World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dom_sl

shitlord
Yeah, but take a few minutes and think about the vast amount of shit they would need to change. The entire game is built around factions. And even if they did do it, it wouldn't provide the "a lot of content" that GC mentioned. At most it would give us more quests to do that we can already do just by having an alt in the other faction.

The only convincing argument I could see for it even happening is that it would allow them to slim down the amount of duplicated content they need to do for each patch, which would fit well into their slimming down lately as it will reduce some overhead as the game gets into its later years.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Using game designer logic, removing factions would in fact nearly double all available content since the vast majority of quests are faction-specific. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what he meant.

(Yes, I know that the content is there now - and nothing new would truly be added - but it's not available to all characters so it would therefore be considered a huge increase in content. This is no different than the logic of scaling old raids increasing content.)

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is tuesdays the "anybody that can pvp, should only arena, or not do bgs" day? because i havent won a single fucking BG today. Its incredible how bad the horde is at most bgs in this shitty bracket

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The only two things I can see the unannounced feature being is raid scaling, or player housing, and player housing is more of an expansion selling-point feature. Raid scaling is more likely as it goes hand-in-hand with their intent on doing "The great squish" with ilvls etc...

But, Blizzard does come out of left field with some pretty innovative shit at times, so it could be a completely new feature that we never thought of.
I'm hoping it's raid scaling. I think that would be an excellent idea. I also am a huge fan of the ilvl squishing although at this point it may not ever happen. If they capped raids but not gear, that would be pretty neat ie the gear scales up to your level but the raid zone is capped based on a level (60, 70, etc etc). They could do the same with dungeons and heroics post level 60.

Is tuesdays the "anybody that can pvp, should only arena, or not do bgs" day? because i havent won a single fucking BG today. Its incredible how bad the horde is at most bgs in this shitty bracket
I think most are doing Arenas and RBGs on Tuesday. Most people gearing alts realized that Heroics are faster honor than regular BGs, especially if you are tank or healer. It also avoids getting ass-raped repeatedly stepping into BGs undergeared.
tongue.png

tongue.png

Clug

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just use Oqueue to do BG's. Yes it will take a bit longer to get into a group than just q'ing up solo but at least you'll win 9 out of 10 times this way.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's pretty much all of them. I'm frankly astonished anyone would touch WoW for any fucking reason whatsoever now. Mind-bottling.
Isn't current WoW the digital manifestation of your entire sociopolitical philosophy? Aren't the hardcore poopsockers the digital bankers and those of us that bust ass in business while the the rest are the casuals of the real world?

I really don't care about your response. Just found it mildly amusing having read your posts. Also, wth is mind bottling?? I thought it was "boggling?"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Meh. I miss the LK too but it hasn't been that bad. Reminds me of some of the more random stuff in Vanilla. For whatever reason, I think 6.0 is going to loreiffic.
I loved Lich King lore. But it also was about 6 years for that entire story to create and resolve, and everything inbetween was amazing. The entire MMORPG was created around what happened because of Arthas, which was then based on Warcraft 3. It was cool however seeing some of the towns from Warcraft 1 and 2, but really, the mainstay was always upon the building block of 3 and the expansion.

I still check out the Warcraft 3 cut scenes. They are so awesome.

Cybsled

Ah. Blades of Glory...still doesn't work. Been a long time since I saw that.
Movie references that involve incorrect usage of grammar, words, or incorrect facts are always hard to pull off
wink.png
During a raid where we were having trouble, I told the raid "When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did we give up? NO!", then pretty much all the replies were along the lines of "wtf, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Learn2history".

wink.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blizzcon tickets are so easy to get. Why people raging so hard? Blizzcon 2013 is going to be sweet!

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Blizzcon tickets are so easy to get. Why people raging so hard? Blizzcon 2013 is going to be sweet!
Always loved their "Blizzcon loses us monies!!" argument. Just looked at their site, the only way their tickets would sell out faster is if they sold tickets to blizzcon 2014 at blizzcon 2013 akin to how SD Comic Con does it. Want to go to blizzcon in 2014? grats unless you didn't get to go to 2013 then you are boned!!

Would be epic reading about the neckbeards crying over it.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man, you ever group with folks so bad that you have to armory them because you think they're trolling...?

"what are my cds?"

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
I think most are doing Arenas and RBGs on Tuesday. Most people gearing alts realized that Heroics are faster honor than regular BGs, especially if you are tank or healer. It also avoids getting ass-raped repeatedly stepping into BGs undergeared.
tongue.png
Prior to getting into PVP in Mists, this is exactly what I did. Build a tank set, queue as tank, roll in ~2-3k honor an hour with some good DPS and a RL Healer friend so long as we didn't get Shado-pan Monastery. Fuck that place. Few hours later, rollin around in full Malev not knowing a thing about how to PVP. 1800+ 2's taught me pretty quick, heh.

tongue.png

Salshun_sl

shitlord
At the risk of embarrassing myself, I can't figure out how to read Mr. Robot. When I optimize, does the green tell me what to do? Blade's Edge - Salshun, help me out.