World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I was not aware of the new blood type for the final crafting level. Going to hoard the instant barn completion tokens now on my two characters and start leveling up 2 more. Hope to have 40 or so between the two which would be 200 completions instantly when the patch goes live and I get the traps. I might even have more by then, if I can stomach the leveling process at a fast rate for my Warlock and Mage.
I still doubt the barn is going to be the only source of felblood. Pretty much forcing everyone to have that one building is not a good thing, and Blizzard knows it. I expect having stuff like an alchemy transmute that takes 50 catalyst+savage blood into felblood, and/or 100 spirit to buy a felblood.

Oh, and isn't barn rush order only available from the vendor at 1000GR? I don't think you can get missions for it, so you're going to need full GR, GR, GR... and apparently keep 5000GR around for the quest to build a shipyard.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
IMHO you should switch from Inn to Lumber Mill now just to farm GR and Barn orders unless you already have enough Treasure Hunters that you can get triple or quadruple gold from every mission. Spending 10 GR for a 100g mission is dumb, that's only 10:1 conversion and Barn rush orders are going to be worth double that.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Does anyone else have problems with frequent disconnects/lag spikes? Seems to be a common theme since 6.1. Sometimes I can go a couple hours without an issue, others like today I get disconnected like every 5-10 mins.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Does anyone else have problems with frequent disconnects/lag spikes? Seems to be a common theme since 6.1. Sometimes I can go a couple hours without an issue, others like today I get disconnected like every 5-10 mins.
Check to make sure there is an exception in your firewall for wow. I've seen a lot of people have this problem after a patch.

velk

Trakanon Raider
IMHO you should switch from Inn to Lumber Mill now just to farm GR and Barn orders unless you already have enough Treasure Hunters that you can get triple or quadruple gold from every mission. Spending 10 GR for a 100g mission is dumb, that's only 10:1 conversion and Barn rush orders are going to be worth double that.
That's crazy talk, does anyone have trouble capping GR currently ? Maybe after it goes live that might be a good idea, lumber mill is pretty high maintenance though.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The only time I've had connection problems with bnet or WoW has been when I've forgotten to shut down my torrents. I've got a cheap router that can't handle many connections, and it seems like bnet is low on the traffic priority. So if you torrent, you might try that.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's crazy talk, does anyone have trouble capping GR currently ? Maybe after it goes live that might be a good idea, lumber mill is pretty high maintenance though.
I have trouble capping, but I just started a couple weeks ago, so that's expected. I should have built a lumber mill, instead of an Inn, because what, 2 new followers I could have gotten, I could have farmed so much more. About to demolish my level 2 Inn for a Lumber mill until I can cap level 3 Town hall. F me.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I can't say first hand since I got rid of my lumber mill early as soon as I got the achieves but I don't think it's nearly the chore it used to be. Lumber doesn't have a cap anymore. Combined with what I imagine is much less competition than the first couple of weeks and I'd guess you could stockpile quite a bit off one decent nagrand sweep.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The idea is, when you cap, buy barn rush orders to turn into felblood when 6.2 drops.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Thank you very much for the help! Per the above, would you say we are still in the early parts of the expansion? haha. From a pure making money perspective, would you double or triple up on Inscription/Enchanting? or go Enchanting/Tailor, Inscription/Alchemy, JC/Blacksmith, and spread the tradeskills out?
Can't really give you good advice there, depends on what you prefer and what your server's market looks like. I like them spread out myself because diversity; plus I hate change (don't want to re-skill for flavor of the year tradeskill).

RE: Felblood / Barn - I'm not going out there and competing over spawns. Sounds great in general, it's just not my thing. I hate gold or something. Plus it involves work.
I might get bored as fuck and backpedal on this though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I cashed in all my alt's accumulated tradeskill crap for ~25k. Not going to log him on anymore. Hunter or bust for the rest of the ride.

