World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vitality

HUSTLE
I just looked for a crafted 620 weapon. I assume it's the Warstaff for monks. Shit is like 9k.
Yeah not worth it at all, better off doing a quick honor grind in ashran/bgs etc for an easy 620 pvp (that scales up in pvp related activities)

Ideally you'd want to get a warforged 626 from battleground win reward chests if you can manage it.

It's not like older versions where resilience takes away from stat budget - it's got real stats on it.

**Edit: I might be bothered to login if you need a carry or two in bg's etc

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Protadin for the sweet extra loot bags in LFR and bodyguard lets me pull like 10 mobs at once and then just watch it die, Vivianne sometimes uses only fireballs tho
frown.png

The game is fun, but there doesn't seem to be that much to do, especially now that the carrot stick is just +gooderer and I'd be very surprised if the next expansion or even 6.2 doesn't have wardrobe ala GW2 to let you play princess maker.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The best part about having a tank main is I am loading up on satchels to give to my next 100 and hopefully deck them out in 630 gear as soon as they ding.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Pretty absurd how much gold you can make from 7 characters and doing just the gold reward missions that pop up on followers.
I just logged in after maybe 6 hours of follower missions to 1142, i'll have to see what i get in a full day tomorrow lol

One is only 93 so his garrison/follower count sucks
frown.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Garrison missions: 48163g 70s 21c.

I was skeptical of treasure missions, but inn L3 really is worth it if you want a passive gold stream. That 48k is with me slacking for a couple weeks around xmas too.

Edit: I've been ignoring my inn for almost a month, but once 6.1 hits I'm definitely getting a gold farmer from it every week for a while.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Same, definitely want ~3 or 4 of them.

Since that previous post i made another 1150, it's pretty insane lol.. so 2.5 hours later, total of 2221ish, mad gold from follower missions!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The game is fun, but there doesn't seem to be that much to do, especially now that the carrot stick is just +gooderer and I'd be very surprised if the next expansion or even 6.2 doesn't have wardrobe ala GW2 to let you play princess maker.
Yea, it would be good if the current Void Storage/Transmog couple was scrapped, you'd simply flag any piece that you bind as "unlocked" account-wide, and you'd have it on transmog forever. But that would mean you could have alts sporting current-tier raid gear look, and we can't have that, can we?

One of the funky things is that, since Cata, the syndrome of goofy-looking levelling gear that led to the infamous BC cartoon has vanished. You have two looks: random green and quest gear, and every single piece belongs to one or the other. Puts a crimp in the attempts to wardrobe stuff.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Pretty absurd how much gold you can make from 7 characters and doing just the gold reward missions that pop up on followers.
The PTR has me slightly worried, since apparently we got ilvl 675 datamined missions. Better stock up on tokens.

velk

Trakanon Raider

I was skeptical of treasure missions, but inn L3 really is worth it if you want a passive gold stream. That 48k is with me slacking for a couple weeks around xmas too.

Edit: I've been ignoring my inn for almost a month, but once 6.1 hits I'm definitely getting a gold farmer from it every week for a while.
Wait what ? Inn level 3 gives follower missions with more gold ? Hah, I was wondering why their 'especially lucrative' daily quests had such shit rewards, if they are follower missions that makes a lot more sense.

Yeah, I was looking at the new gold+ followers and thinking 'big deal', but checking accountant, I am getting a shitton of gold from garrison missions, more than selling the BOEs. I see levelling up some gold whores in my future.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Trying to find a mythic guild looking for a tank is depressing -- people rabble about tank queue time in 5 man but we get the shaft when it comes to doing actual real content. Looking for a guild with aspirations of being a mythic guild seems like it could go far too wrong, though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Yes I keep a T3 inn on my warrior and probably my monk as well. Getting those 100g/250g missions is a nice little source of income.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trying to find a mythic guild looking for a tank is depressing -- people rabble about tank queue time in 5 man but we get the shaft when it comes to doing actual real content. Looking for a guild with aspirations of being a mythic guild seems like it could go far too wrong, though.
I've tried out 2 and one was good but didn't fit my schedule but it might work for you. They did 5/7 pretty easily last week and raid Sunday + Tuesday 10-2am EST which I cant do with work, if you want I can send you my friends info and you can talk with him. Prob going to end up just going DPS which is fine with me to keep it to a 2 day guild for me that has hours that work.

Oddly enough most friends guilds are looking for plate dps which is like the opposite of the issue we had on Hyjal

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Generally tank players -- at least competent tanks -- are usually more progression minded than your average idiot DPS. It isn't shocking most mythic guilds are already set on their MT/OT but need other roles. Probably doesn't help basically every fight in HM is just 2 tank rotations.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Yea, I'm not surprised that guilds probably take more care to vet their tanks given how attendance issues may essentially halt the raid.

Noodle, I've considered that but I've shied away from playing DPS for years and if I were to start, I'd want to just go EZmode ranged. mDPS is jarring to me given how ingrained it is (as a tank) that I'm the one moving the mobs, not some 3rd party.

As it stands I think I'll continue perusing wowprogress/forums -- I'm not in a real big rush just yet, I'm just getting bored/annoyed with my casual guild. I picked them to find a safe place to train up some newb real life friends and after the first day of a brand-new friend raiding, the RL got on his case for being a carry -- said RL averages 20-30th percentile dps... the entire guild may as well be a carry from my perspective.

EDIT: I know I bitch about this weekly but holy fuck why is the population (horde/alliance) still segregated; its annoying as fuck that its 2015 and I can't play with half the population at any given time.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree the horde/alliance hard division has gone beyond silly. Hell look at this expansion we are actively working with the horde to defeat the iron horde. Sure do it the eq2 way you cannot visit enemy cities unless you rep up but there is zero reason why we should not be able to group up with horde folks out in the field and quest/raid together.