World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can group with other people and you all get the caged animal item for trapping one.
So we need to make sure we are all on our friends list, and then everytime we find one, just invite everyone we can so they pop into our instance, and we can all share traps.

Crone

Doesn't work that well in raid groups, think it's capped at 5 trapped or something.
Wasn't thinking a raid, and we'd disband as soon as we all got it, so that we can maximize farming potential. This reminds me of Bounty turn-ins in D3. Since everyone got the horadric cache that was in game at time of turn in. Just yell out and invite who you can!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
6/10H is not what anyone (outside of the minivan dad raid crowd) would consider decent progression when the raid's been out for over 2 months. For reference, I've personally PUG'd 10/10 H the last 3 weeks.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
6/10H is not what anyone (outside of the minivan dad raid crowd) would consider decent progression when the raid's been out for over 2 months. For reference, I've personally PUG'd 10/10 H the last 3 weeks.
I wasn't really looking for responses or opinions. But thanks... I guess?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't really looking for responses or opinions. But thanks... I guess?
You made a recruitment post but weren't looking for a response? That's odd. In any case, you opined on their rate of progression, and since this is a forum (where people respond and share opinions), I thought you might appreciate knowing that 6/10 H is not "decent" progression, no matter how you cut it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Response sure but likely not a critique? Pretty sure he was just throwing it out there for those who may be interested. When my hours suck i find small casual guilds to join,.....ofcourse i move on when i have more time/desire to commit but if that guild raided weekends those 2 nights it would be my prime pick.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Response sure but likely not a critique? Pretty sure he was just throwing it out there for those who may be interested. When my hours suck i find small casual guilds to join,.....ofcourse i move on when i have more time/desire to commit but if that guild raided weekends those 2 nights it would be my prime pick.
It wasn't a critique. A critique would sound something like, "Your buddy's guild is shit." What I said was 6/10H isn't decent progression. Out of curiosity I looked up roughly where a 6/10H guild could expect to fall in the grand scheme of "progression." For your information there are approximately 20,000 guilds in the world that have gotten farther than 6 bosses in BRF.

But you're right; I shouldn't have bothered replying. Some fit of madness came over me, and I thought this guy might appreciate knowing that a recruitment post for a guild like his buddy's would be much better framed as casual, minivan friendly, or whatever else you want to call it besides "semi-casual" and "decently progressed." As someone who considers themselves casual (I raid 3 hours a week, not 8), I would rather wash dishes for 8 hours a week than be stuck at 6/10 in a raid that I can PUG (and one shot) 10/10 in 2.5 hours.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't a critique. A critique would sound something like, "Your buddy's guild is shit." What I said was 6/10H isn't decent progression. Out of curiosity I looked up roughly where a 6/10H guild could expect to fall in the grand scheme of "progression." For your information there are approximately 20,000 guilds in the world that have gotten farther than 6 bosses in BRF.

But you're right; I shouldn't have bothered replying. Some fit of madness came over me, and I thought this guy might appreciate knowing that a recruitment post for a guild like his buddy's would be much better framed as casual, minivan friendly, or whatever else you want to call it besides "semi-casual" and "decently progressed." As someone who considers themselves casual (I raid 3 hours a week, not 8), I would rather wash dishes for 8 hours a week than be stuck at 6/10 in a raid that I can PUG (and one shot) 10/10 in 2.5 hours.
So ignore it and move on. I don't really care what your (or anyone else's) opinion of "decent progression" is, or what your personal progression is. It's also no secret that you can pug 10/10 H. But, Believe it or not, I have personally raided with lots of people from this board who have no problem with the above mentioned pace and would prefer not to pug. Just so happens that they are all horde so thought I'd mention that I know of an alliance group. Nothing more nothing less. I don't really need to know who's interested or otherwise because I do not raid with them, I'm simply helping a friend.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Dandai's point was why try to characterize that guild as something it quite clearly isn't. 6/10H after this long means they have a bunch of glue-eaters holding them back or serious attendance issues.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dandai's point was why try to characterize that guild as something it quite clearly isn't. 6/10H after this long means they have a bunch of glue-eaters holding them back or serious attendance issues.
We are 6/10H with only a couple glueeaters, last week being our first time in heroic. Some people just take it slow. On the other hand, we still enjoy the game and haven't been quitting in droves.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Ugh, how did I characterize it as anything other than a 6/10 guild that I DON'T raid with? I really get tired of the pettiness on this board sometimes. I mean is it that hard to not have a shitty response to something if it isn't for you? I said quite clearly that it is not my guild nor do I run with them. I don't understand why people think that means that I need to be responded to about it. Especially with posts of it's perceived inadequacy.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Noodle, you've had a pretty open mandate about taking anyone and teaching them, plus I thought you were on a 1 day a week schedule? That's a different guild doctrine, I wouldn't dare blame glue-eating as a reason for being slow for you guys; its obviously a casual "lets try to have fun on Saturday" environment. I dunno -- I think it's fair to point out that a guild offering 6/10H progression with a 2 day commitment required isn't really surpassing what people can knock out in pugs these days.

The first guild I joined back in Dec/Jan had a pretty motley crew. 2 days a week schedule, 10 guys routinely parsed under 30 percent. One good tank, one good healer, one good dps... the rest, mediocre. Lots of apathy: no joke, when I mentioned at the end of a raid that I uploaded everything to WCL, the reaction was ("That seems like a lot of work just to have a copy of your fight, whats the point.") Multiple guys talking about how they didn't like hotkeys because they're accustomed to mouse-clicking their abilities, etc etc. They just hit 9/10H last week.

edit: I'm just a little salty since while looking for guilds, I ran into a ton who were so misleading about what they were all about.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can be salty all you want, that's fine and understandable. Alavaz was simply saying he had a buddy looking for people and got called out for it.

Crone

So what's up with LFD? What I'm used to in MoP is while leveling up, the random LFD woudl give you 2-4 different dungeons it would pick from. Now, while leveling up in MoP, I have only 1 at a time that it says it's queuing for. While you still get the "random" benefits, that's not really random. Does that change at 100? I can't even go into specific dungeon and pick more, because they are gone from that window too.
frown.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was not aware of the new blood type for the final crafting level. Going to hoard the instant barn completion tokens now on my two characters and start leveling up 2 more. Hope to have 40 or so between the two which would be 200 completions instantly when the patch goes live and I get the traps. I might even have more by then, if I can stomach the leveling process at a fast rate for my Warlock and Mage.

velk

Trakanon Raider
So what's up with LFD? What I'm used to in MoP is while leveling up, the random LFD woudl give you 2-4 different dungeons it would pick from. Now, while leveling up in MoP, I have only 1 at a time that it says it's queuing for. While you still get the "random" benefits, that's not really random. Does that change at 100? I can't even go into specific dungeon and pick more, because they are gone from that window too.
frown.png
The MoP dungeons all have relatively restrictive level requirements, more will become available when you level up - it's the same reason you get utgarde keep over and over and over when you hit 70.