So Mythic was a breeze for the first 5 but boy are we failing at Kromog pillars. I look at damage done to pillars, and the specs people are using, and wonder wtf they keep refusing to spec for that 15s burst-or-wipe mechanic. Using A Murder of Crows and saving my on-use trinket may put me down the list on the meters but I'm shitstomping on pillars, just like primal eles on blast furnace. Forget your fucking dps rank and save your shit for when it matters, ffs. (this rant sounds way better when it comes an Australian chick calling people shitcunts)

What's funny about the fight though is suddenly a roster full of hunters isn't a bad thing. If you can keep fox up for the duration, then your casters can do full damage and pillars are np. But we seem to be down to 2 hunters showing up and that means half our ranged literally can't do anything but dodge penises for a third of the phase. Great design there, Lou. An automatic wipe dps check with maximum movement, wat? And they are removing the only ability that makes the encounter possible, short of sitting all your casters.

But then this is why you have 25 mythic raiders for 20 slots. I'm annoyed that fun people who were good players couldn't see that.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, all the benched melee need to get in at least one fight
smile.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well they had better pray our AWOL hunter shows up then. He was apparently their biggest dick-swinger but he wanted a break and I've only seen him once since I joined.

Crone

Hit 610 ilvl last night and completed the silver trial. Hit up my first heroics, and so the grind begins!! After 2 heroics only, I'm 614 iLvl and about to hit up the LFRs. I'm so glad the queue times are better for heroics. For WoD normals, I was waiting 30-40 minutes, but for heroics its about 10 minutes. Not bad for DPS.

I was paying tanks 100g per instance so I could avoid the queue times.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The whole movement thing is the most incredibly maddening aspect of the current iteration of WoW. The game is almost entirely about playing Twister with various types of benevolent and malevolent ground fire and yet they make several classes that are just anchored into place barring the use of highly limited cooldowns. Remember when they took away the Shaman ability to cast Lightning while moving? They claimed it was because so much movement capability was restricting their PVE game design and PVP balance, but that there would be less actual needed movement in this expansion. Fast forward half-a-year and everything from dungeons to raids to everything in between is littered with a veritable rainbow of overlapping ground effects and hot potato bombs.

Game mechanics which prevent players from actually taking actions are just dumb especially when such effects do not impact everyone equally.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The whole movement thing is the most incredibly maddening aspect of the current iteration of WoW. The game is almost entirely about playing Twister with various types of benevolent and malevolent ground fire and yet they make several classes that are just anchored into place barring the use of highly limited cooldowns. Remember when they took away the Shaman ability to cast Lightning while moving? They claimed it was because so much movement capability was restricting their PVE game design and PVP balance, but that there would be less actual needed movement in this expansion. Fast forward half-a-year and everything from dungeons to raids to everything in between is littered with a veritable rainbow of overlapping ground effects and hot potato bombs.

Game mechanics which prevent players from actually taking actions are just dumb especially when such effects do not impact everyone equally.
It certainly doesn't make a whole ton of sense to me to make Ele Shaman a pure turret class yet let Hunters have complete mobility. I'm gearing up a Hunter alt finally as I see very little reason for us to keep bringing my Shaman.

We were able to alleviate a lot of our attendance issues by absorbing a small guild of 8 or so almost mythic ready players. On Mythic nights we have 4-5 bench guys online twiddling their thumbs (I've done that before. It isn't fun but I guess just how the game works now.) Performance is a big deal now though and I just don't see what I'm really adding on that Ele. Killer DPS on operator I guess.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Get your tank situation fixed yet!? I haven't logged on since Wed.

Fuck my garrisons. They are all rotting ghost towns.

*tumbleweeds*

Crone

Get your tank situation fixed yet!? I haven't logged on since Wed.

Fuck my garrisons. They are all rotting ghost towns.

*tumbleweeds*
Funny how things change. Since I'm new to come back, I'm sitting here at work, and can't wait to go home so I can get into my Garrisons!