVP: being permanently locked to your GCD's. Thank god I no longer give two shits about pvp.
Well that and Ele shamans have terrible mobility. No Blink/Displacer beast etc. Just Thunderstorm which sorta blows.

Tenks

So in general are healer monks assigned to doing raid/misc healing instead of keeping the tank alive? It seems most of the kit is good for hopping around from person to person instead of just dumping it all on a target.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably that and eles lost their move and shoot options so they are kinda static which is fine for pve but I could see how that could be annoying in pvp.

TheYanger

For multidotting it's VERY rare that you're not dealing with 'small' mobs (usually not gigantic boss shit) so I just have my debuffs on their nameplates with tidyplates. Works fine. For primary targets you have a timer.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Raiding: what Miele said, except don't use chi brew.. it's less chi gained per minute than power strikes is by a large margin.
Relic of my old MoP habits: brew gave 2 stacks and critted every other use for extra stacks, which meant that mana wasn't ever a concern, even doing challenge modes. You're definitely right, it's not very good in WoD and I should change it. The new 6.1 Ascension seems interesting, I'll have to try it.
My guild unfortunately has 6/7 healers and 2 tanks, so I'm kinda locked in the tanking role (which is fun, so I have no issues).

Did Blizzard ever mention cracked jade lightning and if they want to revert it to usable status? It was fun and somehow useful in MoP, now it's shit and hits for nothing: good for BrM ranged pulls I guess.

@Tenks: I healed only pug raids, so I usually focused on spreading the greens, occasionally topping the tank or someone else with an Enveloping Mist if I didn't need the chi for uplifts. I don't think it's a great tank healing class to be honest: no shields and Surging heals for very little, enveloping is not always available and certainly not spammable. Disc priest, holy priest, paladin, shaman are all better suited imo, even the druid to be honest is a better tank healer. As I said I didn't heal anything hard in WoD and I'm much better at healing with druid or disco priest, hell even holy paladin, but I healed for years, I think I have a decent grasp of what works and what doesn't and this is my impression.
You can heal a tank on normal mode, same for 5 men, but your strengths lie elsewhere.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Pretty much nailed it on the head there, if a monk needs to tank heal they have to focus absolutely everything on the tank, which murders their ability to heal everybody else, which they excel at.
The only time i really target a tank is to put life cocoon on them during tank mechanic fights (brackenspore breath, impale etc), and if they dip low i'll swap and soothing/surge/enveloping then swap off them. 9 times out of ten i don't need to do that though as our priests/druid are much better at keeping them up.

I just wish we ran with an OP holy pally, If i didn't enjoy my monk as much as i do this expansion i would definitely do pally healing.. which i may do at some point on alt pugs or something. Depending on how much i enjoy BRF, and how long were stuck with it before the next tier.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I only have 3 pieces of heroic loot and the fucking Highmaul mission gives me an item I already have. Fuck you, WoW!